Airthings Wave Plus Indoor Air Quality Monitor with Radon Detection - $211

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2021 4:20 pm
133 replies
Dec 26, 2012
370 posts
301 upvotes
Hamilton
yashgandhi wrote: Does this provide accurate readings?
i don't have first hand experience but i made a post in the Home & Garden forum on RFD asking about radon detection and pretty much every single response was to get one of these things so I think they're well reviewed and work well.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
6748 posts
1270 upvotes
I have this and according to reviews and my radon mitigation professional, they said this is very accurate. Of course as a home owner, these are a bit difficult for us to verify. All I can say is the reading dropped significantly before and after the remediation done by the professional.

Radon increases the chance of lung cancer, so it's worth it for my family.
Last edited by golden on Sep 27th, 2021 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3114 posts
6357 upvotes
I just bought a wave a few days ago, looks like that's going back. Thanks OP.
Mar 7, 2011
453 posts
587 upvotes
Cowboy905 wrote: i don't have first hand experience but i made a post in the Home & Garden forum on RFD asking about radon detection and pretty much every single response was to get one of these things so I think they're well reviewed and work well.
I have been seeing lot of threads about Airthings as well on RFD. Last week I was doing some research and couple of reviews on Amazon mentioned that this thing is not accurate and also not in list of approved devices for mesurij Radon by some government agency.

This was for a model lower than one OP posted but it was by Airthings.
Dec 1, 2007
859 posts
220 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
CiceroCL wrote: Looks like one of the lowest prices in a while for this product. Well reviewed for air monitoring.
I have owned one for a while. Generally pretty accurate. Biggest thing I’ve noticed is that CO2 levels get high without windows or doors being opened. It doesn’t send you notifications unless you sync it manually using the app though.
Bobby Dee.
RFD Proud since 07.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17360 posts
19425 upvotes
Oakville
yashgandhi wrote: Does this provide accurate readings?
Yes, I have one and compared to other sensors. This is pretty good and the one I would recommend to everyone.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Selling 18x8 Winter Wheels/Tires 225/60R-18 for Audi Q5, A5, Mercedes, PM for info, lots of tread.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.ht ... 1589757439
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17360 posts
19425 upvotes
Oakville
yashgandhi wrote: I have been seeing lot of threads about Airthings as well on RFD. Last week I was doing some research and couple of reviews on Amazon mentioned that this thing is not accurate and also not in list of approved devices for mesurij Radon by some government agency.

This was for a model lower than one OP posted but it was by Airthings.
This model uses the same sensor as the RadonEye. Both are certified sensors. Search RFD for previous threads on radon for the list.

Selling 18x8 Winter Wheels/Tires 225/60R-18 for Audi Q5, A5, Mercedes, PM for info, lots of tread.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17360 posts
19425 upvotes
Oakville
jello_bob wrote: I have owned one for a while. Generally pretty accurate. Biggest thing I’ve noticed is that CO2 levels get high without windows or doors being opened. It doesn’t send you notifications unless you sync it manually using the app though.
Yes, high CO2 readings have convinced me to get an ERV for fresh air. So far I've been opening windows but that's a huge waste of energy.

Jan 1, 2014
86 posts
71 upvotes
whats the difference between the Wave and Wave plus? the reagular wave is also on special

not sure if its worth the extra $$?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
1634 posts
1618 upvotes
Toronto
The View Plus is coming out - it has direct wifi connection.
https://www.airthings.com/en-ca/view-plus?hsLang=en-ca

I have the wave plus and finding that needing a intermediary phone for connection / updates is very annoying. Also the view plus has a particulate count that will help give a better picture of the air quality.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11221 posts
2245 upvotes
Wave plus has TVOC, CO2 and air pressure sensors, works with home kit but it is not necessary because radon is not something you need to check frequently. The ability to keep historic data is important though.

Wave only has Radon, temperature and humidity sensors.

View Plus has Wave Plus and PM2.5 and a LCD screen.

bmoney514 wrote: whats the difference between the Wave and Wave plus? the reagular wave is also on special

not sure if its worth the extra $$?
Last edited by 82 on Sep 27th, 2021 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one even after you are fully vaccinated.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2228 posts
1429 upvotes
Kitchener
jasonchan wrote: The View Plus is coming out - it has direct wifi connection.
https://www.airthings.com/en-ca/view-plus?hsLang=en-ca

I have the wave plus and finding that needing a intermediary phone for connection / updates is very annoying. Also the view plus has a particulate count that will help give a better picture of the air quality.
Thank you, just cancelled my order and waiting for this. Agree to your points - I had one of these back when they first came out and was very annoyed by it and then annoyed again with the idea of having the bridge for all the minis I was thinking of having in the kids rooms.. the sale and RFD made me forget how annoyed I was with Airthings lol - Thank you - will wait for the next gen versions to come out - hope the wifi mini will come out sometime soon too.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11221 posts
2245 upvotes
I would avoid another wifi device in bedroom if possible, especially in kids bedrooms.
keyser-soze wrote: Thank you, just cancelled my order and waiting for this. Agree to your points - I had one of these back when they first came out and was very annoyed by it and then annoyed again with the idea of having the bridge for all the minis I was thinking of having in the kids rooms.. the sale and RFD made me forget how annoyed I was with Airthings lol - Thank you - will wait for the next gen versions to come out - hope the wifi mini will come out sometime soon too.
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one even after you are fully vaccinated.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
7132 posts
3351 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
How easy is this if want to test multiple homes?

Thought there were issues with using it like that.

For use in multiple houses would it be better to get this on sale? It only is for radon though.

https://www.amazon.ca/Corentium-Airthin ... op?ie=UTF8
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Jul 18, 2006
769 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
Is Radon a material concern in older Toronto homes?
Sep 21, 2005
144 posts
47 upvotes
ViewPlus is nicer but not sure it's worth the $168 over this deal. It is listed at $379 MSRP vs $299 MSRP for the Wave Plus.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
1634 posts
1618 upvotes
Toronto
georvu wrote: How easy is this if want to test multiple homes?

Thought there were issues with using it like that.

For use in multiple houses would it be better to get this on sale? It only is for radon though.

https://www.amazon.ca/Corentium-Airthin ... op?ie=UTF8
It's not easy to move as there's a fairly lengthy calibration period that it goes through when you reset the device. I suppose you can calibrate it once and move it, but then again it's measuring the trend as opposed to a point in time, so you would still need to have it at a particular location for an extended period of time.