Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca Black Friday Deals Are Now Live - Fire TV Stick 4K $34.99 + more great deals!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2019 9:13 am
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5934 posts
589 upvotes
Is anyone else having issues with casting to the fire stick? I have to restart the Fire stick every time to get it to work? Did I get a dud?
Nov 25, 2019
19 posts
10 upvotes
Penticton, BC
Looks like both fire sticks at normal price now.
Jan 12, 2007
258 posts
124 upvotes
Dunderhead wrote: The power cable for the Fire Stick is ridiculously short. It's making me so angry. How is anyone with a mounted tv supposed to reach a power bar on the floor with this piece of garbage?!!! Aghh!!!!
LOL I agree
Since it's a std micro usb cable you can buy longer length cables if required.
I tried using the USB port behind my TV as well but I wasn't sure if that was a good idea. Seemed to work though...
Jan 28, 2002
614 posts
77 upvotes
Why did I wait so long to order? Price for firestick 4K is back up. Anyone in East in of TO want to sell for cost?? Please PM me. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2015 posts
1332 upvotes
Ottawa
ktokes12 wrote: Use a HDMI Female to HDMI Female Adapter Coupler. Plug the Firestick to the power bar on the floor and use this on one end of the Firestick and use another hdmi cable to the TV.

Instead of a coupler + hdmi cable, I bought a single male to female HDMI extension cable:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01D5H90L4
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1954 posts
860 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Which launcher works best for the Firestick 4K?
The default launcher sucks if you're not a Prime user.
Nov 24, 2007
103 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
Also looking for Firestick 4K if anyone in north GTA is willing to let it go at cost?

TIA

**Edit got them from member @junkguy1337 . Thanks!!
Last edited by smileswithadimple on Dec 4th, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 8, 2010
263 posts
36 upvotes
Brampton
How do I stream my video from my cloud WD to stick. I don't c any option to stream
Nov 27, 2013
200 posts
54 upvotes
Deal is over, watch stock will become available soon for all the new orders lol
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1447 posts
631 upvotes
MB
mannat25 wrote: How do I stream my video from my cloud WD to stick. I don't c any option to stream
screen mirroring is in the settings, go to Display & Sound and enable Display Mirroring. You can also just hold down the home button on the remote and it will bring up some options.
Last edited by ktokes12 on Dec 4th, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1447 posts
631 upvotes
MB
If people want to use a wired internet connection you could use this, and if you add a usb hub you can hook up a mouse, keyboard, usb stick. etc.

Your text to link here...

Jun 8, 2019
206 posts
320 upvotes
how did you guys load your Amazon Fire stick? with what apps? You put Kodi or no?
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido. [removed solicitation]
Apr 20, 2015
26 posts
13 upvotes
Montr
roedoe wrote: how did you guys load your Amazon Fire stick? with what apps? You put Kodi or no?
Look on YouTube for videos explaining how to load it. It has to be side loaded. It's not officially on Amazon store... Might void warranty... Not sure. I decided not to install... Using VLC which connects to my raspberri pi