Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Acer 32 inch 2560x1440 IPS monitor $249.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2021 4:31 pm
Thread Summary
Previous deal: amazon-ca-prime-day-acer-qhd-32-60-hz-i ... 9-2409614/

In the market for a new screen? Take a look at RFD Reviews' list of the best computer monitors!
18 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24360 posts
31264 upvotes
Good value.

I was big on these things in the late 2010s. You can still find my threads.

This specific model is superior.
May 30, 2011
676 posts
239 upvotes
Halifax
I just started putting an office space together but now I sort of want to get a second monitor to use with my MacBook and iPad. 32” seems crazy for an office set up. What would you say is the ideal size and what would be a good price?
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7484 posts
4115 upvotes
Debtario
+1 to the C32q from lenovo, or the Acer ET322QU (same monitor except for speakers and UI differences). That said, I'd take a monitor sold by Amazon over anything from Lenovo. From my own experience and looking at reviews of the OP's monitor, you'll want easy returns in case you get too many dead pixels - that seems to be the common issue with these budget QHD panels.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16799 posts
3309 upvotes
GTA
Avenger wrote: Get the Lenovo eBay deal instead of this, higher refresh rate too.
M1K3Z0R wrote: +1 to the C32q from lenovo, or the Acer ET322QU (same monitor except for speakers and UI differences). That said, I'd take a monitor sold by Amazon over anything from Lenovo. From my own experience and looking at reviews of the OP's monitor, you'll want easy returns in case you get too many dead pixels - that seems to be the common issue with these budget QHD panels.
are you guys talking about this C32q on ebay from lenovo canada for C$279 shipped from the US?
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/333775016271?ha ... SwhTRf4L8o
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16799 posts
3309 upvotes
GTA
Avenger wrote: Yes, because there's an extra 20% off coupon right now.
dang they charge tax on the original pre-coupon amount... so it's really 18% off. still cheaper than the acer though.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1937 posts
1183 upvotes
Great deal. Especially for those who still have the 25% off Amazon Business coupon.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1202 posts
1743 upvotes
Jlmcneil wrote: I just started putting an office space together but now I sort of want to get a second monitor to use with my MacBook and iPad. 32” seems crazy for an office set up. What would you say is the ideal size and what would be a good price?
IMHO 27" is a great "just right" size.

i've worked with 24", 22", 27" and even the 30" Apple monitor.

although in theory the 30" is awesome, i found it a bit impractical from a normal desk setup, because it's so big i actually have to turn my head to see the far edges of the screen (vs just having my eyes move)
Jul 9, 2019
693 posts
2614 upvotes
Jlmcneil wrote: I just started putting an office space together but now I sort of want to get a second monitor to use with my MacBook and iPad. 32” seems crazy for an office set up. What would you say is the ideal size and what would be a good price?
Ideally I would prefer a 24” with 16:10 But those are so hard to get these days with higher resolution.

Next best bet is 27” Wide or 34” Ultra-wide.

27” 4k hits the right spot when it comes to VFM, one can sit really close, pixels per inch would be a lot better than 32” 4k.

Don’t settle on a 2k display as once our eyes get used to MacBooks retina display, it’s very easy to see the difference in a 2k and a 4k display.

For a normal 27” upto $350 is fine, one with USB-C input generally cost $100+ more (major benefit is MacBoook/iPad gets charged by monitor).

If you are not a gamer then go with 27” 4k with high color accuracy. I would recommend Philips 278E at Costco, it drops to 297 from 330 often and is 109% SRB with Vesa mount.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7484 posts
4115 upvotes
Debtario
bizzyseller wrote: Would the Dell Wyse 5470 FHD Laptop be able to use this Acer monitor (as the primary external monitor) at its native resolution which is 2560x1440? Total computer n00b here.

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/wy ... lsrc=aw.ds
Yes. That laptop can output [email protected]
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
May 30, 2011
676 posts
239 upvotes
Halifax
gotglint wrote: IMHO 27" is a great "just right" size.

i've worked with 24", 22", 27" and even the 30" Apple monitor.

although in theory the 30" is awesome, i found it a bit impractical from a normal desk setup, because it's so big i actually have to turn my head to see the far edges of the screen (vs just having my eyes move)
Hahahapxl wrote: Ideally I would prefer a 24” with 16:10 But those are so hard to get these days with higher resolution.

Next best bet is 27” Wide or 34” Ultra-wide.

27” 4k hits the right spot when it comes to VFM, one can sit really close, pixels per inch would be a lot better than 32” 4k.

Don’t settle on a 2k display as once our eyes get used to MacBooks retina display, it’s very easy to see the difference in a 2k and a 4k display.

For a normal 27” upto $350 is fine, one with USB-C input generally cost $100+ more (major benefit is MacBoook/iPad gets charged by monitor).

If you are not a gamer then go with 27” 4k with high color accuracy. I would recommend Philips 278E at Costco, it drops to 297 from 330 often and is 109% SRB with Vesa mount.
Thank you so much to both of you! I have no clue what to look for in a monitor. This gives me a great start.
Nov 24, 2017
80 posts
35 upvotes
CanadaCarlos wrote: What is the coupon code good sir?
Yeah, why even say their is a coupon if you don't give it out. I also have a coupon that is 100% off.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)