[Amazon.ca] Amazfit Bip U Pro Smart watch with GPS - $89

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2021 9:44 pm
[OP]
Dec 10, 2006
207 posts
115 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Amazfit Bip U Pro Smart watch with GPS - $89

I recently purchased the BIP U and am extremely impressed. The Bip U Pro for $15 more has GPS, Alexa, slightly larger watch face. I realized this is not an Apple Watch, but I am amazed with the quality and all the features. Get all my notifications now so can leave my phone in my pocket, and have enjoyed the fitness features, sleep tracking is interesting (but probably not perfect), have used it to control music, operate my phone camera etc. They really do pack a ton of features into something that is crazy cheap. Reviews are very good and most tech publications rate the Amazfit smart watches very highly. The $89 price seems to be all time low. I linked to the green version because it has better product description, but black is same price.

https://www.amazon.ca/Amazfit-Bip-U-Pro ... 669&sr=8-5
41 replies
Apr 10, 2013
926 posts
173 upvotes
Mississauga
i cant find any black color one, only non pro is black. Also what is the difference between them ? i see non pro is only 73$
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1181 posts
917 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
If only it had the month to two month battery life of my current bip.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
[OP]
Dec 10, 2006
207 posts
115 upvotes
Netuser wrote: i cant find any black color one, only non pro is black. Also what is the difference between them ? i see non pro is only 73$
The second link in the original post is the Bip U Pro black. For $15 difference you get GPS, Alexa, and compass.

My Bip U lasts about 6-7 days between charge with frequent use.
Feb 20, 2015
37 posts
76 upvotes
Markham, ON
Price went up to $ 103... Must be RFD effects Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Apr 10, 2013
926 posts
173 upvotes
Mississauga
noelliam wrote: The second link in the original post is the Bip U Pro black. For $15 difference you get GPS, Alexa, and compass.

My Bip U lasts about 6-7 days between charge with frequent use.
Thanks Thumbs Up Sign. Is Spo2 tracker same as blood pressure?
[OP]
Dec 10, 2006
207 posts
115 upvotes
Netuser wrote: Thanks Thumbs Up Sign. Is Spo2 tracker same as blood pressure?
No it’s blood oxygen level. Not sure how accurate or what it’s even used for. There is a stress measurement too.

Black is still $89. Green went back to $103.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1875 posts
702 upvotes
BC
I really hate my Samsung Galaxy watch, but I have to stick with it if I want to be able to reply from the watch, right?
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
20690 posts
8880 upvotes
Toronto
The non pro is a better option. Until batteries can last a decent amount of time with GPS on, it is pointless to have the feature. Sometimes you forget to fully charge the watch and within an hour or two, the battery is dead.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Aug 15, 2016
81 posts
110 upvotes
The three sport modes that I really want are downhill skiing, backcountry skiing ("touring"), and rock climbing. So far, the only watch that has these is the Coros Apex and Apex Pro - but those are expensive watches. Does this include those modes?
Jan 22, 2013
235 posts
62 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Is gps always on for these devices? Would like it for cycling but don't know if I need it always on. Would be nice to have longer battery life.
Dec 25, 2007
512 posts
391 upvotes
CALGARY
baingar wrote: Is gps always on for these devices? Would like it for cycling but don't know if I need it always on. Would be nice to have longer battery life.
I can't say for this but the original bip it was only turned on for activities.

The accuracy leaves something to be desired. I compared it against my wahoo + chest strap and got wildly different results. +3k over 60ish k. Also the heart rate was laughably bad. I was in the red according to the chest strap at 190+BPM and the amazfit registered 78bpm...
Jun 4, 2021
12 posts
7 upvotes
The battery life is amazing for at least 8 days on a single charge. It's very good quality for the money.
I totally love this watch!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
22635 posts
17610 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
noelliam wrote: I recently purchased the BIP U and am extremely impressed. The Bip U Pro for $15 more has GPS, Alexa, slightly larger watch face. I realized this is not an Apple Watch, but I am amazed with the quality and all the features.
Yup. My 3-year old original Bip is still going strong and still gets a month on a charge. The Bip U Pro, however, only gets a week. For some people that's an important distinction. But if you can live with the shorter battery life this is an amazing watch for the price,

Re Bip prices, Amazon's change more frequently than many people change their underwear. If you're in no hurry, use the 3Cs to set a price alert and be patient.

(Yes, you can often get these cheaper from Chinese sellers. But then you get to wait a month or more for delivery, no warranty -- and a chance to see the price drop even lower on amazon.ca.)
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
22635 posts
17610 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
baingar wrote: Is gps always on for these devices? Would like it for cycling but don't know if I need it always on. Would be nice to have longer battery life.
No. That would demolish battery life. For that reason [almost?] all smartwatches leave the GPS off until you turn it on, e.g. by starting an activity.
veni, vidi, Visa