All Clad 7 piece stainless set $403

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2020 10:17 am
[OP]
May 22, 2013
49 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
dracolnyte wrote: truth. what do you think about the MC2, the copper core or C4 line?
The MC2 pieces are supposed to be the best conductors, even above the copper. But, with the aluminum on the outside I think they will look worse over the years, where the stainless will always be scrubabble (?) with barkeepers friend/metal scrubbie.

I've used the copper line, they are a tiny bit better but the D3 line is already excellent. I'd rather have more D3 pieces than fewer coppers'
[OP]
May 22, 2013
49 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
anthony9 wrote: I was really interested in this brand given the hype around it.

Two complaints that I've read: handles are uncomfortable and customer service is lacking.
I get that. They aren't "comfortable" like some smooth handles, but those handles can spin if you are holding with a towel and trying to tip/pour. The All Clad handles hold steady with the thumb groove. Thomas Keller has a modified handle on his All Clad line. I've never tried them but they are also much more expensive and few stores carry them.

I've read the customer service can be lousy. Maybe we should test it out with a query/warranty request?
Oct 4, 2012
142 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
hyperzore wrote: Is Aluminum frowned upon? Many docs say it's liked to Dementia. Would you avoid this? Please enlighten.
The only metal that the food is exposed to is stainless steel. Aluminum is layered under the stainless steel so no risk of any aluminum leaching in the food. Not sure about the potential dangers of stainless steel though...
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4967 posts
7017 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Yeah, no worries. Soak it before if there are any burnt bits, and get some barkeepers friend.
Sep 20, 2007
537 posts
176 upvotes
Thank you for this post! I have been eyeing All-Clad D3 forever. It seems so hard to find in Canada, at least at a reasonable price. Even though this is marked as expired, it seems whenever they get stock it comes back. I was able to snag it for ~$400 (yes, the D3 7-piece set). Very good deal compared to buying the pieces separately, even though I really would've preferred the 12" fry pan.
[OP]
May 22, 2013
49 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Mine didn't ship yesterday as expected so I did a chat with customer service. They said it's out of stock but arriving on the 24th. If you look at the page now it says in stock on the 27th but the price is back to the normal of $660.

Hope you guys got it while it was at $400. I'll post when mine arrives.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1396 posts
188 upvotes
Markham
Just got my set yesterday and they are great! Just missing a smaller 2 quart pot now for ramen/instant noodles & possibly a larger fry pan at 12 "