Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca: Beyond Grain Free Natural Wet Cat Food - 85 g (12 pack) - 8.98$ (with 5.00$ coupon + save extra 10% with S&S)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2019 9:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
12361 posts
146232 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca: Beyond Grain Free Natural Wet Cat Food - 85 g (12 pack) - 8.98$ (with 5.00$ coupon + save extra 10% with S&S)

Hi there,

For those who buy this stuff for cats... Best price I ever seen (Walmart sell it for 15.48$)...
https://www.amazon.ca/Beyond-Grain-Free ... 07P297FHH/

There is a 5.00$ coupon and you can save another 10% if you do have S&S...

Ju Leon...
9 replies
Sep 12, 2002
230 posts
125 upvotes
Canada
My cat is a fan of your hard work
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5694 posts
7123 upvotes
If this is your first time to order, you better only order one pack since you never know if your cat will eat it or not. If your cat does not consume it, then it is useless even it is free.
Jun 2, 2007
447 posts
505 upvotes
Markham
lcmt wrote: If this is your first time to order, you better only order one pack since you never know if your cat will eat it or not. If your cat does not consume it, then it is useless even it is free.
Spoken like a true cat owner. I've gotten free samples of a "premium" brand wet food at Petsmart, mine took a sniff and walked away.
Don't forget to like and subscribe! 😎👍
Jul 20, 2018
462 posts
397 upvotes
What's the quality like on these?

I'm currently feeding my cat Natural balance dry food for years because I know it's got good ingredients and he has a serious allergy to grain. I'm thinking I might switch him over to wet food so I'm curious if anyone has any advice on this brand.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5694 posts
7123 upvotes
Yes. Actually, for my dogs and cats, the better quality or healthier the food/treat, the less chance the pet will eat. I believe it is similar situation to human. Tasty and healthy/quality cannot live in the same space. That's why I normally don't stock up until my dog or cat will try at least a month. Sometimes, they like it at the beginning, but starting to lose interest after a month.
psyh wrote: Spoken like a true cat owner. I've gotten free samples of a "premium" brand wet food at Petsmart, mine took a sniff and walked away.
Apr 16, 2015
862 posts
506 upvotes
lcmt wrote: Yes. Actually, for my dogs and cats, the better quality or healthier the food/treat, the less chance the pet will eat. I believe it is similar situation to human. Tasty and healthy/quality cannot live in the same space. That's why I normally don't stock up until my dog or cat will try at least a month. Sometimes, they like it at the beginning, but starting to lose interest after a month.
My cat likes cheap Friskies wet cat food the best. You can buy for less than $.50 a can by the case at Costco.
Oct 26, 2010
916 posts
1306 upvotes
TURNIPtheBEET wrote: What's the quality like on these?

I'm currently feeding my cat Natural balance dry food for years because I know it's got good ingredients and he has a serious allergy to grain. I'm thinking I might switch him over to wet food so I'm curious if anyone has any advice on this brand.
One simple aspect when choosing a good cat food is to look at its ashes content.

Premium cat food tend to have trace amount of ash (< 1.5%), and ashes is a residue from inorganic component of the food source such as bones, that is not a desirable ingredient.

If you have time to compare the ashes content in different cat food, you'll find more details on it.

So to answer your question in short - Beyond Grain Free has 3.3% max ashes, Fancy Feast has 3.5% max, Petsmart Authority has 3% max, Wellness core has non listed, Natural Balance Cat LID Indoor (the brand that you are on) has none listed. You current brand's wet food is a much better choice than Beyond Grain free, but the BGF brand is not the worse.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4774 posts
2809 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
lcmt wrote: If this is your first time to order, you better only order one pack since you never know if your cat will eat it or not. If your cat does not consume it, then it is useless even it is free.
I usually use it like a meat spread for the kids lunch. Of course it's mainly for the cat, but when they don't like it, i save it for lunch instead.

Kid love it and don't see the difference with Paris paté spread.

I saw on many food blog that it's the same stuff anyway, just different label.

Thank op