Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca - Amcrest HDSeries 720P WiFi Wireless IP Security Camera (Silver) - $75 no tax + fs

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2016 8:18 pm
[OP]
May 17, 2009
416 posts
954 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca - Amcrest HDSeries 720P WiFi Wireless IP Security Camera (Silver) - $75 no tax + fs

Amazon.ca has lightning deal on Amcrest HDSeries 720P WiFi Security IP Camera IPM-721S. It seems to have all of the functionality of ProHd series except 90 vs 85 viewing angle and 1920TVL (1080p) vs 1280TVL (720p).
Not a bad deal on 720P camera with tons of functionality for $75 no tax (effectively $66.40+tax):
Quick Second Setup
Wide 85° FOV
Remote Web Access from Smartphone or Tablet
Storage to MicroSD, NVR, or Amcrest Cloud
Pan and Tilt + Intelligent Digital Zoom
Night Vision Up to 32ft
Two-Way Talk
Smart Motion Alerts

16 replies
[OP]
May 17, 2009
416 posts
954 upvotes
Toronto
Fakespot.com? Never used this before, but seems to be a very useful tool. Thanks.

I have recently installed amcrest's 1080 version and it works flawlessly. I would think that similar quality should be expected from 720 camera... But can't vouch for 720 version as I do not own one.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1244 posts
615 upvotes
I suppose that it might be a decent deal if you don't want to order from Chinese Ali sellers but you can find good 4mp cameras for $100 + taxes there.
Oct 2, 2007
721 posts
246 upvotes
Montreal
I'm tempted as I missed out on the previous Amcrest deals (1080p indoor 94$ all in or outdoor) but I think I'll wait for another 1080p deals... ;) Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1767 posts
1341 upvotes
Ottawa
Just FYI, ordered this on Amazon before and returned it. I wanted to use it wirelessly, and while I could get the camera set up, the computer program and mobile apps are terribly written and a pain to use. I never figured out a way for it to save video on the local SD card slot, which is the main reason I returned it. That being said, video quality is great and it has good pan/tilt features.
Sep 11, 2012
168 posts
17 upvotes
Can this be used without internet or it depends on internet? Power source has to be on our it has batteries? Couldn't find that online, maybe I'm not using the correct terms.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6698 posts
2099 upvotes
Mississauga
Can I use like a baby monitor?
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3670 posts
946 upvotes
I have researched the Amcrest 1080p version and thought it was great. The software seems very well built despite what some Fakespot users are reporting. So I tried to test Fakespot on a Prime Day bestseller, the Instant Pot Duo 60. https://www.amazon.ca/Instant-Pot-IP-DU ... pot+duo+60 (1200+ reviews with a 4.5 star rating) and loved by so many food bloggers out there. Fakespot gave it a C as it detected low quality reviews: http://fakespot.com/product/instant-pot ... d-exterior

Not sure I trust Fakespot to be accurate.

Anyone else have comments on this? I may pick up the 720p version.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16565 posts
2283 upvotes
andersb wrote: I suppose that it might be a decent deal if you don't want to order from Chinese Ali sellers but you can find good 4mp cameras for $100 + taxes there.
Does it have Pan and Tilt?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3670 posts
946 upvotes
coolspot wrote:
andersb wrote: I suppose that it might be a decent deal if you don't want to order from Chinese Ali sellers but you can find good 4mp cameras for $100 + taxes there.
Years ago, I thought Pan and Tilt was the best feature ever. It is very useful indeed. But we are seeing some manufacturers come out with wide angle 130-180 degreee viewing angles. This would be more helpful than pan and tilt in my opinion. At least in what I want to monitor.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1244 posts
615 upvotes
coolspot wrote:
Why do you think that you need PTZ? It's something that is prone to breaking in cheaper models and "cheap" isn't really cheap at all even when you look at the PTZ products of Hikvision/Dahua.

Get a wide angle camera if you need one. Invest in a higher image quality model instead.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16565 posts
2283 upvotes
andersb wrote: Why do you think that you need PTZ? It's something that is prone to breaking in cheaper models and "cheap" isn't really cheap at all even when you look at the PTZ products of Hikvision/Dahua.

Get a wide angle camera if you need one. Invest in a higher image quality model instead.
Because it's nice to be able to focus the camera on a specific area of a room- i.e. watching the kids in the rec room ... cheap Pan and Tilt cameras work fine for indoor residential usage - they don't break all that often.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1445 posts
321 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I have the 1080p version of this cam and the software for it is miles better then my old Foscam 1080p, highly recommend.
Public Mobile $13/month
Fido 3GB data only plan