Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Amazon Basics 24 Pack AAA Performance-Capacity 800 mAh Rechargeable Batteries, can be recharged 1,000 Times $18.53

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2021 8:23 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1474 posts
1017 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Basics 24 Pack AAA Performance-Capacity 800 mAh Rechargeable Batteries, can be recharged 1,000 Times $18.53

Amazon basic rechargeable batteries 24 count for $18.53 at the moment
40 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2832 posts
1194 upvotes
Ottawa
good price. But I won't have enough AAA stuff to consider buying it. I'll just end up having more random batteries all over the place.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4225 posts
2779 upvotes
Vancouver
Good deal, if I didn’t stock up during ikea clearance, I would definitely buy a pack or two. I actually have more things that use AAA than AA (remotes, sensor lights, mice, laser pointer, LED flashlights, etc).
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2227 posts
1429 upvotes
Kitchener
What's the better option... 800mah * 24 or 2000mah * 12 both are nearly the same price....
Jul 18, 2014
518 posts
1103 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
do rechargeable batteries have a shelf life? other than the 1000 recharged
Sep 10, 2017
55 posts
36 upvotes
keyser-soze wrote: What's the better option... 800mah * 24 or 2000mah * 12 both are nearly the same price....
I'd go with the second option. But that's because I don't have any use for 24 batteries, so I prefer higher capacity.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4225 posts
2779 upvotes
Vancouver
keyser-soze wrote: What's the better option... 800mah * 24 or 2000mah * 12 both are nearly the same price....
Those are AA…
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4225 posts
2779 upvotes
Vancouver
ThiagoSCF wrote: I'd go with the second option. But that's because I don't have any use for 24 batteries, so I prefer higher capacity.
Be careful, the 12 pack is AA. AAA max capacity is around 1000mAh.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5121 posts
2520 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Was just about to pull the trigger when I realized there was a +30% tax on this pack in Ontario. Like really? Ok, HST, nothing you can do about that, but should these not be exempt from this tax grab disguised as an "Environmental Handling Fee". What a crock of shit. These are helping keep 1000 batteries out of the landfill you morans!

Sep 8, 2005
114 posts
16 upvotes
They are $16.79 each if you get 2 packs via a business account.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
3408 posts
2099 upvotes
SW ON
midget_man wrote: Was just about to pull the trigger when I realized there was a +30% tax on this pack in Ontario. Like really? Ok, HST, nothing you can do about that, but should these not be exempt from this tax grab disguised as an "Environmental Handling Fee". What a crock of shit. These are helping keep 1000 batteries out of the landfill you morans!
Yeah, it's funny. Last time I bought alkaline batteries there was no environmental fee. Now there is a fee on rechargeables. Reverse logic.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4225 posts
2779 upvotes
Vancouver
midget_man wrote: Was just about to pull the trigger when I realized there was a +30% tax on this pack in Ontario. Like really? Ok, HST, nothing you can do about that, but should these not be exempt from this tax grab disguised as an "Environmental Handling Fee". What a crock of shit. These are helping keep 1000 batteries out of the landfill you morans!
It’s kinda funny, in bc they actually charge more for rechargeable battery than disposable. Isn’t recharging actually better for the environment? Oh well one time charge, 1000x use is still a better deal in the long run. You are right the eco fee is more than the HST…
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7883 posts
8744 upvotes
Toronto
Under the new rules, there is no set environmental fee for any product. The amount of the fee charged is decided by the business and must reflect the actual cost of recycling that product.

An environmental fee is not a government tax and cannot be represented as mandatory, a regulatory charge, or an RPRA fee. It is a fee charged at the discretion of a business to recover their costs related to recycling the product.

ENVIRONMENTAL FEES ON PRODUCTS SOLD IN ONTARIO
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5121 posts
2520 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Dhanushan wrote: Under the new rules, there is no set environmental fee for any product. The amount of the fee charged is decided by the business and must reflect the actual cost of recycling that product.

An environmental fee is not a government tax and cannot be represented as mandatory, a regulatory charge, or an RPRA fee. It is a fee charged at the discretion of a business to recover their costs related to recycling the product.

ENVIRONMENTAL FEES ON PRODUCTS SOLD IN ONTARIO
Whatever it is, my $18 something order went up to almost $25 ....

Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4225 posts
2779 upvotes
Vancouver
midget_man wrote: Whatever it is, my $18 something order went up to almost $25 ....

Unfortunately it applies for all batteries so unless you don’t use battery, you will be stuck paying taxes on them. I mean I guess you could goto another province to buy your battery if you want to avoid taxes that badly…
Nov 21, 2019
246 posts
255 upvotes
Paigne wrote: Unfortunately it applies for all batteries so unless you don’t use battery, you will be stuck paying taxes on them. I mean I guess you could goto another province to buy your battery if you want to avoid taxes that badly…
Except it doesn't apply to all batteries. When was the last time you were charged environmental fees for buying AA and AAA batteries? I've never had to pay those before. Now they're charging it for rechargeable batteries that are each keeping 1000s of batteries out of landfills? Reverse logic. No deal.