Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Amazon Business: $200 off of $500 on first Amazon Business order ENDING AUG 14th. (Registration ended July 31st)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2022 7:34 pm
[OP]
Mar 25, 2008
311 posts
1556 upvotes
Metrotown / Burnaby …

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Business: $200 off of $500 on first Amazon Business order ENDING AUG 14th. (Registration ended July 31st)

Registration ended July 31. Use coupon by August 14th

Amazon Business is at it again - this time: Get $200 off of $500 (i.e. 40%!!)

Before you begin please note this is YMMV sort of deal.

i.e. with the prior offers, people could create multiple accounts.
However, back in January (see here) our fellow RFD-er @Nephelae advised as follows: "watch out. I tried this a few times and eventually got a warning email from Amazon." Hence YMMV.

But if you haven't created an account previously this is a phenomenal deal.
(If you have more than one account already, perhaps don't push your luck . But if you have only one account and decide to try nonetheless, please report back ;)

Now read on and good luck :)

===================================
1. Details from the email message:
Subject: Sign up and save $200 on your first Amazon Business order

Body: The familiar Amazon experience enhanced for business

Sign up for Amazon Business and save $200 off your first purchase of $500 or more (terms and conditions apply).

Create your account today and start improving your operations with these benefits:

Save up to 10% with business-only prices on Amazon Business.
Easy reconciliation with detailed analytics to track business purchases.
Free, Two-Day shipping on eligible items for Business Prime members.
Once your new account is verified, you will be able to use the code ABJULY22 after 72 hours.

This offer is only valid for Amazon Business customers who have received details directly from Amazon Business through email.
Registration Link in the email lands here: https://www.amazon.ca/business/register ... _julyacq_1

2. Terms and Conditions
- Create a business account by July 31, 2022.
- Verification is required.
- Once verified, use code ABJULY22 (minimum purchase $500).
- link to full Terms & Conditions:
https://business.amazon.ca/en/campaigns ... _julyacq_1

3. Background Info & Helpful tips
  • Both myself and my wife have been receiving these offers to our regular Amazon.ca email addresses enticing customers to get a Business Account etc.
  • I created 2 business accounts per prior offers. And my wife has 1.
  • That said, when creating business account we did not use the email addresses to which those offers were sent in the first place. (which is perhaps why we still receive these offers).
  • you will be asked to go through "Verifaction" process and provide pertinent documents to confirm you have a business etc.
  • For both of my accounts I had provided virtually the exact same info, letter of employment to confirm that the "said employee" (me) owns the company and does such-and-such duty, and I included an old incorporation document.
  • some additional info in the comment from January: see here

Enjoy!
Last edited by webdude on Aug 7th, 2022 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
ADDENDUM:

4. Last Day to use the promo code by:
• Promotional code expires on August 14, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. (PST)
• i.e. Need to create a business account by July 31, 2022, but can use the promo code ABJULY22 will work until Aug 14th.
• Lastly, I spoke to Chat support, and they noted they could extend redemption period on a case-by-case basis, i.e. where relevant/applicable - for instance, someone is travelling and won't have enough time to leverage the promo.

5. Tips if you don't have a business number
Please see my post about registering a new business account as a Sole Proprietor without a business number:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-ca-amazon-business-yet-another-sign-up-offer-time-200-off-500-first-amazon-business-order-note-ymmv-2551293/11/#p36284180

Also a fellow RFD'er @powderskull provided the following great tips (thanked):
Made multiple accounts, provided no proof, and been verified on all.

- Sole P.
- Hushed phone number
- Visa/Mastercard gift card with any balance above $5.00
- Owned domain that I made an email forward for (ie - dunder.com and [email protected])
- Set address to a random unit number at some business park
- NO need to create any fake docs/proof.
- Verified all after ~30 hours

6. Tip to get the code working sooner than 72 hrs:
Per the official instructions: Once your account is verified, you will be able to use the code ABJULY22 after 72 hours.
A fellow RFD'er @yyzthe6 spoke to amazon support and learned that doing the following may shorten that wait time:
Under Business Settings > Billing and Shipping > Shared Settings. There you can change payments to individuals.
I tested that myself, and it seems to work;
i.e. my code was supposed to start working end of day Thursday or Friday morning, but it started working yesterday morning.
626 replies
Jun 7, 2016
17 posts
64 upvotes
Shouldn't be ymmv as it seems like it's open to anyone. "The offer is valid for all the customers who register for a new Amazon Business Canada account between July 1, 2022, and July 31" That's worded vague enough to include everyone who signs up even without receiving this offer through email. However since around May the terms link to a page (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/ ... 4GC44FGBCK) that states "There are specific promotional codes that you can redeem only if you have received a formal communication from Amazon Business. To see if you have received the promotional code, check the email address of your registered business account." This could be interpreted a few ways. Might just be describing one of the ways to activate the discount (an old spend $500 then get emailed a code for $250 off a subsequent order worked similar) or it might be more strict and include these spend X discounted by Y promos. Maybe too many people took advantage of the April promo and they are now making it so you need to receive the email directly for an account to qualify.

Back when I signed up in Jan. I found both the approval process and the activation of the discount was silent (no further emails). The $100 off was already active less than 24 hours after successful verification. So seeing that you now need to potentially wait for them to issue a personalized coupon code, that might give them enough time to catch anyone double dipping or multiboxing. I mean it's free to make an account if you already have all the relevant documents so it can't hurt to try even if you didn't receive a targetted email.

One last thing to contribute. In the cibc business account thread there has been mention of getting a $100 off $250 offer with a cibc business cc, expires august 14 (https://business.amazon.ca/en/campaigns ... s/cibc2022). This is on top of getting $400 from opening a cibc business account ($6 monthly fee and minimum 3 months before payout). Might be worth it since it's a lower spend but same discount percentage wise (40%) and you get more assuming you don't have to fight with cibc for their portion of their promo. Or if you already planned on spending $500 maybe try your luck with both options and get $200 from amazon and $400 from cibc seperately.
Oct 1, 2020
893 posts
2189 upvotes
Got it. Verification is as simple as using a business credit card.
Expires Aug 14th...

Can't use code to buy next gen GPUs...
But maybe a 5800X3D? Or 5900X?
Oct 9, 2019
364 posts
249 upvotes
If I have more than one business, can I use this?
Nov 15, 2016
48 posts
43 upvotes
How does someone with a sole proprietorship verify their business?
Aug 20, 2018
352 posts
356 upvotes
EmpressLisaSu wrote: Got it. Verification is as simple as using a business credit card.
Expires Aug 14th...

Can't use code to buy next gen GPUs...
But maybe a 5800X3D? Or 5900X?
No business number/business forms required?
Apr 14, 2021
46 posts
10 upvotes
Does anyone know if there has been a better offer for Business orders in the past?
Oct 1, 2020
893 posts
2189 upvotes
DaiyaanAsad wrote: Does anyone know if there has been a better offer for Business orders in the past?
I remember the $250 off $1000 deal for back to business after Covid last year. Used that for my gaming comp lol. Now I can use this for a CPU upgrade maybe. This is by far the best deal. Don't have to spend $1k minimum, and a bigger % off.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4486 posts
692 upvotes
Toronto
Is it possible to to use this offer to buy an Xbox series x?
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Oct 1, 2020
893 posts
2189 upvotes
rui wrote: Is it possible to to use this offer to buy an Xbox series x?
Your business needs it for the rec room, right?
Aug 20, 2018
352 posts
356 upvotes
Thanks OP! Just got verified, now have to wait 72 hours for the code to become “active”, if I understand correctly
May 22, 2020
39 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Can I use a regular credit card to get verified? I don’t have a business credit card. Any other options please?
Also, if I use an existing account (email) that already has Prime, can I also have Business Prime? Not sure what’s the difference between “regular” prime and business prime.
Jun 16, 2009
316 posts
147 upvotes
Calgary
frostyfire22 wrote: Is it possible to buy an iPad with this? I am having troubles applying the code on any product because the purchase does not qualify although it is sold and shipped by amazon.
I'm having issues too trying to get a monitor with it even though it's "Shipped and Sold by Amazon"
It says it needs to be part of an eligible list of items but i can't find a specific list of what is...
Jun 28, 2022
4 posts
5 upvotes
I contacted Amazon and they told me to wait 72 hours after getting Amazon Business verified.
Dec 9, 2016
321 posts
246 upvotes
do i really need a business number? what if i don't have a bizness just a starter?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)