Dec 3, 2010
2606 posts
1317 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Ahmad loose leaf tea for $8

https://www.amazon.ca/AHMAD-Aromatic-Ea ... 00GRS0C0M/ Earl Grey
https://www.amazon.ca/AHMAD-Ceylon-Spec ... 00GRS05FO/ Special Blend
https://www.amazon.ca/AHMAD-Green-Tea-L ... 00KK3VWZ4/ 250g Green Tea

You can typically find this tea in your local grocery store but for those who don't have it around, this is not a bad cheap tea to have. Albeit I recall not really enjoying the special blend but earl grey is good. Not twinnings level of great but it is a single step below it in my useless opinion. I haven't tried the green tea.
15 replies
Jun 6, 2009
22 posts
25 upvotes
Please note that the cardamom version is not real cardamom, they just putting the flavoring which could be just chemicals.
simplylgg wrote: This is my everyday tea. I always buy them in ethnic stores or even food basics in Toronto for the same price. I like the Cardamom version the most but not sure why that one is so much more expensive on Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/AHMAD-Cardamom-Te ... 49&sr=8-15
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
2076 posts
635 upvotes
gettoday wrote: Please note that the cardamom version is not real cardamom, they just putting the flavoring which could be just chemicals.
Are you sure? Thanks for the tip. We sometimes add a bit of a cardamom powder to the tea pot when is brewing. That is awesome.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2606 posts
1317 upvotes
Toronto
simplylgg wrote: Are you sure? Thanks for the tip. We sometimes add a bit of a cardamom powder to the tea pot when is brewing. That is awesome.
I bought it and I honestly tasted no cardamom at all. There was a hint of it in the scent coming from the dry leaves. I don't know if that was your experience too
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5136 posts
7233 upvotes
Vancouver
gettoday wrote: Please note that the cardamom version is not real cardamom, they just putting the flavoring which could be just chemicals.
Source??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Nov 24, 2016
669 posts
958 upvotes
As far as I know, cardamom is super expensive. I think it's the third most expensive spice after saffron and vanilla.
Growing up we would just brew tea with cardamom seeds. You can find them in ethnic stores. I'm running out myself.
Nov 14, 2017
2 posts
We coarsely grind cardamom pods in a magic bullet and store it in a jar. Add to tea when brewing. Really enhances the flavor compared to just adding the pods whole.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2420 posts
846 upvotes
dealo'day wrote:
You can typically find this tea in your local grocery store but for those who don't have it around, this is not a bad cheap tea to have. Albeit I recall not really enjoying the special blend but earl grey is good. Not twinnings level of great but it is a single step below it in my useless opinion. I haven't tried the green tea.
Indeed you can at Superstore. Why then promote Amazon? They are big enough of a retailer and it is a waste of carbon emission (shipping for such an insignificant savings).
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1025 posts
1404 upvotes
Ontario
Is there any good quality green or black teas on Amazon?(preferably in bulk or a big amount)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1819 posts
569 upvotes
Since people are talking about Cardamom.

I buy this tea, GeeBees, Cardamom Chai, get 10 sachets 220g for $5.99 at Asian grocery store. Add 200ml of water. Amazon $16.99 is overinflated. I think this packets come sweetened or unsweetened depend on your choice.

https://www.amazon.ca/GeeBees-Cardamom- ... B0070EG06W

We usually go with Wagh Bakri Tea but recently we changed it to Surati Premium Assam Tea at No frill about $8 or so for 2 lbs.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5136 posts
7233 upvotes
Vancouver
6060842 wrote: Maybe, if you look hard. The problem is there is no way of knowing how old the stock is. Tea has a limited shelf life before it goes flat or tastes stale and flavourless. ( I would be a bit suspicious that anything they are clearing out at sale prices on Amazon is likely to be stock that is approaching or has reached it's shelf life. It may be ok but a fresher version of the same tea is going to have a more robust flavour). Better to find a local tea shop to do business or use a reputable online shop. I would stay away from bagged teas if quality is what you're after. Bagged teas use inferior quality leaves. The grade used for bags ranges from broken pieces & stems to dust grade.
I got Ahmad's Earl Grey from Amazon over month ago. Packaged in May 2020, Expiry May 2023. [Need bagged tea for work... otherwise I fully agree.]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9064 posts
3657 upvotes
Toronto
I tried the Ahmad earl grey tea in bags. Not very good, weak like Twinnings. Stash, Bigelow, or Higgins & Burke are all better.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2606 posts
1317 upvotes
Toronto
Jimbo67 wrote: Is there any good quality green or black teas on Amazon?(preferably in bulk or a big amount)
Stash is quite popular, you can get many of their teas in a box of 100
There is also Vahdam but you'll be paying a pretty penny
Arrgh wrote: I tried the Ahmad earl grey tea in bags. Not very good, weak like Twinnings. Stash, Bigelow, or Higgins & Burke are all better.
\
Have you tried Stash's double bergamot? Thoughts?
andreid wrote: Indeed you can at Superstore. Why then promote Amazon? They are big enough of a retailer and it is a waste of carbon emission (shipping for such an insignificant savings).
I looked it up on their RCSS site and didn't see it there. Had I known, I would've bought it there instead. It's not even on their site. Some stated it was but it's not under brands nor can it be searched
I get "We were unable to find results for "AHMAD TEA""
Aug 13, 2008
461 posts
57 upvotes
Jimbo67 wrote: Is there any good quality green or black teas on Amazon?(preferably in bulk or a big amount)
For organic teas. I have use Davidson's bulk teas or YUPIK . Reasonable price / quality ( not fine quality).
For non- organic ' Vadham teas"-
for all 3 leaves are 2nd grade ( not full, mix of broken and full).

Numi, Eco Echo and Tea Forte are pricier, + a hit / miss for quality.
Cheers