856 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon Canada] (Add-on Item) - THERMOS 24 Ounce Tritan Hydration - $9.99

This is pretty good. It is made from BPA-free material
27 replies
Dec 19, 2016
213 posts
178 upvotes
Was just about to post this. Price alerts are a god-send for beating the RFD effect sometimes :)
Dec 25, 2012
647 posts
336 upvotes
Kingston
Stainless steel insulated bottles for me only. BPA free or not, I don’t trust plastics.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3422 posts
2180 upvotes
Toronto
nuxper wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 6:56 pm
Stainless steel insulated bottles for me only. BPA free or not, I don’t trust plastics.
Okay?
FreezingCanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2015 5:41 pm
We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Dec 15, 2006
371 posts
27 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I have one of these and they ARE great. Dishwasher safe + they have this twisty thing on the cap that you can rotate (#1 thru #6) to indicate how many bottles youve had to drink. I now have no problem drinking my 8-10 glasses of water per day (3 fills)
Dec 28, 2014
55 posts
92 upvotes
Barrie
This is a great bottle. I bought it from Canadian Tire probably 10 years ago and it lasted 7-8 years. One thing to be mindful of is the rubber part in the lid. Remove it completely and thoroughly wash it every so often or mould will build up. Other than that, solid water bottle.
Aug 6, 2010
51 posts
42 upvotes
Oakville
CoolDudeClan wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 6:57 pm
Okay?
In defense of the dude, a study last year showed the alternatives used for BPA can have as detrimental effects as BPA. This study was conducted by the same group that showed BPA is harmful. IIRC they cause ovarian cancer in mice.

Don't quote me on this as I'm playing off memory.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3422 posts
2180 upvotes
Toronto
sajeesh wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 7:04 pm
In defense of the dude, a study last year showed the alternatives used for BPA can have as detrimental effects as BPA. This study was conducted by the same group that showed BPA is harmful. IIRC they cause ovarian cancer in mice.

Don't quote me on this as I'm playing off memory.
I am not debating the health of plastic, just that they felt the need to come to a deal they aren't interested in to state their personal opinion. No one asked.
FreezingCanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2015 5:41 pm
We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8678 posts
3079 upvotes
Toronto
CoolDudeClan wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 7:10 pm
I am not debating the health of plastic, just that they felt the need to come to a deal they aren't interested in to state their personal opinion. No one asked.
one of the selling points of this bottle is the fact that "It is made from BPA-free material". his response was on point and applicable. i too came into this thread wondering what this was made of.
plastic, bpa free or not, is a no go for me as well.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Nov 22, 2012
616 posts
350 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 12:23 pm
one of the selling points of this bottle is the fact that "It is made from BPA-free material". his response was on point and applicable. i too came into this thread wondering what this was made of.
plastic, bpa free or not, is a no go for me as well.
I think people are quite naive.

Let's avoid plastics but we'll just sip from this Starbucks, McDonald's, Tim Hortons, insert a multitude of other options, drink cups.

How does your shampoo and a million other items come packaged?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2002
1517 posts
508 upvotes
Shows as OOS, but still taking orders...Thanks OP.
What dancing banana ?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8678 posts
3079 upvotes
Toronto
b31770 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 12:53 pm
I think people are quite naive.

Let's avoid plastics but we'll just sip from this Starbucks, McDonald's, Tim Hortons, insert a multitude of other options, drink cups.

How does your shampoo and a million other items come packaged?
once i start drinking from my plastic shampoo bottle i'll get back to you
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1873 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
nuxper wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 6:56 pm
That is dumb and uneducated. Plastic is safe. Stainless steel bottles frequently contain lead in them so you've most likely been poisoning yourself with heavy metals:

https://www.collective-evolution.com/20 ... ours-safe/
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1456 posts
186 upvotes
Great bottle, and reliable and secure cap to prevent leaks in my gym bag.

Great price too.