Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] ADD-ON ITEM Snow Joe Edge Ice Scraper with Brass Blade $4.99 now $2.99 40% off

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2019 2:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50618 posts
15415 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] ADD-ON ITEM Snow Joe Edge Ice Scraper with Brass Blade $4.99 now $2.99 40% off

Mixed review but as a True Canadian, I've always wanted to test a brass blade ice scraper out.

Perfect filler item (or even stocking stuffer) during the Air Miles Shop the Block airmilesshops.ca promotion :) NOTE: Shows up as Lawn & Patio in my invoice; Automotive Supplies excluded from the Air Miles Shop the Block promotion so I didn't include the amount for these scrapers when I was trying to meet the $100 requirement.

https://www.amazon.ca/Snow-Joe-SJEG01-S ... 00GO46L54/

Effectively removes frost and ice from car windows and windshields
Durable brass blade will not scratch glass
Easy grip handle makes ice removal effortless
Compact and Lightweight
Stores conveniently in glove compartment

Lowes has got it for the same price (typical amazon sneakiness):
https://www.lowes.ca/ice-scrapers/snow- ... 51116.html
Last edited by alanbrenton on Feb 1st, 2019 10:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
59 replies
Jun 16, 2007
779 posts
214 upvotes
Are the rumors true about this blade that the brass will bend after a single use?
Nov 1, 2012
215 posts
160 upvotes
Markham
Furtive wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 10:33 am
Are the rumors true about this blade that the brass will bend after a single use?
Brass is definitely a soft metal. I'd be weary of it accidentally bending at a corner. Would mean certain disaster for your windows on the next scrape.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2542 posts
743 upvotes
Kingston
Or do what RFDers do and use a credit card!
Aug 9, 2010
431 posts
258 upvotes
Not sure why you'd ever want to use a metal scraper to scrape ice off your windows or even use it anywhere near your car for that matter. Plastic scrapers are durable and pretty darn foolproof.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12101 posts
22410 upvotes
Scarborough
Absolutely love these brass blade scrapers. I've been using them for a few years now and they do a great job. I bought a 6-pack from a different brand almost 3 years ago and I'm only onto my 2nd scraper.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50618 posts
15415 upvotes
https://nearsay.com/c/238610/22574/5-ic ... eld-repair

Stick to Plastic When Possible: Never scrape your auto glass with anything other than plastic. Some people are tempted to use a kitchen spatula as a substitute scraper, but such materials will almost certainly damage a windshield. If you don’t have a plastic scraper on hand, an expired credit card is the next best thing.

Use Brass Scrapers on Tough Ice: Most metals will scratch your windshield, but there is an exception. The only time it’s safe to use metal is if you use a specially designed brass scraper for heavy ice and frost. Brass is softer than other metals but gives you the extra strength you need to deal with thicker ice layers while avoiding windshield repair.
May 20, 2018
181 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I bought this , it was great to remove the ice from the windshield as long as your protect the brass edge. I accidentally dropped the tool once and the brass was slightly damaged , i couldnt use this anymore .

It works untill you drop it or treat it bad...
Once a petrohead always one ..
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50618 posts
15415 upvotes
JC69 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 10:48 am
Or do what RFDers do and use a credit card!
I heard you don't have to pay the outstanding balance once the credit card gets damaged.

jk of course
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6225 posts
883 upvotes
I used a brass edge scraper on my windshields many years ago. Got it from Can Tire. It worked great - vastly superior to any plastic scraper. It never scratched any windshield I used it on.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50618 posts
15415 upvotes
Worked well clearing this morning's frost.

I find it works better in downward than sideway motion. My windshield looked like a checker board. :)
Dec 28, 2011
483 posts
407 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Came in last night and woke up to a iced car. This works much better than plastic for sure. Thanks OP.

That said, this is not a deal. Outside of one spike where Amazon sold this at 13.99 for a few days, it's always this price (it has been for the last 2+ months). Amazon has gotten really sketchy with how it does 'deals'.

Last edited by ExplodingFist on Dec 5th, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Dec 28, 2008
2453 posts
3321 upvotes
Langley, BC
park inside and you wont need this in the morning :P
Mar 2, 2008
786 posts
840 upvotes
BC
TomRFD wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 10:53 am
I bought a 6-pack from a different brand almost 3 years ago and I'm only onto my 2nd scraper.
Only onto your 2nd after 3 years? I wouldn't consider that a plus. I've had the same plastic scraper for over 20 years. I've gone through 6 different vehicles in that time.

Plastic FTW
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12101 posts
22410 upvotes
Scarborough
brghunter wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 10:04 am
Only onto your 2nd after 3 years? I wouldn't consider that a plus. I've had the same plastic scraper for over 20 years. I've gone through 6 different vehicles in that time.

Plastic FTW
The way I (mis)treat mine I'd consider that good. My plastic bladed ones always got dented easily and were basically useless after that. They also never scraped nearly as well.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].