Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca Black Friday Deals Are Now Live - Fire TV Stick 4K $34.99 + more great deals!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2019 9:13 am
Nov 25, 2019
19 posts
10 upvotes
Penticton, BC
Niklasky wrote: I ordered my firestick 4k on Thursday afternoon, it was delivered to my door on Friday morning.
it is now 4 full days and nothing delivered yet to me. Last shipping update was on thursday night saying the item arrived in Vancouver; nothing since that time. :rolleyes: Next time I am going to have it delivered to Canada Post office vs sent to our home. I cant be home all day tomorrow
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17943 posts
25050 upvotes
ONTARIO
Damn they must have too many orders to fulfill. I got my kindle oasis on Saturday but forgot to buy a case for it.

Just ordered one now and despite 2 day delivery shipping, it says delivery won't be till next Friday.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1662 posts
257 upvotes
Niklasky wrote: I ordered my firestick 4k on Thursday afternoon, it was delivered to my door on Friday morning.
Same. Been enjoying it for the last few days. Really like it.

EDIT: Actually I placed the order Thursday at 6:30am and it arrived Thursday evening.
adamm
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1723 posts
298 upvotes
BeapChastard wrote: Lots of free stuff. TubiTV is a popular one. Also apps from Global, CTV, CBC.
Can you watch live tv from Global, CTV, CBC with the app or just stream tv shows ?
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3304 posts
976 upvotes
Imagine a Black Friday Amazon thread where 3/4s of the discussion is around a media stick.

What has happened to the damn deals?
Jun 21, 2011
717 posts
78 upvotes
YYZ
VanceMendoza wrote: Imagine a Black Friday Amazon thread where 3/4s of the discussion is around a media stick.

Its because of the price. If it was more than 80 no one would have bought it.
May 7, 2007
397 posts
131 upvotes
Peterborough
sylvestor2002 wrote: Can you watch live tv from Global, CTV, CBC with the app or just stream tv shows ?
Live as well as streaming. No need for cable anymore
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1165 posts
176 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
toprodcr wrote: Live as well as streaming. No need for cable anymore
Doesn't the CTV app still require you to have a Bell cable subscription? CBC GEM app works great for any CBC station in Canada. Global I haven't tried.
"The world has moved on."
Roland the Gunslinger
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1213 posts
692 upvotes
Markham
should I always use a VPN when streaming from these various IPTV sites like Tubi ? Notice quite a few movies on Tubi and makes me wonder if they are legit or...
Apr 14, 2017
615 posts
540 upvotes
savemoresaveoften wrote: should I always use a VPN when streaming from these various IPTV sites like Tubi ? Notice quite a few movies on Tubi and makes me wonder if they are legit or...
Only if you upload as well.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3834 posts
1275 upvotes
Ajax
VanceMendoza wrote: Imagine a Black Friday Amazon thread where 3/4s of the discussion is around a media stick.

That is the damn deal. lol
Aug 20, 2011
60 posts
414 upvotes
Montreal
savemoresaveoften wrote: should I always use a VPN when streaming from these various IPTV sites like Tubi ? Notice quite a few movies on Tubi and makes me wonder if they are legit or...
Tubi is legit. You do not need VPN for Tubi in Canada, unless I am wrong and some movies are geo locked.
Tubi is an American streaming service based in San Francisco, California, United States, that launched in 2014. It is a free, ad-supported service, with advertisements shown during unskippable commercial breaks during programming. Link to Wiki
Jan 14, 2010
258 posts
188 upvotes
GTA
If anyone got an extra firetv that they are willing to sell to me @ cost +$5, please send me a message. Can meet in Vaughan mills area.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9274 posts
1478 upvotes
Victoria
Ctrl-Z wrote: Doesn't the CTV app still require you to have a Bell cable subscription? CBC GEM app works great for any CBC station in Canada. Global I haven't tried.
Yah the CTV one has a locking icon over the livestreams. It's too bad. It would be awesome if all the OTA stations in Canada streamed their channels for free (making money from the ads). I love how CBC livestreams their channels for free.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1940 posts
853 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
zod wrote: I love how CBC livestreams their channels for free.
Well, it is publicly funded. The rest are not.