• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2020 9:59 pm
[OP]
Banned
Dec 29, 2019
55 posts
11 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] AcuRite 00589 Pro Color Weather Station with Wind Speed

AcuRite 00589 Pro Color Weather Station with Wind Speed, Temperature and Humidity
Was: CDN$ 134.03
Price: CDN$ 121.13 & FREE Shipping
You Save: CDN$ 12.90 (10%)

High-precision 3-in-1 wireless weather sensor accurately measures the temperature, humidity and wind speed
Daily, monthly and all-time high and low records
History chart displays temperature, wind speed and barometric pressure trends over last 12 hours
Illuminated color display with adjustable dimmer; electric-powered with optional battery backup
Easy setup and mounting. Accuracy for temperature is +/-2%, for humidity it’s +/-3 to +/-5%, and forecast accuracy is 70% to 75%
Images
  • Screenshot_1.png
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 12th, 2020 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated to Amazon Canada
21 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3673 posts
2259 upvotes
Ontario
What does Color mean because that is a fake color display lmao. Just black and white with colored lit up backgrounds.
---
Jan 22, 2007
203 posts
52 upvotes
Calgary
Looks decently priced for a weather station, but I would never buy an AcuRite product again... The one I had wasn't as fancy but the screen was terrible, needed to be looking at it from a very specific angle to ever have the possibility of reading it. Garbage.
May 15, 2012
132 posts
59 upvotes
Surrey
I have this one. The previous home owner left it installed. It's been 3.5 yrs and the battery hasn't ran out yet.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9316 posts
2095 upvotes
Toronto
This looks very similar to the one I got at costco for 20$ years back! It's still working.

bajemail wrote: Do you know which one Costco is selling? I just need a cheap unit for checking humidity in the room.
If you need to check humidity in the room just get a digital hygrometer.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2249 posts
750 upvotes
Mississauga
aximrocks wrote: looks the same as the one Costco is selling for $29. I got one for $19 on clearance years ago. Here is an old thread

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-a ... #p20476161
Yes I got that years ago . Worked for a bit .. I had it on the fence and the squirrels broke the wind vanes..and the replacement was more expensive than $20 .. so just had to toss it.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
4486 posts
23362 upvotes
Montreal
This is what got me stated in covering the clearance deals at Costco...picked it up back then for 20$
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3625 posts
3718 upvotes
Vancouver
This is not a very good price, but the cheapest ones other people have mentioned don't have the remote wind speed measurement. Not that it's very accurate.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2781 posts
2570 upvotes
GTA
Got one from Costco a few years ago for $30 on clearance. Regular price was $40 or $50.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6534 posts
2852 upvotes
Moncton, NB
bajemail wrote: Do you know which one Costco is selling? I just need a cheap unit for checking humidity in the room.
It seem like every year costco comes out with a different model in the $30 price range. They should be getting their summer stock soon so keep and eye out and it should show up at all costco location :)
Nov 5, 2018
278 posts
214 upvotes
probably the best weather system I've deployed at my home facility. Electric Light Bulb
Jul 8, 2019
1 posts
I will never buy any product from this company after what they did to their customers with the smart hubs. They were selling smart hubs as part of their weather stations package for online connection and after they sold out all the stock, they cut them off of server basically bricked them as they became useless piece of hardware, because 'We no longer support them and if you want the feature your just paid for you have to buy new hardware' Seriously F them!