Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Amazon Basics 24 Pack AAA Performance-Capacity 800 mAh Rechargeable Batteries, can be recharged 1,000 Times $18.53

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2021 10:04 am
41 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3216 posts
1634 upvotes
Ottawa
good price. But I won't have enough AAA stuff to consider buying it. I'll just end up having more random batteries all over the place.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5208 posts
3673 upvotes
Vancouver
Good deal, if I didn’t stock up during ikea clearance, I would definitely buy a pack or two. I actually have more things that use AAA than AA (remotes, sensor lights, mice, laser pointer, LED flashlights, etc).
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2371 posts
1587 upvotes
Kitchener
What's the better option... 800mah * 24 or 2000mah * 12 both are nearly the same price....
Sr. Member
Jul 18, 2014
676 posts
1415 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
do rechargeable batteries have a shelf life? other than the 1000 recharged
Newbie
Sep 10, 2017
70 posts
93 upvotes
keyser-soze wrote: What's the better option... 800mah * 24 or 2000mah * 12 both are nearly the same price....
I'd go with the second option. But that's because I don't have any use for 24 batteries, so I prefer higher capacity.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5208 posts
3673 upvotes
Vancouver
keyser-soze wrote: What's the better option... 800mah * 24 or 2000mah * 12 both are nearly the same price....
Those are AA…
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5208 posts
3673 upvotes
Vancouver
ThiagoSCF wrote: I'd go with the second option. But that's because I don't have any use for 24 batteries, so I prefer higher capacity.
Be careful, the 12 pack is AA. AAA max capacity is around 1000mAh.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5255 posts
2927 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Was just about to pull the trigger when I realized there was a +30% tax on this pack in Ontario. Like really? Ok, HST, nothing you can do about that, but should these not be exempt from this tax grab disguised as an "Environmental Handling Fee". What a crock of shit. These are helping keep 1000 batteries out of the landfill you morans!

Image
Member
Sep 8, 2005
256 posts
213 upvotes
They are $16.79 each if you get 2 packs via a business account.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6535 posts
4317 upvotes
SW ON
midget_man wrote: Was just about to pull the trigger when I realized there was a +30% tax on this pack in Ontario. Like really? Ok, HST, nothing you can do about that, but should these not be exempt from this tax grab disguised as an "Environmental Handling Fee". What a crock of shit. These are helping keep 1000 batteries out of the landfill you morans!
Yeah, it's funny. Last time I bought alkaline batteries there was no environmental fee. Now there is a fee on rechargeables. Reverse logic.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5208 posts
3673 upvotes
Vancouver
midget_man wrote: Was just about to pull the trigger when I realized there was a +30% tax on this pack in Ontario. Like really? Ok, HST, nothing you can do about that, but should these not be exempt from this tax grab disguised as an "Environmental Handling Fee". What a crock of shit. These are helping keep 1000 batteries out of the landfill you morans!
It’s kinda funny, in bc they actually charge more for rechargeable battery than disposable. Isn’t recharging actually better for the environment? Oh well one time charge, 1000x use is still a better deal in the long run. You are right the eco fee is more than the HST…
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
15284 posts
19452 upvotes
Toronto
midget_man wrote: Was just about to pull the trigger when I realized there was a +30% tax on this pack in Ontario. Like really? Ok, HST, nothing you can do about that, but should these not be exempt from this tax grab disguised as an "Environmental Handling Fee". What a crock of shit. These are helping keep 1000 batteries out of the landfill you morans!
Under the new rules, there is no set environmental fee for any product. The amount of the fee charged is decided by the business and must reflect the actual cost of recycling that product.

An environmental fee is not a government tax and cannot be represented as mandatory, a regulatory charge, or an RPRA fee. It is a fee charged at the discretion of a business to recover their costs related to recycling the product.

ENVIRONMENTAL FEES ON PRODUCTS SOLD IN ONTARIO
Destiny is all
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5255 posts
2927 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Dhanushan wrote: Under the new rules, there is no set environmental fee for any product. The amount of the fee charged is decided by the business and must reflect the actual cost of recycling that product.

An environmental fee is not a government tax and cannot be represented as mandatory, a regulatory charge, or an RPRA fee. It is a fee charged at the discretion of a business to recover their costs related to recycling the product.

ENVIRONMENTAL FEES ON PRODUCTS SOLD IN ONTARIO
Whatever it is, my $18 something order went up to almost $25 ....

Image
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5208 posts
3673 upvotes
Vancouver
midget_man wrote: Whatever it is, my $18 something order went up to almost $25 ....

Image
Unfortunately it applies for all batteries so unless you don’t use battery, you will be stuck paying taxes on them. I mean I guess you could goto another province to buy your battery if you want to avoid taxes that badly…
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2019
1109 posts
1370 upvotes
Paigne wrote: Unfortunately it applies for all batteries so unless you don’t use battery, you will be stuck paying taxes on them. I mean I guess you could goto another province to buy your battery if you want to avoid taxes that badly…
Except it doesn't apply to all batteries. When was the last time you were charged environmental fees for buying AA and AAA batteries? I've never had to pay those before. Now they're charging it for rechargeable batteries that are each keeping 1000s of batteries out of landfills? Reverse logic. No deal.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)