Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Amazfit Band 5 Fitness Tracker w/Blood Oxygen, Heart Rate, Sleep Monitoring - $44.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2022 10:59 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1567 posts
7103 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Amazfit Band 5 Fitness Tracker w/Blood Oxygen, Heart Rate, Sleep Monitoring - $44.99

Awesome deal on this really nice 'lil fitness tracker watch! I personally own this and can vouch for it. 👌🏽Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

I used to have a Fitbit Charge 5 but when it went on the fritz (only five months after buying it) I started to look elsewhere. This Amazfit watch is really nice, especially for the price. The app works well. The watch face is small, but that's OK for me. Best of all, there is no monthly subscription fee! 🤩

I run about 10-15 k every day or two, and I find the battery lasts a long time - longer than my Fitbit. The steps, heart rate, resting heart rate, sleep tracking, etc. are all pretty close to what my Fitbit used to say.

FYI: There is no GPS on this model. Therefore, to get a map of your run, for example, you need to carry your phone with you.

If you're looking for a fitness band, defo check this one out and grab it for this nice price! 👌🏽🤩🤩🤩Hugging Face

• AMAZON ALEXA BUILT-IN: Talk to Amazon Alexa. Ask questions, get translations, set alarms, check the weather, control your smart home devices and more.
  • BLOOD OXYGEN SATURATION MONITOR: With Amazfit Band 5 you can measure your blood oxygen saturation and understand your physical state with OxygenBeats.
  • 24/7 HEART RATE, SLEEP TRACKER: The Amazfit Band 5 precise optical heart rate monitoring allows you to accurately track real-time steps taken, distance traveled, and sleeping patterns.
  • 15-DAY BATTERY LIFE: With a fully charged Amazfit Band 5, you don’t need to bring a charger for two-week trip. It has enough power to get you charged for 2 whole weeks mind free.
Images
  • 61xSjdpeU0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Last edited by coopercold on May 6th, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42 replies
Oct 27, 2009
147 posts
623 upvotes
Toronto, ON, Canada
I got a Huawei Band 6 last week, but I'm considering returning it. It registers me as napping whenever I'm sedentary and there is no way to remove these false records. Their customer support suggested taking the watch off whenever I'm vegging >.>. Otherwise, I really like it.

Does anyone know if this Amazfit Band 5 has similar issues?
Nov 8, 2013
535 posts
343 upvotes
thanks, going to get this for my mom to replace it with the fitbit i got for her. It's battery life and constant need for syncing was annoying.
Oct 18, 2020
265 posts
400 upvotes
pvdv wrote: I got a Huawei Band 6 last week, but I'm considering returning it. It registers me as napping whenever I'm sedentary and there is no way to remove these false records. Their customer support suggested taking the watch off whenever I'm vegging >.>. Otherwise, I really like it.

Does anyone know if this Amazfit Band 5 has similar issues?
Your Huawei is fine, you just have narcolepsy.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
18698 posts
21372 upvotes
GTA
Will this connect to build in phone software like Samsung health? Or do you have to run their software?
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Sep 23, 2013
606 posts
696 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
engineered wrote: Will this connect to build in phone software like Samsung health? Or do you have to run their software?
Im not sure about Samsung Health, but mine sync's with Apple Health perfectly.
No fanboyism here. I only pledge allegiance to the hotness. - Flossy Carter
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1266 posts
1182 upvotes
Are the health sensors/metrics reasonably accurate? I was just looking for a sleep tracker.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7166 posts
2829 upvotes
Calgary
The Amazfit is looking more and more like a Mi band.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1567 posts
7103 upvotes
sparkaction wrote: Are the health sensors/metrics reasonably accurate? I was just looking for a sleep tracker.
I think so, yes. 👌🏽Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2007
1408 posts
208 upvotes
Can anyone comment to how much functionality you get if you want to pair it with bluetooth and/or use their app.
Sep 23, 2013
606 posts
696 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
fyi: it's basically the same as the mi band 5 with respects to look and dimension. Buy a $10 braided loop band on amazon and dont look back
No fanboyism here. I only pledge allegiance to the hotness. - Flossy Carter
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
1909 posts
1966 upvotes
sparkaction wrote: Are the health sensors/metrics reasonably accurate? I was just looking for a sleep tracker.
I have earlier Amazfit model. Just like the earlier post, just vegging in bed long before actually falling asleep registers as light sleep. Only really good to note when you get up and out of bed. The Anex Monkey smartwatch from Canadian Tire, far better sleep tracker. Just wait for it on special for $20-30.
Oct 3, 2015
19 posts
32 upvotes
Calgary
althetrainer wrote: The Amazfit is looking more and more like a Mi band.
Huami owns Amazfit and also build mi band for Xiaomi
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6306 posts
1461 upvotes
Montreal
I have this. The tracker is pretty good for the price. Not a big fan of the companion Android Zep app.
Phils
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1554 posts
948 upvotes
Hamilton
LOL, thought this is an amazon brand :)
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1037 posts
681 upvotes
Toronto
I've had mine since Nov 2020 from b&h for about 30usd.
Use it mostly for heart rate monitoring during spin bike and treadmill exercises. The HRM is pretty accurate, I've compared it to my stand alone HRM unit, my garmin venu and samsung watch 4. It's the only one I use now when exercising because it's so light on your wrist.

Battery life is about 5 to 7 days and I don't mine the zepp app at all. You can also import metrics to Google fit.

Screenshot_20220506-192958_Zepp.jpg
rajojomanik
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1481 posts
124 upvotes
Ontario
eelw11 wrote: I have earlier Amazfit model. Just like the earlier post, just vegging in bed long before actually falling asleep registers as light sleep. Only really good to note when you get up and out of bed. The Anex Monkey smartwatch from Canadian Tire, far better sleep tracker. Just wait for it on special for $20-30.
Thanks for this. I’m looking for strictly a sleep tracker.
Oct 24, 2010
103 posts
112 upvotes
Great White North
I have this and bought it for jump rope. Surprisingly, it counts my jumps quite accurately. Well worth the price for my purposes.
Mar 26, 2005
615 posts
368 upvotes
I bought this a while back and didn’t like it. I felt that the step count was way off from my Fit Bit which matched my manual counting. Now that I have the Apple Watch I can’t go back to either brand.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

yashiro