Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Amazfit Bip S [new model] smartwatch • 30+ day battery life • CA$99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 10:56 am
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2612 upvotes
evilcookiemonster wrote: Just when people said they go shower and swim with their bips, I don't think it's a good idea. I had the last version bip for a year. Recently went swimming with it two days in a row in the open ocean for less than 15 mins each time. It died. I was able to charge it and got it going again but then the battery last only a day now and the screen popped out and has burn in spot on it.
I did some googling and found alot of people had the exact same experience.

I am skeptical about the bip s and it's 5ATM rating. The IP68 of the bip definitely didn't hold up. My mi band 2 also broke after swimming in the hotel pool for couple of days.

I had the same unfortunate circumstance with my OG Bip. Showered with it everyday, no issues (that I was aware of), took it on vacation, swimming, etc.

This year after swimming once in my in-laws pool, it died...
Sep 16, 2010
996 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
evilcookiemonster wrote: Just when people said they go shower and swim with their bips, I don't think it's a good idea. I had the last version bip for a year. Recently went swimming with it two days in a row in the open ocean for less than 15 mins each time. It died. I was able to charge it and got it going again but then the battery last only a day now and the screen popped out and has burn in spot on it.
I did some googling and found alot of people had the exact same experience.

I am skeptical about the bip s and it's 5ATM rating. The IP68 of the bip definitely didn't hold up. My mi band 2 also broke after swimming in the hotel pool for couple of days.

I had the exact same situation but not from swimming. I was just playing water guns with my kids and had a bucket of water poured over me. The next day, this same thing happened. I had to use super glue to put it back on but fully expects it to die the next time it comes in contact with water. I had it for a few years now and still wearing it.
Jan 22, 2017
342 posts
291 upvotes
Montreal
Just bought the white from amazon to try it out. Long time Polar user but it died on me. Does this sync to Strava?
Nov 24, 2003
573 posts
258 upvotes
Also had an issue with my original bip. fell into a lake and battery last 1 day now vs 45 days before. Anyone way to return the battery back or better than it is now. Even a week would be acceptable.
Mar 9, 2012
297 posts
267 upvotes
Richmond
rtsen wrote: Also had an issue with my original bip. fell into a lake and battery last 1 day now vs 45 days before. Anyone way to return the battery back or better than it is now. Even a week would be acceptable.
Yeah same here. I will take a week and be happy. I think the screen might be broken cuz the whole screen is very hard to read now. The dark area is now pretty bright. Not sure if replacing the screen would solve the battery problem.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Some says that if the barometer get water damaged, it will drain the battery, but disabling it didn't help mine.
May have to use heat and pry it open without destroying the glass and see if disconnecting it helps without replacing the battery...
Aug 26, 2020
3 posts
6 upvotes
macdaddy6 wrote: Just bought the white from amazon to try it out. Long time Polar user but it died on me. Does this sync to Strava?
See discussion on page 3.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29132 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Totally different watch without the long track record of Amazfit watches like the original Bip. It may or may not be as good as the Bip S. Anyone have direct experience with it?

As for the Bip S, Amazon is again selling the black version as in the OP for $99.
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)