Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon - 100 Feather Razor Blades NEW Hi-stainless Double Edge - $25.25

[OP]
Nov 20, 2013
115 posts
72 upvotes
Calgary

[Amazon.ca] Amazon - 100 Feather Razor Blades NEW Hi-stainless Double Edge - $25.25

Not sure if anyone posted this.. seems to be a good deal and at a historical low price:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004RWTQTS/

Courtesy: 3 Cs;)
17 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2010 posts
692 upvotes
Edmonton
Fantastic blades - I've had the same box for years and I'm still not out.

They're beautifully sharp but unforgiving, so be careful when you're whisking these around the nethers.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2878 posts
595 upvotes
Mississauga
Great deal! I still have a ton of Astra blades that I picked up like a year ago. I really like them. Lots of people like the Feathers but I haven't had a chance to try them out.
Jesus saves, I spend
Jul 11, 2016
84 posts
64 upvotes
Good deal. I'm not even half way on the box I bought in 2014.
Feb 7, 2016
316 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto, ON
whats a good handle for these blades? any recommendations ? thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1559 posts
164 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
anotherwave wrote: Having a adjustable handle is nice to have so you can adjust how much of the blade is exposed. When i first started using feather blades i turned it way down so i didn't kill myself! lol

something like this https://www.amazon.ca/Quality-Adjustabl ... B06XGVRQKP
To get less of a shave I've been tilting the razor more into it's end, still shaves nicely. Not sure if this was the intended way to adjust angles.
Jul 31, 2008
382 posts
187 upvotes
Markham
I agree with the previous poster on the adjustable. I would go to the Merkur Progress though. Only $68 at Amazon and well made.

I think people play up the sharpness of Feathers a bit much. I keep coming back to them and find over time they ensure your skin is super smooth. There is no doubt an adjustment period, but once you are over it, they are pretty much perfect. This is the 5 pack format with the integrated blade disposal, which is perfect IMHO.
Feb 26, 2008
723 posts
664 upvotes
Surrey
DCanadaS wrote: whats a good handle for these blades? any recommendations ? thanks
I have them all of my handles.

Merkur Progress long pole (adjustable from 1 to 5...5 being most exposed. I have mine set to 4)

Parker 98R (heavy razor with more blade exposure so it's a bit more aggressive but not overly so)

Edwin Jagger DE89BL (travel or when I'm in a rush....least aggressive)
Feb 26, 2008
723 posts
664 upvotes
Surrey
DCanadaS wrote: what if i wanted to do i one time investment any suggestions u would prefer? compared to the $30-50 range?
If you know someone who has a safety razor, you could ask to borrow it and try out. That's how I ended up with the Progress. I had a Weishi starter razor and that was good to learn with. I don't fiddle around with the settings on my progress much. IIRC, even at 2 the razor is still a bit more exposed. From my experience, it's definitely not one I would recommend to start out with.

I would suggest the Edwin Jagger DE89BL. Its forgiving and gives a fairly close shave with lower blade exposure. Build quality wise, it's solid.
Jan 12, 2012
303 posts
308 upvotes
Calgary
Watch the Italianbarber for deals for this. I have seen better there.