Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20336 posts
13897 upvotes
Waterloo, ON

[Amazon.ca] Amazfit Bip S [new model] smartwatch • 30+ day battery life • CA$96

Amazon: Amazfit Bip S smartwatch • 30+ day battery life • CA$96
Amazfit: Amazfit Bip S

This is the new model of the Bip that originally came out a couple of years ago. (See RFD thread Amazfit Bip smartwatch - 30+ day battery + GPS for $60-$99 USD.)

For comparison, this item now sells on AliExpress for US$70+ so Amazon's price is competitive. Moreover the Amazon version "Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca" and is covered by Amazon's buyer protection. Note that some colours are available, some can be pre-ordered and some are OOS. The stock status and pricing keeps changing day-by-day so keep you eye on the listing or add it to CCC.

P.S. "Ediable dials" probably means editable dials.

Added 14Aug20: For a variety of downloadable watch faces see websites like Amazfit Watchfaces for Bip S and apps like Amazfit Bip S Watchfaces – Apps on Google Play et al.

Updated 30Aug20: Price decease!
Black available on 05Oct • $96
Red available now • $96
White available 03Sep • $96
Pink unavailable
Last edited by bylo on Aug 30th, 2020 8:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
veni, vidi, Visa
146 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20336 posts
13897 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Somebody already downvoted this because it's "not a good price." I'd really appreciate it if they could point out where it's cheaper.
veni, vidi, Visa
Feb 14, 2006
410 posts
336 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Hear good things about this watch but am unfamiliar with the amazfit OS and how it integrates with, well, anything. Are there apps worth getting, or is it focused on Xiaomi spyware and fitness tracking? The few Google articles eluded to the top 8 of 10 apps being fitness/mi band/xiaomi related apps.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
1878 posts
612 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
"Built-in Editable Dials and 40+ Watch Faces"

i was wondering what the f is an "ediable dial"

good watch but the price needs to come down a bit
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7593 posts
1678 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Ruciz wrote: Hear good things about this watch but am unfamiliar with the amazfit OS and how it integrates with, well, anything. Are there apps worth getting, or is it focused on Xiaomi spyware and fitness tracking? The few Google articles eluded to the top 8 of 10 apps being fitness/mi band/xiaomi related apps.
apple is spying and has all your information. xiaomi doesn't. according to ur flawed logics, apple should be avoided.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11891 posts
18572 upvotes
jshebib wrote: "Built-in Editable Dials and 40+ Watch Faces"

i was wondering what the f is an "ediable dial"

good watch but the price needs to come down a bit
Edible dial is what we need . Price is competitive , similar to AliExpress without the 2 month wait
Apr 7, 2007
668 posts
193 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Maybe they'll come out with a version where the entire watch is edible. If you are hungry during a workout you can just eat the watch.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1532 posts
1190 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
Thanks for the post OP. The Amazfit Bip S looks interesting and certainly offers a few upgrades such as better screen resolution and color gamat compared to the original Amazfit Bip. I am not sure I agree with the comparison chart they present between the new Amazfit Bip S vs. the Amazfit Bip. My Amazfit Bip (2 years old) indeed has GPS and compass function as part of it's features where the chart indicates the Amazfit Bip has no compass feature. Also the original Amazfit Bip has a bit better battery duration...which is what sold me on the Amazfit Bip. I love that I only have to recharge mine every 70 days or so.

If I ever have to replace my original Amazfit Bip, I would definitely consider the Amazfit Bip S and for comparable price would buy from Amazon.ca in a heartbeat versus buying from an overseas seller with long ship times and hassle returns if needed.

Cheers!
Last edited by montward on Aug 2nd, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 21, 2019
173 posts
124 upvotes
Wasn't the original on $60 from Aliexpress? Loses ip68 and days of battery life, for what? Things you never use or don't care about when using this type of watch? Let me know when it supports NFC paying.
Jul 31, 2012
202 posts
343 upvotes
Wow, what an amazing deal. The first bip was very popular but the bip s looks way better. This watch is the Jack of all trades with a respectable price.
ERROR
You cannot vote on your own post.
Feb 14, 2006
410 posts
336 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
L4cky wrote: apple is spying and has all your information. xiaomi doesn't. according to ur flawed logics, apple should be avoided.
Ok? thanks for that useless bit of unsolicited info. Much appreciated. I'll continue to avoid apple like I have been, but I still would love to know what this watch can actually do. I have a feeling now it's only what the box says.
Dec 28, 2005
456 posts
82 upvotes
I had the Bip for over a year and liked it a lot. It's pretty basic, but does what I need. The battery life is impressive. I have now moved onto the Amazfit GTS which is definitely an upgrade (especially screen resolution), however, battery life is only about 8 days. The look is very "Apple-like" and the app integrates with nicely with Google Fit. I highly recommend any of the Amazfit smartwatches.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20336 posts
13897 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Ruciz wrote: Hear good things about this watch but am unfamiliar with the amazfit OS and how it integrates with, well, anything. Are there apps worth getting, or is it focused on Xiaomi spyware and fitness tracking? The few Google articles eluded to the top 8 of 10 apps being fitness/mi band/xiaomi related apps.
It's a proprietary OS that interfaces with your phone. You need to install the companion app Amazfit [for Android, also available for iOS.]

There are also many third party apps that add more features like downloadable watch faces. I'd imagine they'll all support the S real soon if not already.

One app I really like is Navigator for Mi Band 5/4/3, Bip and Cor that pushes turning directions from Google Maps to the watch dial. That's a distraction when driving. But it's a godsend when walking, especially in a strange city, because it tells you when your next turn is coming even if you're disoriented.

Spyware and fitness tracking are made for each other. Lots of other devices and apps have been implicated. If you're concerned then create a dummy email address just for use with Amazfit.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2003
1402 posts
256 upvotes
BC
montward wrote: Thanks for the post OP. The Amazfit Bip S looks interesting and certainly offers a few upgrades such as better screen resolution and color gamat compared to the original Amazfit Bip. I am not sure I agree with the comparison chart they present between the new Amazfit Bip S vs. the Amazfit Bip. My Amazfit Bip (2 years old) indeed has GPS and compass function as part of it's features where the chart indicates the Amazfit Bip has no compass feature. Also the original Amazfit Bip has a bit better battery duration...which is what sold me on the Amazfit Bip. I love that I only have to recharge mine every 70 days or so.

If I ever have to replace my original Amazfit Bip, I would definitely consider the Amazfit Bip S and for comparable price would buy from Amazon.ca in a heartbeat versus buying from an overseas seller with long ship times and hassle returns if needed.

Cheers!
And this guy's review even suggests the screen res (spec) is the same between both watches:

CHIA
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7593 posts
1678 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Ruciz wrote: Ok? thanks for that useless bit of unsolicited info. Much appreciated. I'll continue to avoid apple like I have been, but I still would love to know what this watch can actually do. I have a feeling now it's only what the box says.
You forgot how microsoft does the same thing. So, while you can avoid apple, you need also to avoid windows.

Are you saying you're using linux?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)