Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

AAA alkaline amazon Batteries 20 pack. 5.98

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2021 5:12 pm
16 replies
Sep 26, 2013
597 posts
1192 upvotes
Thanks OP. ordered a pack. also need AA battery but not on sale right now :(
Jul 21, 2021
903 posts
3879 upvotes
How do these compare to the Panasonic ones at Dollarama?
Jul 17, 2013
73 posts
126 upvotes
Calgary
I find the amazon ones are pretty decent. comparable to most brand name. better than some of those cheaper ones like rayovolt and i've never had amazon ones leak on me yet.
Jul 15, 2021
17 posts
23 upvotes
NS
Just out of curiosity - what are some of the reasons you guys pick up regular batteries vs rechargeable ones? Genuine question - I've been using IKEA's rechargeable ones for the three things I have that run on batteries, but I can see that getting unreasonably expensive if you have more than a few devices. Or are there reliability/cost of replacement concerns?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
2290 posts
1949 upvotes
andruxag wrote: Just out of curiosity - what are some of the reasons you guys pick up regular batteries vs rechargeable ones? Genuine question - I've been using IKEA's rechargeable ones for the three things I have that run on batteries, but I can see that getting unreasonably expensive if you have more than a few devices. Or are there reliability/cost of replacement concerns?
- Devices that need the full 1.5V vs ones that can manage with 1.2V
- Cold weather application like outdoor equipment
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
How do these compare in quality and price to the Costco Kirkland AAA's?
Mar 14, 2005
686 posts
443 upvotes
Kirkland ones are junk, you can goto costco and see them leaking in the packaging all brand new. They are just rebranded duraleak anyway. Avoid.
Mar 11, 2015
77 posts
94 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Amazon Basics AAA Battery "mah"

800 mAH
Technical Details
Brand ‎Amazon Basics
batteries required ‎Yes
Battery Capacity ‎800 Milliampere Hour (mAh)
Battery cell composition ‎Alkaline
Manufacturer ‎AmazonBasics

It is good enough for the price
Jan 7, 2007
305 posts
570 upvotes
Ottawa
Alkaline batteries do get a bit longer life when frozen - but they have to be sealed in plastic, or condensation on removing may short them out. You do have to thaw before using.
(Pure condensed water does not conduct electricity, but add ANY impurities....)
Jul 23, 2008
511 posts
63 upvotes
Calgary
azraelluz wrote: Thanks OP. ordered a pack. also need AA battery but not on sale right now :(
Same. I need AA... those controllers are eating through my collection
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2011
5851 posts
5492 upvotes
Calgary
andruxag wrote: Just out of curiosity - what are some of the reasons you guys pick up regular batteries vs rechargeable ones? Genuine question - I've been using IKEA's rechargeable ones for the three things I have that run on batteries, but I can see that getting unreasonably expensive if you have more than a few devices. Or are there reliability/cost of replacement concerns?

I'm a big proponent of rechargeables to reduce environmental waste, but there are some applications where alkalines are better. It has to do with how each type discharges, low drain vs. high drain, voltage requirements, etc

For example, it's not recommended to use lithiums in smoke detectors because they can't maintain low voltage and will die quick not giving you any warning that it's low on battery.

Alkaline = low drain devices
Lithium/NiCd = high drain devices
teksavvy sucks
Nov 8, 2019
148 posts
190 upvotes
Surrey, BC
I usually use rechargeable batteries, but for the AAA they get swapped so rarely my rechargeable ones broke down (display ERR in my charger) before I could use them more than two or three times. Mainly had issues with EBL and I believe a few from Amazon, not sure if other brands are so unreliable as well.
Apr 18, 2008
646 posts
1198 upvotes
BC
thegame99 wrote: How do these compare to the Panasonic ones at Dollarama?
I've noticed that Dollar Tree is shifting from Panasonic and Chateau branded batteries to another brand (E Circuit). The button cells are, of course, now 2 in a pack instead of 3.

Jul 21, 2021
903 posts
3879 upvotes
MandomRix wrote: I've noticed that Dollar Tree is shifting from Panasonic and Chateau branded batteries to another brand (E Circuit). The button cells are, of course, now 2 in a pack instead of 3.

That sucks that their going from three to two. I don't have any Dollar Trees near me (Montreal) but I want to check them out next time I am in Ottawa or Toronto.
Jul 13, 2016
784 posts
1294 upvotes
Vancouver, London, T…
FYI, these AAA Amazon Basic batteries are Made in China. Just received my 20 pack today.

Hopefully they don’t leak.
Images
  • 3EF9826F-466B-41CE-A624-445A281C7055.jpeg