Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Alita; Battle Angel (4K BR + 3D BR + 2D BR + Digital*) - $19.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2020 10:16 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 18, 2007
199 posts
41 upvotes
Levis

[Amazon.ca] Alita; Battle Angel (4K BR + 3D BR + 2D BR + Digital*) - $19.99

Shipped and sold by Amazon.ca.

Includes:
- 4k UHD Blu Ray
- 3D (HD) Blu Ray
- 2D (HD) Blu Ray
- Digital code*

* According to some reviews, the code for the digital download version might not work in Canada. I personally don't care, but be prepared to jump through some hoops if you do.

Might be interesting for those who still care for 3D movies, or physical media. North American Region A version.
19 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 23, 2008
1479 posts
1739 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would, but I'm too cheap to go for it at $20.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3384 posts
821 upvotes
Toronto
almasyseifer wrote: it has it's cringe moments but this movie is alright
Yeah visually stunning but the story lacked any heart, due to poor writing and bad actors (mainly Hugo).
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 24, 2003
17238 posts
3492 upvotes
Toronto
If it's a Movies Anywhere digital code, I'm all for that because redeeming the code to Movies Anywhere will give you the 4k DV version!

Nice find OP.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1573 posts
1991 upvotes
I got it the last time this was this price. Watched in
3D on my PSVR. Great movie
Member
User avatar
Jan 12, 2017
269 posts
208 upvotes
Great movie, cant wait for a sequel.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 18, 2007
199 posts
41 upvotes
Levis
audit13 wrote: If it's a Movies Anywhere digital code, I'm all for that because redeeming the code to Movies Anywhere will give you the 4k DV version!
Some reviews do mention Movies Anywhere, but Amazon reviews are a mess with all editions thrown in the same pile, so it's not clear if it's the case of this particular edition or only some other overpriced collectible edition they're complaining about.

I should be getting my copy tomorrow. I'll try to remember to update the thread with the info.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 24, 2003
17238 posts
3492 upvotes
Toronto
Camarade Krimpov wrote: Some reviews do mention Movies Anywhere, but Amazon reviews are a mess with all editions thrown in the same pile, so it's not clear if it's the case of this particular edition or only some other overpriced collectible edition they're complaining about.

I should be getting my copy tomorrow. I'll try to remember to update the thread with the info.

The fact that the description includes the term "bilingual" leads me to believe it's a Canadian Fox release and the code will redeem to Google.

Please let us know. Thank you.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
14997 posts
6389 upvotes
Ottawa
Darko2 wrote: Great movie, cant wait for a sequel.
unfortunately, I don't think a sequel is planned due to the lackluster box office.
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 30, 2008
2537 posts
1656 upvotes
GTA
Watched this movie on an airplane. Never heard of it and was pleasantly surprised.
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2355 posts
961 upvotes
EDMONTON
Been this price for about 2 weeks now. I pricematched at bestbuy since amazon is taking a month to ship non essential items.

I just looked at my copy and the digital code pamphlet is definitely NOT MovesAnywhere. It is a code for Fox's own digital platform.
teksavvy sucks
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 24, 2003
17238 posts
3492 upvotes
Toronto
umadbrah wrote: Been this price for about 2 weeks now. I pricematched at bestbuy since amazon is taking a month to ship non essential items.

I just looked at my copy and the digital code pamphlet is definitely NOT MovesAnywhere. It is a code for Fox's own digital platform.
The code will redeem to Google movies.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 18, 2007
199 posts
41 upvotes
Levis
umadbrah wrote: Been this price for about 2 weeks now. I pricematched at bestbuy since amazon is taking a month to ship non essential items.

I just looked at my copy and the digital code pamphlet is definitely NOT MovesAnywhere. It is a code for Fox's own digital platform.
Shipping did take longer than usual, but not that much. Maybe it's because I'm paying for Amazon Prime, or maybe I'm just lucky.

I placed my order on March 26 along with some other items. I already got the first half of the order by private courier (delivered on a weekend), They were supposed to ship Alita much later (in May), but it turns out I'll probably get it on monday from Canada Post. They shipped it on April 1st (!) and it arrived at the Quebec City sorting facility on friday morning.

Unless they considered video cables and converters (HDMI, displayport, etc.) to be essential items (to work from home, maybe...?), I didn't have anything essential in there.
Jr. Member
Mar 1, 2009
101 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
Camarade Krimpov wrote: According to some reviews, the code for the digital download version might not work in Canada. I personally don't care, but be prepared to jump through some hoops if you do.
Assuming this is the Canadian release that Amazon Canada is selling, the digital code will only redeem in Google Play Canada (via Fox's redemption site). Oddly, and I've not seen this before, the Fox redemption site specifically states that this code will only redeem for an HD copy. I don't know if that means that they are specifically excluding this title from free in-place upgrades to 4K on Google Play Canada (as would normally happen with a movie available in digital 4K from Fox). I never cashed in my code to find out.

JP
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 24, 2003
17238 posts
3492 upvotes
Toronto
Pee Jay wrote: Assuming this is the Canadian release that Amazon Canada is selling, the digital code will only redeem in Google Play Canada (via Fox's redemption site). Oddly, and I've not seen this before, the Fox redemption site specifically states that this code will only redeem for an HD copy. I don't know if that means that they are specifically excluding this title from free in-place upgrades to 4K on Google Play Canada (as would normally happen with a movie available in digital 4K from Fox). I never cashed in my code to find out.

JP
Any codes redeemed to Google never give the 4K version in my experience.

I redeemed my Alita code a while ago and never got a 4k upgrade.
Member
Jun 22, 2004
479 posts
3 upvotes
WC
It upgraded to 4K in Google Play awhile back
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 24, 2003
17238 posts
3492 upvotes
Toronto
sjwong wrote: It upgraded to 4K in Google Play awhile back
Weird because I didn't get the upgrade. I'm not too concerned since I have the actual disc.
Last edited by audit13 on Apr 26th, 2020 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 18, 2007
199 posts
41 upvotes
Levis
Sorry, Amazon had shipped my Alita set relatively fast, but it got stuck at the local sorting center for a week and my 4k monitor took even longer to arrive.

The deal is now dead: back to 34,99$.

For the record, the digital code does redeem on Google Play and only in HD. Although it says it's available in 4K on both services, 1080P is the highest resolution I can pick for that movie on Youtube and it doesn't look sharper on Google Play.

Top