• Nov 14th, 2018 2:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5592 posts
1702 upvotes
Cornwall PE

[Amazon Canada] AC Infinity AIRCOM AV-Home Theater cooling units-various prices

Not a sale price per say, but much much lower prices at amazon than anywhere else. These units are for cooling your av gear that is stowed away in your audio-home entertainment cabinets. Some units sit atop units such as receivers and amplifiers, and others are to be installed into the cabinet its self. They come in various configurations, the on unit models from 12" to 17"s, some have read outs others just a means to set the temps. The top sitting units 12 and 17 inches can be had exhaust out the front for cabinets without doors but closed at the back, out the top, or out the back. All I think use 120 mm fans in either 2 or 3 arrays, 12 and 17". The cabinet units require a cutout somewhere on the cabinet and have 1 to 3 120 mm fans, and can be adjoined to the units that sit on the component.
I purchased the T8, $110. This device will sit on my receiver and exhaust out the back once I cut a hole in the proper place. I also bought an s7 (used) for $35.
Regular priced units seem to have taxes included in the price as well.
The T 8 Image
The s7 Image
There are also individual fans (same as 120 mm pc fans) with or with out temp sensors and adjusters.
Again I know that these aren't amazon sales but these prices are considerably lower than I have seen else where. I haven't installed mine yet but I can say that the build quality is impressive with fairly thick gauge metal and decent looking quality wise fans.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
13 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
1268 posts
64 upvotes
Montreal
Last year I bought a T7 for my Xbox One S and a S7 for my PS4.

The S7 would power on and off automatically with the PS4 while for the T7, I put the sensor on top of the Xbox One fan intake

These fans could be of better quality. Similar size PC fan from Antec offers better airflow and are more quiet.

Still, it does the job well. My consoles are in a close cabinet and no one would even know where they are located.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12232 posts
4077 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the post... I've been meaning to find a rack mounted cooling panel for my HT setup so I can cool my AV closet. The AC Infinity CloudPlate T series would be perfect but quite pricey, especially if I am getting two (bottom for intake, top for exhaust). Any alternatives out there besides AC Infinity? I would even opt for something that doesn't have temperature controlled as I could rig up the panels to a smart plug and link it to a temperature sensor inside the AV closet and have SmartThings control the fan.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5592 posts
1702 upvotes
Cornwall PE
rvs007 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 10:58 am
Thanks for the post... I've been meaning to find a rack mounted cooling panel for my HT setup so I can cool my AV closet. The AC Infinity CloudPlate T series would be perfect but quite pricey, especially if I am getting two (bottom for intake, top for exhaust). Any alternatives out there besides AC Infinity? I would even opt for something that doesn't have temperature controlled as I could rig up the panels to a smart plug and link it to a temperature sensor inside the AV closet and have SmartThings control the fan.
Something like this https://www.amazon.ca/AC-Infinity-AIRPL ... ity+aircom for $99 also you can get the s9 airplate that can daisy chain off the t9 airplate and be controlled buy the t9. The s9 is only $62 https://www.amazon.ca/AC-Infinity-AIRPL ... IRPLATE+s9
I think you would be hard pressed to make your own setup from scratch for much less money and it is not going to look anywhere as good.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12232 posts
4077 upvotes
Toronto, ON
betamaxman wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 3:11 pm
Something like this https://www.amazon.ca/AC-Infinity-AIRPL ... ity+aircom for $99 also you can get the s9 airplate that can daisy chain off the t9 airplate and be controlled buy the t9. The s9 is only $62 https://www.amazon.ca/AC-Infinity-AIRPL ... IRPLATE+s9
I think you would be hard pressed to make your own setup from scratch for much less money and it is not going to look anywhere as good.
Thanks... that's a good price on the AirPlate S9, but I need something that can fit into a standard 3U AV rack, and it looks like the only thing available are the CloudPlate T9s which are significantly more expensive at $139CAD from Amazon.
Jan 17, 2009
429 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
I have a 4 of the S model fans, with the fan controller and the T10 Front Exhaust rack. It's nice that a company has a product with different exhaust configurations for different setups.
My A/V components are in the closet at the back of the condo and I the only exhaust was from a 1 inch space which made this work perfectly.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B078PQ ... UTF8&psc=1
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2032 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
hshot_rooke wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:40 am
I have a 4 of the S model fans, with the fan controller and the T10 Front Exhaust rack. It's nice that a company has a product with different exhaust configurations for different setups.
My A/V components are in the closet at the back of the condo and I the only exhaust was from a 1 inch space which made this work perfectly.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B078PQ ... UTF8&psc=1
That's exactly the one I'm considering, how loud are the fans when it's doing its job?
Jan 17, 2009
429 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Eluder wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 2:45 pm
That's exactly the one I'm considering, how loud are the fans when it's doing its job?
Eluder, at it's max fan setting, I can definitely hear it in the cabinet. But even if you lower it 1 or 2 notches below max speed, it is almost inaudible.
The S fans I can't hear at all at max.

The only annoyance I have is that once you set the temp threshold, if it hits that threshold, the fans spin up, but I'm not sure where the sensor is on the T10, it's quite sensitive, which is great, but after about 5 seconds, it goes below the threshold and stops...then 5 seconds later, it spins up again, then stops...

So, you get whiiiirrrr....stop for 5 seconds....whirrrrr....stop for 5 seconds....etc.
Going to put the threshold a few degrees higher and see if that helps.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2032 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
So is the S series better than the T series?
Oct 17, 2007
422 posts
63 upvotes
Mississauga
Eluder wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 2:35 pm
So is the S series better than the T series?
The fans/chassis are identical for both, but the T series has a front panel display, and a lot more options in terms of adjusting fan speeds/trigger settings, temperature alerts, etc. It's up to you whether that's worth the price difference. For me, the S series was good enough as a simple cooling solution for my AVR in an enclosed cabinet. I found the highest fan speed audibly distracting, so I set the maximum speed one notch below.

Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2032 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm, ok, I kind of like the extra adjustments of the T series, and it's only a $20 delta b/w the two models.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5592 posts
1702 upvotes
Cornwall PE
For extra ventilation and to not mar the appearance of my cabinet doing so, I used a 2" hole saw and drilled three holes in the bottom of the cabinet where my receiver sits so that the holes are directly below the receiver in the middle between it's feet. This way because there is a 3" gap in the bottom of the cabinet and the floor, air can be pulled up from the floor through the vents in the bottom of the receivers chassis then through the T8 and out of the cabinet through the 5 other 2" holes in the back of the cabinet directly behind the T8. Seems to be working well as the temps for my pioneer vsx 1131 behind glass doors never exceeds 80 f, at least so far.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Jan 17, 2009
429 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Eluder wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 4:35 pm
Hmm, ok, I kind of like the extra adjustments of the T series, and it's only a $20 delta b/w the two models.
The T series racks have the fan adjustments, the S series fans are just plug in USB with a switch to control fan speed and no intelligence.
You can buy the fan controller separately and hook it up to the S series fans though and have the same control as the T series. I have this connected to 4 fans and the front exhaust T series as well.

Here's the link to the fan controller for the S series. The unit comes with a corded temp. sensor so you can place the temp sensor anywhere in your cabinet.
https://www.amazon.ca/AC-Infinity-AI-AT ... controller

It all depends on your cabinet and your usage.
Nov 22, 2017
59 posts
67 upvotes
I am a very big fan, of these fans. I have two of the 7s, with the controller. I may be mistaken, but it seems like they may have added fans that are a bit more on the quiet side than what I bought in 2016. Ignore the absolute mess, but you get get a decent idea of the volume here:

edit: first link uploaded sans audio... ha : https://imgur.com/gallery/pM32Sbj