Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] [Amazon.ca] $265 (50% off) Anova Culinary | Sous Vide Precision Cooker Pro (WiFi)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2020 4:24 pm
[OP]
Dec 25, 2012
16 posts
11 upvotes
Markham

[Amazon.ca] [Amazon.ca] $265 (50% off) Anova Culinary | Sous Vide Precision Cooker Pro (WiFi)

Anova Culinary | Sous Vide Precision Cooker Pro (WiFi) | 1200 Watts | All Metal | Anova App Included

Not sure if this is any good, but seems to be the lowest price its ever been.
12 replies
Jun 14, 2011
400 posts
341 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Boycotting Anova with them cancelling everyone's order with a coupon code a few months ago
May 5, 2006
657 posts
101 upvotes
My Anova died after a several years of very light use (maybe 5x per year?) so I'll probably go inexpensive next time (like with the Instant Pot one)
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
2717 posts
1308 upvotes
Pothole city
The recipe book must be crazy awesome to justify that pile of cash for a water heater with a timer.
Paid 74$ shipped from Amazon few months ago for mine.

76$ Now
Aug 29, 2017
133 posts
52 upvotes
So the performance of pro and non-pro is just number of watts and cooking time? I’m newbie, so I’m trying which options suits me best. If non-pro is good for me then I can wait until that goes on sale for 50% on Prime day or BF
Dec 4, 2016
247 posts
111 upvotes
Pouyanem wrote: So the performance of pro and non-pro is just number of watts and cooking time? I’m newbie, so I’m trying which options suits me best. If non-pro is good for me then I can wait until that goes on sale for 50% on Prime day or BF
Honestly, if you don't need the Wifi and BT, just get a Instant Pot Accuslim. ANOVA customer service is a joke now, and they've hiked the prices up without any real benefit.
Dec 4, 2016
247 posts
111 upvotes
xXKEIXx wrote: Boycotting Anova with them cancelling everyone's order with a coupon code a few months ago

Yup, ended up getting an Accuslim, perfectly happy with it.
Aug 29, 2017
133 posts
52 upvotes
kithid wrote: Honestly, if you don't need the Wifi and BT, just get a Instant Pot Accuslim. ANOVA customer service is a joke now, and they've hiked the prices up without any real benefit.
I don’t think I care as much about BT/Wifi.
The App is just for recipe and controlling the device right? I don’t see the benefit, as I when I set the cooking time and finish time on the physical device (when I have to be physically present nevertheless) what additional benefit would app brings me?
Jul 20, 2014
18 posts
6 upvotes
Madden, AB
I bought the original anova for 180 on amazon years ago. It still works fine, and I use it ALOT, but I don't really use the wifi bits. The "buttons" are easier. Would not pay over 200 for this. Felt bad spending 180 on it.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3493 posts
1547 upvotes
Ontario
If the Wifi included filling the container with water and moving to meat from the fridge, I'd seriously consider getting the WIfi. Until then, the Wifi isn't useful for me.

I used the BT once to see what it did, but not since. I have the pre-Wifi model. Still works well.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Aug 16, 2015
813 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto, ON
xXKEIXx wrote: Boycotting Anova with them cancelling everyone's order with a coupon code a few months ago
They shipped mine - so there was a mix of people who got and who didn't get the better deal. Also, did you contact their customer service to ask what happened and what could be done?

And yes, there are cheaper alternatives now - I have no insight into what is better or what will last longer. My 900watt Anova wifi version from when it came out years ago is still going strong (only got the wifi version because it had a higher rated element as compared to the BT version - don't see the value in BT or wifi).
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26893 posts
12394 upvotes
If this was years ago when there was 2 companies selling these? Sure.

Today where the market is oversaturated with everyone and their dog selling them? Cold.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2354 posts
1462 upvotes
Montreal
kithid wrote: they've hiked the prices up without any real benefit.
Agreed. I got my Anova bluetooth sous-vide cooker a couple of years ago for 165$. This current price is a joke.