Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca - Crest Charcoal Toothpaste 3D White 90ml -$3 (reg $4.98) Prime free shipping

[OP]
Jul 17, 2019
117 posts
196 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca - Crest Charcoal Toothpaste 3D White 90ml -$3 (reg $4.98) Prime free shipping

Was: $4.98
Price: $3.00 ($0.03 / milliliter)
You Save: $1.98 (40%)

Free shipping with Amazon Prime.

Has decent reviews. Great price if someone wants to try this.

Also the same price at Walmart if you can find stock - https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=5610008064

Also on sale at $4.99 (Reg. $6.99) at London Drugs but Amazon price is still better.

The formula with charcoal brightens teeth by removing surface stains.
Gentle whitening toothpaste.
Remineralizing black and white striped toothpaste that strengthens weakened tooth enamel.
Contains fluoride to fight cavities.
Long-lasting cooling sensation with invigorating mint flavour.
12 replies
Aug 21, 2019
544 posts
364 upvotes
BC
I heard charcoal is bad for your teeth because it grinds the enamel over many years.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1407 posts
1607 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I have this toothpaste. I bought it from Costco when it was on sale a while back. It doesn't really make your teeth as sensitive as other whitening toothpastes (especially 3D ones), but I instead noticed it's harder on my gums. Overall decent toothpaste, but everyone has a preferred one. Just figured you all should know.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Nov 23, 2004
863 posts
1522 upvotes
Ontario
Tried to pull the best tl;dr summary I could find out of the PDF for anyone not looking to read in full:
The results showed increasing Ra values for all treatment groups after brushing for the equivalent
of one month and three months. A tooth’s rough enamel would be a strategic place for bacteria to
adhere to the tooth’s surface. The presence of bacteria in the oral cavity is one of the causes of high
caries and periodontal disease risk [8]. The threshold value for Ra that might cause the retention of
bacteria is 0.2 μm [8]. An Ra value above the threshold would be a strategic place for bacterial growth
and the accumulation of plaque causing a high risk of caries and periodontitis [8].

Based on the research that has been done, after brushing for the equivalent of one month, the Ra
values of the three groups were still below the threshold. However, after brushing for the equivalent of
three months, the Ra value of Charcoal® Formula toothpaste crossed the threshold of bacterial
retention. The increased Ra value nearly doubled from the initial roughness. Therefore, people need to
reconsider the use of toothpastes containing charcoal for the long term (more than three months)
Dec 24, 2006
756 posts
103 upvotes
I heard that coconut oil toothpaste makes your teeth more white.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1674 posts
1052 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: Tried to pull the best tl;dr summary I could find out of the PDF for anyone not looking to read in full:
Thanks for doing that!
BatmanDeals wrote: Meh, sounds like how car manufacturers recommend 120,000km Transmission fluid changes. I don't think so, Colgate.
I thought they were sealed systems and didn't need fluid changes? Lifetime fluid.
Winking Face
[OP]
Jul 17, 2019
117 posts
196 upvotes
LBJackal wrote: Most toothpastes have fluoride in them. So does most tap water. That doesn't change the fact that charcoal is bad for your teeth.
I saw the deal on Amazon and posted it here. I did not make this product and nor do I have any intention of up selling it. I have used it and found it to be effective so I shared it on RFD. If you don’t like it, scroll past and move on.
Oct 21, 2005
711 posts
595 upvotes
Sam2127 wrote: I saw the deal on Amazon and posted it here. I did not make this product and nor do I have any intention of up selling it. I have used it and found it to be effective so I shared it on RFD. If you don’t like it, scroll past and move on.
No, I think I'll continue to let people know about the harm from using products that are promoted on here. If you want to keep using it, or other people want to, that's fine. But people should know about what they're using.