Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Amazon.ca: Aukey 12000 mAh Solar Charger Batter Pack - 21.99$...

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2017 1:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
13620 posts
178398 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca: Aukey 12000 mAh Solar Charger Batter Pack - 21.99$...

Hi there,

My friend wanted to get the same battery pack I got last year. However, I found the solar one on sale...

Well, for those who are going camping soon when the weather warms up (and the sun). *lol* Lowest price according to camel...
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01B4KJU7I

For those who don't camp, there is the ever popular 12000 mAh battery pack as well is on sale at 19.99$, too... Lucky for me! :D I need one...
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00LSKPLM8

Ju Leon...
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
4053 posts
3859 upvotes
Toronto
do you have a recommendation on the best portable charger for USB C devices?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1379 posts
1195 upvotes
North York
Perfect for those rfd members too cheap to pay for electricity.. Thanks.. I guess.
Jan 29, 2016
377 posts
526 upvotes
New Caledonia
Solar stuff this small is never even close to worth it. It just doesn't work.
HOT DEAL ALERT: 661,000 stolen emails, usernames and unencrypted passwords from a Canadian deals website, compromised due to administrator incompetence and general apathy towards users! Order now!
Banned
Jan 8, 2017
116 posts
14 upvotes
According to CCC Lowest price was $20.00.
So how do you think its lowest price ?
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2522 posts
1043 upvotes
Burnaby
Must take years for the solar power to charge. Leaving batteies in the sun is bad.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1911 posts
498 upvotes
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

My friend wanted to get the same battery pack I got last year. However, I found the solar one on sale...

Well, for those who are going camping soon when the weather warms up (and the sun). *lol* Lowest price according to camel...
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01B4KJU7I

For those who don't camp, there is the ever popular 12000 mAh battery pack as well is on sale at 19.99$, too... Lucky for me! :D I need one...
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00LSKPLM8

Ju Leon...
look like....
"Hi there,

Yeah, I was at the Bridge tonight, but my phone died.

Ju Leon...."
Banned
Apr 10, 2017
6 posts
20 upvotes
I took one of these solar units to South Africa in December hoping to not have to plug in my cell phone. Even in the African summer after two days of sun it charged my phone for 15 minutes and stopped. They are great as power banks if you charge them off the wall, but don't count on them giving your phone a full charge with sunlight alone.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
13620 posts
178398 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

I think the solar battery is mostly a backup. I don't think it's intended to charge your phone fully, but at least it's there if there is no way to charge your phone at all.

Yeah, I needed one for my Costco thread, but it's my cell phone battery itself that died, so I have to get another one. :(. Back to my old phone for now.

Ju Leon...
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10070 posts
1943 upvotes
Toronto
As others have pointed out, the solar panel on these battery banks do not charge the battery fast enough.

I have a 10,000 mAh Allpowers Solar charger battery bank, I left it indoors under the sun for the whole day. Firstly, it got hot from being under the sun, and at the end of the day, the battery remains no juice. Like nothing charged at all.

Just to prove the point, I even plugged this 10,000mAh bank into my Aukey 21W solar panel (3 panels), slapped it against my window, full sunlight for the entire day. Getting at least 4 hrs of direct sunlight. At the end of the day, it was like 1 out of 5 bars charged. Not enough to re-charge my smartphone battery to full (from 10%).

So, if a 3 panel solar charger cannot charge this bank, you cannot expect its built in (small) solar panel to do anything significant.

Your best bet to be a true RFD'er, bring your 12,000mAh bank to work, charge it there, then use it at home for your smartphones.