Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Adidas Adilette BOOST slides ONLY SIZE 6M/8W!!! $39.90

  • Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2020 8:16 pm
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 3, 2006
5406 posts
1756 upvotes
DFS 360 wrote: If this is your first pair of boosts, be prepared for disappointment. I have about 30 pairs of boosts- varying ultraboosts, Yeezys, inikis, NMDs, etc and these boost slides feel like walking in cardboard for some reason. They should have been the most comfortable slides ever. They aren’t. They have no squish or cushioning. The edges feel squishy but the footbed boost is paper thin. The sole is too solid and doesn’t let the boost spread out. There is a thin fiber liner that feels bad in bare feet. Like, all they had to do was put an inch of boost and a strap but they somehow messed it up.
Thanks, I was about to pull the trigger, but the first review, and the two in here have turned me off. I'm all about that squish life. I have three pairs of inikis, two nmd's, and two UB...gotta get my squish on.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 4, 2006
2831 posts
730 upvotes
DFS 360 wrote: If this is your first pair of boosts, be prepared for disappointment. I have about 30 pairs of boosts- varying ultraboosts, Yeezys, inikis, NMDs, etc and these boost slides feel like walking in cardboard for some reason. They should have been the most comfortable slides ever. They aren’t. They have no squish or cushioning. The edges feel squishy but the footbed boost is paper thin. The sole is too solid and doesn’t let the boost spread out. There is a thin fiber liner that feels bad in bare feet. Like, all they had to do was put an inch of boost and a strap but they somehow messed it up.
i think you meant, 'if this is your first pair of boosts, you wont be disappointed'... disappointment would require someone to have previous experience with boost :)
Member
User avatar
Sep 18, 2017
243 posts
162 upvotes
GVRD
yeti13 wrote: $45 for a Styrofoam sandal...oh boy.

I kid. I have boost sneakers and they feel great but this is kinda ridiculous.
Same goes for Nike Air Max sandals/slides.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
10865 posts
5978 upvotes
Markham
"Slides" are the new Crocs which I still have and wear. Why are these so expensive?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 9, 2006
1970 posts
341 upvotes
Waterloo
chamcent wrote: Thanks OP! Don’t need more slides but I’ll give these a try to see what the Boost hype is about.
You should get a pair of UltraBoosts if you want to see what the hype is about.
| Fractal Design Meshify C | LG 27GL850 (2) | AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | MSI Gaming X Radeon 5700XT | 16GB G.SKill Trident Z RGB | ASUS ROG Strix B450 | XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe | Razer BlackWidow Elite | Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed |
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
2652 posts
3562 upvotes
BC
torontoraptor wrote: You should get a pair of UltraBoosts if you want to see what the hype is about.
I'd recommend pure boost/iniki's for those who want to get their boost on but don't want to spend $150-$250. Can find them for <$100 and they're probably 80-90% the comfort of UBs. Iniki's are my favorite design wise.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2009
1034 posts
293 upvotes
Vancouver
yeti13 wrote: $45 for a Styrofoam sandal...oh boy.

I kid. I have boost sneakers and they feel great but this is kinda ridiculous.
It's really not. Boost is expensive and took a lot of money to develop. With these slides, you're getting the most expensive part of the shoe, which is the boost midsole. It's far more ridiculous to pay another $100, on top of this, for the cloth upper in the ultra boost.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2009
1034 posts
293 upvotes
Vancouver
peakingduck wrote: I'd recommend pure boost/iniki's for those who want to get their boost on but don't want to spend $150-$250. Can find them for <$100 and they're probably 80-90% the comfort of UBs. Iniki's are my favorite design wise.
During Adidas sales, you can get UBs for under $100. I've found pairs at Winners for $65.

Iniki's, now called "5923", are definitely a cool looking shoe.

Pure Boost and 5923s don't quite have the comfort that UBs do. I agree during regular circumstances, where the price disparity is large, it may not be worth it for the UB, unless you plan to do actual running in them. However, I'd recommend waiting for the big sales and picking up a pair of UBs then.
Member
Jun 18, 2015
207 posts
183 upvotes
blankall wrote: Iniki's, now called "5923", are definitely a cool looking shoe.
I have four, paid in the $40-50 range for all of them. They're good retro-style sneakers with boost. Not quite as comfy as UB (or the eqt support ultra, which is the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn) but still very nice. The only real note of caution is they have a roomy toe box and the ones that use a really thin/stretchy material your foot will rise off the footbed each time you lift it as a result, which can take some getting used to (tho the ones that use a thicker material it's not an issue).
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 3, 2006
5406 posts
1756 upvotes
blankall wrote: During Adidas sales, you can get UBs for under $100. I've found pairs at Winners for $65.

Iniki's, now called "5923", are definitely a cool looking shoe.

Pure Boost and 5923s don't quite have the comfort that UBs do. I agree during regular circumstances, where the price disparity is large, it may not be worth it for the UB, unless you plan to do actual running in them. However, I'd recommend waiting for the big sales and picking up a pair of UBs then.
UB's at Winners?? Oh man...like I needed another reason to keep going Winners lol. How were the colorways?
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 11, 2009
569 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto
deezz wrote: UB's at Winners?? Oh man...like I needed another reason to keep going Winners lol. How were the colorways?
My SO got the youth/girls UB4 (pink colourway) for $69? Basically the same shoe as the adults and adults don't have this pink colourway lol
they don't always have UBs

Top