Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Acer Predator Triton 700 Acer PT715-51-761M, Limited Stock $1173.36

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2020 5:00 pm
[OP]
Apr 23, 2011
914 posts
259 upvotes
Newcastle

[Amazon.ca] Acer Predator Triton 700 Acer PT715-51-761M, Limited Stock $1173.36

Fantastic price for a premium-built laptop. I have the 1080 version and for normal use the 1060 will save you battery life with optimus. Sold directly through amazon, free shipping. 2 Available at time of posting. Thin super rigid, full aluminum chassis. IPS Panel with decent colour accuracy. Mechanical keyboard, full size number pad.

Yes the specs are aging, but honestly this is extremely well built. Was Acer's previous flagship. And its a laptop with Raid0

7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor (Up to 3.8GHz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) LED-backlit IPS Display
16GB DDR4 Memory & 512GB PCIe SSD in RAID 0 configuration
Dual All-Metal Aero Blade 3D Fans with 5 Heat Pipes

Your text to link here...
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 19th, 2020 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
13 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2038 posts
2652 upvotes
TORONTO
Terrible price for a 7700hq + 1060.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
[OP]
Apr 23, 2011
914 posts
259 upvotes
Newcastle
hansdoreen wrote: Terrible price for a 7700hq + 1060.
Can you find something comparably built at a reasonable price? I have daily-used mine for a year with 0 complaints, and the build quality is better than the Razer blades (comparable thin-light). Less than an inch thick, under 5lbs.
Jul 22, 2015
855 posts
1768 upvotes
Toronto, ON
In November I got basically the same thing with 144screen for $1,007 from Amazon.
May 16, 2010
199 posts
214 upvotes
For the price, I rather have this deal (I know this was black friday deal, but again 3 months ago). GTX 1060 mobile came out in 2016 and while there hasn't been a ground breaking generation leap from 10 to 20 series, it is struggling to run the latest AAA like Control, Metro Exodus, RDR2 etc. But the deal breaker was the touchpad for me. I had 1080 max-Q version of this and had to return within a week because of it.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2038 posts
2652 upvotes
TORONTO
Suede wrote: Can you find something comparably built at a reasonable price? I have daily-used mine for a year with 0 complaints, and the build quality is better than the Razer blades (comparable thin-light). Less than an inch thick, under 5lbs.
There are quite a few better built at reasonable prices, just not at this exact moment. Please don't ask me for a time machine. Especially not for electronics. It's always going to much better and cheaper. If one doesn't have to have it now, always buy later.

As you're trying to justify the price through built quality, I have to apologize that I don't have hands on experience with this particular model. Maybe it's top notch build quality as the other premium brands/models. I just find it hard to justify buying a 3-4 years old quad core 7700hq with 1060 for close to 1200$+tax at the moment.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
[OP]
Apr 23, 2011
914 posts
259 upvotes
Newcastle
hansdoreen wrote: There are quite a few better built at reasonable prices, just not at this exact moment. Please don't ask me for a time machine. Especially not for electronics. It's always going to much better and cheaper. If one doesn't have to have it now, always buy later.

As you're trying to justify the price through built quality, I have to apologize that I don't have hands on experience with this particular model. Maybe it's top notch build quality as the other premium brands/models. I just find it hard to justify buying a 3-4 years old quad core 7700hq with 1060 for close to 1200$+tax at the moment.
Thank you, fair response.
Jun 7, 2017
164 posts
154 upvotes
"16GB DDR4 Memory & 512GB PCIe SSD in RAID 0 configuration"
Huh? Do they mean 2x256 PCIe's in Raid 0?
[OP]
Apr 23, 2011
914 posts
259 upvotes
Newcastle
DavidA511606 wrote: "16GB DDR4 Memory & 512GB PCIe SSD in RAID 0 configuration"
Huh? Do they mean 2x256 PCIe's in Raid 0?
Yes they do, not sure why its worded that way.
[OP]
Apr 23, 2011
914 posts
259 upvotes
Newcastle
Thought it was good deal. Sorry all!
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3312 posts
923 upvotes
Calgary
Suede wrote: Thought it was good deal. Sorry all!
It probably was when you bought it a year ago. Not so much today.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5302 posts
3765 upvotes
Vancouver
If you like the body/screen, this is a good deal given that is likely better quality than other laptops in this range. You do give up some CPU performance (tho nothing major) given most other laptops around this price range will have a 9750 instead of 7750. The difference isn't big. There is a chance if you manage to find a sale that a 1660/2060 model drops close to this price range, which would give you better GPU performance so that is something to consider.

Of course if you just look at specs, the Y540 at microsoft store actually comes close to it (CPU/GPU performance, since the rest arent tough to upgrade if you so desire) and was much cheaper on black friday.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/lenov ... verviewtab

($899 on black friday last year, no idea if it repeated at that price, the specs were a bit too low for me but the deal but it was probably the hottest entry gaming laptop deal last year).
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1356 posts
599 upvotes
Brandon
Paigne wrote: If you like the body/screen, this is a good deal given that is likely better quality than other laptops in this range. You do give up some CPU performance (tho nothing major) given most other laptops around this price range will have a 9750 instead of 7750. The difference isn't big. There is a chance if you manage to find a sale that a 1660/2060 model drops close to this price range, which would give you better GPU performance so that is something to consider.

Of course if you just look at specs, the Y540 at microsoft store actually comes close to it (CPU/GPU performance, since the rest arent tough to upgrade if you so desire) and was much cheaper on black friday.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/lenov ... verviewtab

($899 on black friday last year, no idea if it repeated at that price, the specs were a bit too low for me but the deal but it was probably the hottest entry gaming laptop deal last year).
I took advantage of that deal last Black Friday. So far I am happy with it despite being entry level gaming...