Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca Black Friday Deals Are Now Live - Fire TV Stick 4K $34.99 + more great deals!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2019 9:13 am
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2916 posts
2530 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Amazon actually says mine isn't supposed to arrive until Sunday even though I ordered it around 2 am this morning. So that's not even 2-day shipping that's 3-day lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5931 posts
1722 upvotes
Scarborough
After doing some research, this deal becomes really good if you're willing to tinker around and sideload apps... It's just a tool that you can use, primarily for Amazon tv content, but can be used for other things as well. Face Without Mouth
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1927 posts
847 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
chemicalxv wrote: Amazon actually says mine isn't supposed to arrive until Sunday even though I ordered it around 2 am this morning. So that's not even 2-day shipping that's 3-day lol.
I only use Amazon for 2-day prime shipping and I even notice that Amazon Prime shipping is taking longer these days compared to past years, sometimes as long as 4 days (even when it's prime shipping). If it's going to take that long then there's little value for me to continue my Amazon Prime membership (I care less about the other features) when "free shipping" will take about the same time. Luckily I am on a month-to-month basis, so I can opt out anytime.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3946 posts
859 upvotes
Hamilton
Cjohnson202 wrote: Echo Show 5 is down to $64.99 but the deal for the $70 Show/Dot combo isn't live yet. That's the one I want.
if you're going for the $65 show 5 I'd say the show 8 at $90 is a no brainer.
bigger and much better speakers.
Jul 5, 2017
364 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
someone posted about a youtube guy that posts firestick tips/tricks/sideloading. Anyone have his channel name? Can't find it
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2916 posts
2530 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
AsianXL wrote: I only use Amazon for 2-day prime shipping and I even notice that Amazon Prime shipping is taking longer these days compared to past years, sometimes as long as 4 days (even when it's prime shipping). If it's going to take that long then there's little value for me to continue my Amazon Prime membership (I care less about the other features) when "free shipping" will take about the same time. Luckily I am on a month-to-month basis, so I can opt out anytime.
Yeah like honestly my last 4 shipments have all arrived a day later than they were supposed to and I have no idea what's going on. Didn't they end their practice of giving out free months of Prime for late shipments? Probably explains a lot.
Oct 24, 2018
292 posts
265 upvotes
I'd just like to say a collective thank you to everyone who has participated in this thread with opinions and advice. Not only has it helped me decide to buy a couple 4K Fire Sticks but there is solid info about usage and setup of the device.

Cheers!
Oct 24, 2018
292 posts
265 upvotes
mikesanity wrote: someone posted about a youtube guy that posts firestick tips/tricks/sideloading. Anyone have his channel name? Can't find it
First page of the thread, "newtechevolution".

I found it really useful too.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2003
2538 posts
378 upvotes
Noticed that they have a couple of microSD cards on sale.

Sandisk 64 GB for $14
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073JY ... EEQB&psc=1

Samsung EVO Plus for $15
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B073W5ZGSR/ref ... =UTF8&th=1

Is the Evo Plus a better buy because it is a U3? I couldn't find the write speeds for the Sandisk, whereas a U3 guarantees nothing less than 30MB?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
1995 posts
1312 upvotes
It is now 8% cash back on Amazon devices on Amazon from Rakuten.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2012 posts
1331 upvotes
Ottawa
Allen84 wrote: It is now 8% cash back on Amazon devices on Amazon from Rakuten.
Hmmm, should I try canceling my FireTV Stick 4K order from earlier today, and then reorder? Not sure if the $1.50 or whatever is worth the hassle actually...
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
1995 posts
1312 upvotes
cappaj wrote: Hmmm, should I try canceling my FireTV Stick 4K order from earlier today, and then reorder? Not sure if the $1.50 or whatever is worth the hassle actually...
Hmmm. I think I'm wrong. It might be US Rakuten.
Dec 20, 2012
577 posts
378 upvotes
Surrey
Allen84 wrote: It is now 8% cash back on Amazon devices on Amazon from Rakuten.
Where do you see that? I only see upto 6%
Dec 28, 2006
817 posts
296 upvotes
The 2 shoppers drug marts next to my house both have firestick 4k on the shelves, so I'll just wait til morning to grab them there, and be able to use bonus redemption points