Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Amazon.ca - Blue Yeti USB Microphone (Midnight Blue) - $118.91

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2020 3:13 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2569 posts
1818 upvotes
Waterloo

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca - Blue Yeti USB Microphone (Midnight Blue) - $118.91

Amazon.ca has the Blue Yeti USB microphone in stock (delivery by May 12) and on sale for $118.91

Very well reviewed microphone. Not an all-time low price, but microphones and webcams have been in high demand during these times, so a sale on these with them also being in stock is pretty good!

https://www.amazon.ca/Blue-Microphones- ... 072&sr=8-2
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
13 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1325 posts
1288 upvotes
Pretty great price actually, for a very well reviewed mic. I just bought the Nano last week for $130.

Previously, the Blue was on sale for $150, but the usual price is $175.
Dec 4, 2017
448 posts
614 upvotes
Whitby
Looks good and solid. And I need one... but still so expensive for my play funny time need.
Thanks OP.
Apr 11, 2019
331 posts
372 upvotes
pretty good deal, all time low is 100 apparently. i got mine a few years ago around this price.

theres a lot of reviews on youtube. but tl;dw these mics are wasted. they're basically the same as $50 mics, with extra features that suck so you won't want to use those extra features. they do what other $50 mics do perfectly though. and they look super nice.

basically they aren't bad, but just overpriced even at sale price. i don't regret my purchase though. looks for my set up is important to me. BUT it takes a bit of setting up if you're planning to use these for conference calls and stuff. like all decent mics, the quality is great, but they pick up EVERYTHING in the background. there are ways to reduce it. but if your home office is in a loud area, everyone will hear everything in the background crystal clear.
Public Mobile
May 4, 2006
140 posts
46 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
I'm seeing regular price for some reason
Oct 3, 2019
85 posts
103 upvotes
kiukiumoar wrote: like all decent mics, the quality is great, but they pick up EVERYTHING in the background. there are ways to reduce it. but if your home office is in a loud area, everyone will hear everything in the background crystal clear.
Picking up all audio isn't the sign of a quality microphone. It's the characteristic of a condenser microphone that may or may not be good quality. If you have an untreated room or noisy home, buy a dynamic microphone. Samson Q2U, Audio Technica ATR2100x-USB, AT2005-USB etc are options if you need something usb powered. I bought a refurb ATR2100-USB from BestBuy a few months ago for $60 and it appears to still be around for $10 more.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/au ... d/14417532
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
I remember some people paying $55 or something during a price error, I was jealous because I paid 80 years ago.

$120 seems like a good price, I wouldn’t have minded a darker color.

I sometimes use headphones to monitor the sound to avoid echo during webex
Last edited by warpdrive on Apr 27th, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Mar 10, 2011
570 posts
501 upvotes
Niagara
kiukiumoar wrote: pretty good deal, all time low is 100 apparently. i got mine a few years ago around this price.

theres a lot of reviews on youtube. but tl;dw these mics are wasted. they're basically the same as $50 mics, with extra features that suck so you won't want to use those extra features. they do what other $50 mics do perfectly though. and they look super nice.

basically they aren't bad, but just overpriced even at sale price. i don't regret my purchase though. looks for my set up is important to me. BUT it takes a bit of setting up if you're planning to use these for conference calls and stuff. like all decent mics, the quality is great, but they pick up EVERYTHING in the background. there are ways to reduce it. but if your home office is in a loud area, everyone will hear everything in the background crystal clear.
Do you have links to the $50 mics that you considered just as good without the frills. I'd really look at those since I'm only an occasional user.
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)
Apr 11, 2019
331 posts
372 upvotes
3digit wrote: Picking up all audio isn't the sign of a quality microphone. It's the characteristic of a condenser microphone that may or may not be good quality. If you have an untreated room or noisy home, buy a dynamic microphone. Samson Q2U, Audio Technica ATR2100x-USB, AT2005-USB etc are options if you need something usb powered. I bought a refurb ATR2100-USB from BestBuy a few months ago for $60 and it appears to still be around for $10 more.

sorry, my wording was incorrect there. you're right. i just meant decent mic -> great quality. the part about picking up everything is an entirely different thought for the work at home part.
Public Mobile
Banned
Sep 19, 2012
453 posts
770 upvotes
Edmonton
kiukiumoar wrote: pretty good deal, all time low is 100 apparently. i got mine a few years ago around this price.
This model is like ten years old and has gone on sale below $100 many times.
Last edited by mikered14 on Apr 27th, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 23, 2018
321 posts
642 upvotes
Montreal, QC
You can use the new Nvidia RTX Voice software if you want to remove the condenser microphone background noises (you have to use a RTX GPU but it's also possible to use it with a GTX1000+).
3digit wrote: Picking up all audio isn't the sign of a quality microphone. It's the characteristic of a condenser microphone that may or may not be good quality. If you have an untreated room or noisy home, buy a dynamic microphone. Samson Q2U, Audio Technica ATR2100x-USB, AT2005-USB etc are options if you need something usb powered. I bought a refurb ATR2100-USB from BestBuy a few months ago for $60 and it appears to still be around for $10 more.

Did you plug yours via USB or do you use an XLR audio interface ? If you are using it via USB, is the sound loud enough ? Asking because I was looking for a dynamic microphone for games/discord but I didn't want to spend much money in an audio interface.
Jan 19, 2019
78 posts
68 upvotes
jadzzz wrote: You can use the new Nvidia RTX Voice software if you want to remove the condenser microphone background noises (you have to use a RTX GPU but it's also possible to use it with a GTX1000+).

Did you plug yours via USB or do you use an XLR audio interface ? If you are using it via USB, is the sound loud enough ? Asking because I was looking for a dynamic microphone for games/discord but I didn't want to spend much money in an audio interface.
I'm using a Samson Q2U USB and there's no need for gain or amps in USB mode. I recall YT Channel Podcastage has some audio tests with the Q2U and other USB Mics (and with XLR if available). He's great for comparing microphones, looking at budget options, recording tips etc.
Dec 26, 2016
125 posts
123 upvotes

omg thank you so much. I wanted a Q2U but it is pretty much only available on Amazon and now it's sold out (was waiting for a sale lol). I was looking into a ATR2100 and they are 150 on Amazon so this is perfect!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)