Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] AIKUN GX920-Full Mechanical Keyboard with RGB, 2 USB Passthrough and Replaceable switches - $56

[OP]
Apr 29, 2018
968 posts
573 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] AIKUN GX920-Full Mechanical Keyboard with RGB, 2 USB Passthrough and Replaceable switches - $56

Looks like a great keyboard to me. The reviews seem to be genuine and there is a video in the reviews which shows off the Lighting effects of the Keyboard. Also in grey here - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B077C15FRJ

The best part of this is the replaceable switches specially for those, like me, who want a quiet keyboard. Found some Aliaz silent switches here - https://kbdfans.com/products/pre-ordera ... ch-tactile - to replace the standard Blue ones. They are much quieter and have a deeper sound, than the MX series. Here are some videos on these switches

- aliaz silent switch vs gateron black
- Zilent v2, Aliaz, Gateron
- Cherry MX Brown vs Aliaz 70

Overall, from what I can find, this is the cheapest option for a DIY Full Size 104-Key Keyboard. Total cost comes in at roughly $140 with 110 Aliaz switches.

Not only is this quite a bit cheaper than the $200+ cost of a custom keyboard, also one does not have to be bothered with PCB's, housings, stabilizers etc. This combined with the very limited number of available 104-Key options, makes it a winner.
7 replies
Mar 15, 2019
775 posts
910 upvotes
"Detachable Switch
BLUE-MX TACTILE SWITCH

Come with Extra 8Pcs Silent Black Keyboard Switches "

-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
[OP]
Apr 29, 2018
968 posts
573 upvotes
Vancouver
GammaRayFort wrote: "Detachable Switch
BLUE-MX TACTILE SWITCH

Come with Extra 8Pcs Silent Black Keyboard Switches "
I didn't quite get your point here. Are these not replaceable? Have I been bamboozled?
Aug 20, 2019
49 posts
116 upvotes
Thanks OP, this does look like a pretty good buy as an entry into MK. I've been meaning to do it for years, and have worn away the surface of my keycaps on my current 10+ year old Razer keyboard. Can't wait to try this puppy out!