Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Acer Nitro Gaming Desktop, Ci5-10400F, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 1650, Windows 10 | 27% Off | $799.99

[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 10, 2004
604 posts
1282 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Acer Nitro Gaming Desktop, Ci5-10400F, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 1650, Windows 10 | 27% Off | $799.99

81bDja4YhgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

  • 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10400F Processor (Up to 4.3GHz)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics with 4GB GDDR5 Video Memory
  • 8GB DDR4 Memory and 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD
  • DTS: X Ultra
  • Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz featuring 2x2 MU-MIMO technology (Max Speed up to 2.4Gbps)

-Callahan-

NOTE: This was a better Deal on Nov 3 when it hit $780. Still a great Deal for low-end gamer system. This deal sells out quickly.
Thread Summary
**** UWOD2020 points out that they received a further discount, as the Amazon page indicates that this system comes with a DVD-RW when it did not!
20 replies
Sr. Member
Mar 12, 2016
837 posts
1280 upvotes
Tip: description says it includes dvd-rw, it does not. I got $50 off after arrival last sale, brought it to 650

Good luck!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
12722 posts
21944 upvotes
UWOD2020 wrote: Tip: description says it includes dvd-rw, it does not. I got $50 off after arrival last sale, brought it to 650

Good luck!
What kind of power supply in these?
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 10, 2004
604 posts
1282 upvotes
Toronto
2020-12-07_09-28.png


Interesting, I missed this. Too late for me now. UWOD2020 got an extra $50 off for this Error!

-Callahan-
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 4, 2004
9663 posts
2307 upvotes
Montreal
Wish the ram was more, but if you check one of the reviews, the components are pretty high quality (in addition to what you wrote above):
The hard drive is Western Digital Blue M.2
The RAM is a single stick of Samsung DDR4 2666 (easy upgrade)
The Wi-Fi/Ethernet/Bluetooth adapter - Intel AX201NGW (not "constant disconnecting" RealTek).
Sr. Member
Jun 19, 2017
644 posts
1177 upvotes
Canada
Nice price! Concerned about the specs though.

Could this run Minesweeper in 4K?
Newbie
Sep 3, 2008
72 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
harold_callahan wrote: 81bDja4YhgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg


  • 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10400F Processor (Up to 4.3GHz)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics with 4GB GDDR5 Video Memory
  • 8GB DDR4 Memory and 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD
  • DTS: X Ultra
  • Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz featuring 2x2 MU-MIMO technology (Max Speed up to 2.4Gbps)

-Callahan-

NOTE: This was a better Deal on Nov 3 when it hit $780. Still a great Deal for low-end gamer system. This deal sells out quickly.
If buying strictly for gaming, I'd recommend a ps5/ series x at this price point.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1032 posts
170 upvotes
isn't gtx 1650 behind rx 570?! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

oh crap, true, just read a review

"But if you’re just building a regular PC and want the best speeds for the least amount of money, then the RX 570 has the GTX 1650 beaten hands down"
Jr. Member
Dec 30, 2016
117 posts
21 upvotes
GTA
mmafighter wrote: If buying strictly for gaming, I'd recommend a ps5/ series x at this price point.
I am thinking about upgrading my video card but think it will be more cost effective to get Series S instead of getting 1660 super.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
1619 posts
357 upvotes
I think I got the same one when they had a price error for 640$. The pc is not bad, been playing overwatch and Valorant on max settings and the temp on both are in the 75c, no drop on frame rate. Running Med settings @ 60fps on warzone aswell. The power supply is 500w and I did confirm that with their tech. Only problem is with the ram, you need to get a specific type to match it with the current 2666, not all 2666 are compatible.
No links or solicitations through sigs
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2017
998 posts
1080 upvotes
emjhay wrote: I think I got the same one when they had a price error for 640$. The pc is not bad, been playing overwatch and Valorant on max settings and the temp on both are in the 75c, no drop on frame rate. Running Med settings @ 60fps on warzone aswell. The power supply is 500w and I did confirm that with their tech. Only problem is with the ram, you need to get a specific type to match it with the current 2666, not all 2666 are compatible.
Can you specify the one that is compatible with this 2666 RAM please?
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2017
998 posts
1080 upvotes
Damn! Amazon has already shipped this computer. It's via Canada Post so it will be here by the end of the year. I'm still waiting for my Black Friday orders that are coming from Canada Post.
Member
Nov 15, 2016
307 posts
116 upvotes
QC
Note adding a hard drive is a bit tricky
They use this small blue pins to keep the hard drive in the drive bay
but its a challenge to get the pins to stay when you add the bracket
without the bracket the pins stay in the drive but it seems like the bracket is to thick
Newbie
Sep 3, 2008
72 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
nightshiftcrawler wrote: I am thinking about upgrading my video card but think it will be more cost effective to get Series S instead of getting 1660 super.
I'd recommend paying 100 more for a ps5 digital. Quite a big difference in performance.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1849 posts
1406 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote: Can you specify the one that is compatible with this 2666 RAM please?
m378a1k43cb2-crc

Top