[Amazon.ca] Aerogarden grow sponges $28.84

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2020 3:48 pm
[OP]
Jul 5, 2018
12 posts
16 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Aerogarden grow sponges $28.84

For anyone who owns an aerogarden, the sponges are on sale. Not sure if this is a good deal or not but I bought some.

https://www.amazon.ca/Miracle-Gro-AeroG ... 011&sr=8-7
Last edited by TomRFD on May 27th, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
21 replies
Mar 18, 2012
67 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary
I was happy to see that these had decreased in price finally! I also noticed this other kit which includes 70 seed sponges plus a small bottle of the food for $32.
[OP]
Jul 5, 2018
12 posts
16 upvotes
aljudeh wrote: do you need to have these in the pods to grow every time? if so, how is the ongoing cost owning Aerogarden?
Yeah you need the pods , they're usually reusable I think.
Jun 1, 2019
29 posts
16 upvotes
I'm looking for an aerogarden. Anyone know any sales on right now?
Sep 10, 2008
652 posts
147 upvotes
dirkdigglr wrote: I'm looking for an aerogarden. Anyone know any sales on right now?
I got the harvest slim for $99 a week ago, you might want to check your local costco for stock.

Here is the hot deal link
Mar 26, 2011
12 posts
9 upvotes
London
The 70 “seed starter system sponges" are for $32. The "grow sponges" by OP are about $28. These two are a bit different. I see from a review on seed starter system that they are a bit longer than the grow sponges but fit in the plastic baskets. I do not know why these are differently labeled
Jan 22, 2015
311 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You can recycle the old pods by carefully cutting them or gently pulling out the previous Seedlings in true RFD style but time and risk mskes the refills a better option for sure.
aljudeh wrote: do you need to have these in the pods to grow every time? if so, how is the ongoing cost owning Aerogarden?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7397 posts
2430 upvotes
caroferris1 wrote: I was happy to see that these had decreased in price finally! I also noticed this other kit which includes 70 seed sponges plus a small bottle of the food for $32.
shawnie53 wrote: $5 more for an extra 20 sponges and fertilizer. Thanks Op!
AeroGarden Seed Starter Refill Pack https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0015MNIN8/ref ... ZEbF4THQAY
shriap wrote: The 70 “seed starter system sponges" are for $32. The "grow sponges" by OP are about $28. These two are a bit different. I see from a review on seed starter system that they are a bit longer than the grow sponges but fit in the plastic baskets. I do not know why these are differently labeled
Unless you're using the seed starter system, spend a bit of extra money and buy the 50 pack. I made the mistake of buying the 70 pack in December and have realized that these are two completely different products. The seed starter sponges are significantly smaller resulting in algae buildup since the sponge does not completely fill the pod. Half of my seeds failed when using the smaller sponges due to algae buildup. I bought the 50 pack a couple of days ago when I saw that it was on sale on Amazon.
Nov 15, 2018
11 posts
23 upvotes
newcan wrote: You can recycle the old pods by carefully cutting them or gently pulling out the previous Seedlings in true RFD style but time and risk mskes the refills a better option for sure.
I was able to reuse the plastic pods once or twice but you do have to sacrifice a lot of roots in order to do so. I've just planted the entire pod into soil after
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
3953 posts
1778 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone ever use Rapid Rooters in the system?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1057 posts
288 upvotes
LNahid2000 wrote: Unless you're using the seed starter system, spend a bit of extra money and buy the 50 pack. I made the mistake of buying the 70 pack in December and have realized that these are two completely different products. The seed starter sponges are significantly smaller resulting in algae buildup since the sponge does not completely fill the pod. Half of my seeds failed when using the smaller sponges due to algae buildup. I bought the 50 pack a couple of days ago when I saw that it was on sale on Amazon.
On amazon reviews, even people with this 50 grow set have same problems
Mar 2, 2015
76 posts
89 upvotes
Montreal, QC
LNahid2000 wrote: Unless you're using the seed starter system, spend a bit of extra money and buy the 50 pack. I made the mistake of buying the 70 pack in December and have realized that these are two completely different products. The seed starter sponges are significantly smaller resulting in algae buildup since the sponge does not completely fill the pod. Half of my seeds failed when using the smaller sponges due to algae buildup. I bought the 50 pack a couple of days ago when I saw that it was on sale on Amazon.
I have not seen that. I know what you mean, but the 70 sponge order fills the pod completely. Only thing missing is the green AeroCarden 'doughnut' plastic seal on the top, but apart from higher evaporation rates, is there any issue with leaving that out?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)