Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Airpods 2nd Generation with Wireless Charging Case - $229.00 ($40 off)

[OP]
Nov 9, 2013
105 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Airpods 2nd Generation with Wireless Charging Case - $229.00 ($40 off)

$40 off compared to apple.ca for those who are interested. Not much left in stock
18 replies
Jul 14, 2014
909 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Are these genuine ones for sure ? I've been hearing horror stories about people getting knock-offs.
Oct 18, 2017
200 posts
294 upvotes
New Brunswick
I would not recommend. It's not Sold&Shipped by Amazon, but rather a 3rd party. My GF once tried buying airpods off Amazon, and they were clearly used and had been paired to a previous phone.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2013
105 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Amazon have a pretty friendly return policy. I've purchased one and if they aren't genuine I'll be setting up a return
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1425 posts
4860 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Way overrated, overpriced and overhyped. Not worth it Imo. But....... not my money. Wallet is safe
What's in your wallet?
Nov 23, 2004
551 posts
845 upvotes
Ontario
Niklasky wrote: Are these genuine ones for sure ? I've been hearing horror stories about people getting knock-offs.
On that front, some knockoffs are actually really good too. I intentionally sought out some knockoffs straight from China because I'm an Android user on a budget who doesn't need expensive earphones but wanted something with the airpod fit/size for the office - and they've been the best sounding pair of sub-$100 earphones I've owned (paid about $55). Features, sizing, and even text inscription is 1:1 with the originals other than no icloud connect. But.. you have to know what to look for, for every good quality knockoff there's 100 more that are absolute junk.
Mar 25, 2009
895 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
mindabsence wrote: On that front, some knockoffs are actually really good too. I intentionally sought out some knockoffs straight from China because I'm an Android user on a budget who doesn't need expensive earphones but wanted something with the airpod fit/size for the office - and they've been the best sounding pair of sub-$100 earphones I've owned (paid about $55). Features, sizing, and even text inscription is 1:1 with the originals other than no icloud connect. But.. you have to know what to look for, for every good quality knockoff there's 100 more that are absolute junk.
Do you mind sharing which ones you got and where you ordered them from
Jul 14, 2014
909 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mindabsence wrote: On that front, some knockoffs are actually really good too. I intentionally sought out some knockoffs straight from China because I'm an Android user on a budget who doesn't need expensive earphones but wanted something with the airpod fit/size for the office - and they've been the best sounding pair of sub-$100 earphones I've owned (paid about $55). Features, sizing, and even text inscription is 1:1 with the originals other than no icloud connect. But.. you have to know what to look for, for every good quality knockoff there's 100 more that are absolute junk.
Well, in some cases, I suppose the Chinese knock-offs might actually come from the same factory as the originals...
Nov 23, 2004
551 posts
845 upvotes
Ontario
mcfrugal wrote: Do you mind sharing which ones you got and where you ordered them from
My research led me to this model from this seller as being some of the top tier knockoffs: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 6dd8GMw9kY

We have a bunch of them in the house now - no complaints from anyone. Sound quality is great, battery life is ~4ish hours (listening at office volume), in ear detection even works on Android (woohoo).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6444 posts
1091 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
HenryK046 wrote: Amazon have a pretty friendly return policy. I've purchased one and if they aren't genuine I'll be setting up a return
Funny thing about this item is that they are fulfilled by Amazon, so it's does seems like less of a scam (at least not as blatant). Not sure if Amazon validate the stock they have in stock though.

The issue is that these knock-offs are selling for $220, which is many times what they are worth.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Mar 7, 2011
160 posts
210 upvotes
Surrey, BC
number8888 wrote: Funny thing about this item is that they are fulfilled by Amazon, so it's does seems like less of a scam (at least not as blatant). Not sure if Amazon validate the stock they have in stock though.
They don't. There's plenty of cases of people getting knock-offs as "fulfilled by Amazon". You can't trust it anymore, especially on highly counterfeited items like electronics. Buy direct from Amazon or not at all (or be prepared to send it back)
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14699 posts
2699 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
mindabsence wrote: My research led me to this model from this seller as being some of the top tier knockoffs: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 6dd8GMw9kY

We have a bunch of them in the house now - no complaints from anyone. Sound quality is great, battery life is ~4ish hours (listening at office volume), in ear detection even works on Android (woohoo).
How's the mic? That seems to be an issue with knock-offs