Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Amazon.ca Black Friday Deals Are Now Live - Fire TV Stick 4K $34.99 + more great deals!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2019 9:13 am
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2525 posts
1046 upvotes
Burnaby
Was the 4k firestick a limited time item? I cant find the discounted one.

Edit: NM im ********.
Last edited by Psykopathik on Nov 22nd, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 4, 2017
358 posts
426 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote: No but perhaps I'm a bit out of touch with streaming in the home. Have been using a local storage hard drive hooked up to the network and use WD devices from a few years ago to stream films. I use the Oppo to stream 4K HDR content from an attached drive. Would like to get an all in one device that I could use to stream home content and paid services like Netflix, Disney+ etc.
Sideload CX File Explorer and you can access your local storage on the network and watch your movies.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
3454 posts
3971 upvotes
Surrey
Now I wish I didn't buy the Firestick 4K on Prime Day.
Oh well, nothing I can do about that now.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1556 posts
1391 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Any of those TV's a decent deal or should I wait for something else on Amazon? Wish the TCL's would drop down. I'd get a 32, a 43 or 49, and a 55. Probably come out to $700 total.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1021 posts
267 upvotes
Allen84 wrote: But OP has it starting today the 22nd for Amazon. What is Amazon trying to have us do,? Spam F5 to increase traffic to their site?
No . Amazon could use the traffic flow to project how many units will get ordered. Similar data science program has been used on tmall.com
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
need a smart phone for this to work or setup? Need to give credit card for setup?
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3172 posts
142 upvotes
Mississauga
hagbard wrote: need a smart phone for this to work or setup? Need to give credit card for setup?
If you are referring to the Fire Stick, all setup is done on the TV and no a credit card isn't needed for setup. Also if you have any Echo devices previously installed on your account, it is basically plug and play with all your account including WiFi already setup for you upon purchase.
Quitter
Nov 22, 2012
234 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
Just an FYI. For anyone looking at the fire tablet 8hd.

I picked up the 32gb version off Staples, with $25 off coupon, today. Coupon didn't work on the 10HD, so I stuck with the 8

Coupon code: 65957

Hasn't shipped yet, but worth a try.

I attached a screenshot for reference.

So basically it came out to $75
Images
  • Screenshot_20191123-091744.jpg
Aug 22, 2005
327 posts
245 upvotes
Ontario
I already know what the answer is likely going to be, but I have an older Roku Streaming Stick and Roku 3 (both purchased in 2014). We use them for Plex, YouTube, and Amazon Prime Video. The Roku 3 still performs pretty well, but the stick is VERY slow with YouTube. I understand that a native YouTube app is now available on Amazon devices. Is the 4k Fire stick going to be a noticeable upgrade for my Roku devices? I'm also interested in checking out IPTV.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2611 upvotes
Ungie wrote: I already know what the answer is likely going to be, but I have an older Roku Streaming Stick and Roku 3 (both purchased in 2014). We use them for Plex, YouTube, and Amazon Prime Video. The Roku 3 still performs pretty well, but the stick is VERY slow with YouTube. I understand that a native YouTube app is now available on Amazon devices. Is the 4k Fire stick going to be a noticeable upgrade for my Roku devices? I'm also interested in checking out IPTV.
Speaking from someone who used to exclusively use Rokus, the upgrade is definately worth it. I went from a Roku Premiere +, and a Roku Ultra, and prefer the Fire Stick in both cases. The only negative is the constant amazon ads and branding, but other than that you'll be satisfied, especially replacing the streaming stick
Jul 12, 2017
134 posts
269 upvotes
joshmxpx wrote: Speaking from someone who used to exclusively use Rokus, the upgrade is definately worth it. I went from a Roku Premiere +, and a Roku Ultra, and prefer the Fire Stick in both cases. The only negative is the constant amazon ads and branding, but other than that you'll be satisfied, especially replacing the streaming stick
The solution to the annoying amazon ads is a new Launcher.
HALauncher and ATV Launcher Pro are both popular choices.
Aug 22, 2005
327 posts
245 upvotes
Ontario
morty420 wrote: The solution to the annoying amazon ads is a new Launcher.
HALauncher and ATV Launcher Pro are both popular choices.
Do you still get ads if you're a Prime member?
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Blackmajik wrote: If you are referring to the Fire Stick, all setup is done on the TV and no a credit card isn't needed for setup. Also if you have any Echo devices previously installed on your account, it is basically plug and play with all your account including WiFi already setup for you upon purchase.
You have to have a smartphone to setup Echo. Still have an original Echo sitting in the box because I couldn't set it up since I don't have a smartphone. Bought a Roku and couldn't set it up without a credit card, took it back. Bought a TV which wouldn't let you set it up without having a TV signal, where I am, don't have it (wanted it to run DVDs/Blurays and streaming video). Took it back. Would like a dumb TV but no one sells them.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Feb 16, 2005
156 posts
75 upvotes
Vancouver
I have a Roku, and 2013 plasma tv with 5 speaker set up. Will the fire stick offer any advantages at all? Better 1080 video? Better audio? I don’t watch 4k. I have a 5g connection.
May 16, 2016
6 posts
2 upvotes
I'm interested in getting the Fire TV Stick 4K mainly for Kodi as my Samsung TV has Netflix, YouTube etc. My TV is connected via ethernet/wifi and I use the ethernet for faster streaming. My question is, can the Fire Stick work via the ethernet connected to the TV or do I need to buy the ethernet adapter and plug the cable into that instead of the TV?
Oct 25, 2009
701 posts
215 upvotes
Calgary
MercadorHG wrote: Same question, I wonder if there's an easy keyboard cover solution with it? I found only 2017 covers.

I'm debating if I should give my Surface to my wife and get a new laptop or buying her a new tablet (with a keyboard cover). Decision paralysis.
ANYBODY know a discount code that could work with the Fired HD 10"?? Tred all the ones i can find no luck, if i find one that does will i will post back, thanks ALL!!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
83trekker wrote: ANYBODY know a discount code that could work with the Fired HD 10"?? Tred all the ones i can find no luck, if i find one that does will i will post back, thanks ALL!!
There's isnt any discount codes that will make it even cheaper.
Oct 14, 2009
470 posts
83 upvotes
How is the Android gaming on the 4k firestick? Would a PS4 controller work with it?

I am hoping to play occasionally some Android games like Real Racing.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1215 posts
661 upvotes
timduncan wrote: How is the Android gaming on the 4k firestick? Would a PS4 controller work with it?

I am hoping to play occasionally some Android games like Real Racing.
Gaming is great, especially with emulators, PSX,n64,snes games will run smooth no issues
you will however find some android made games not work, especially if they are setup to require "touch" to get start menu or atleast I could never figure it out (I think final fantasy games for example)

havent used a ps4 controller but i bought a cheap no name bluetooth controller on amazon for $20 and it ran everything perfect with no lag so id imagine ps4 controller should perform ok.