Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca: Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc Gas Powered Handheld Blower $129.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2019 11:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1984 posts
951 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca: Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc Gas Powered Handheld Blower $129.99

hey all

Great price for a 2 cycle leaf blower and it comes with 7 years warranty (for consumers, not commercial users), it works AWESOME on snow too, i own this blower and it blows and clears up the snow on the windshield / driveway without hiccups or issues.
blower link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003VY ... UTF8&psc=1
it's no brainer for $129... to be delivered by Oct, perfect timing for yard cleaning.

P.S.: for those who dont have gas blower, u need to get this mixture and mix with your gas (i use shell v power unleaded fuel) Hope it helps u all.
mixture link: https://www.amazon.ca/Hitachi-110003-Pe ... QGV9YTFZ1N
26 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2807 posts
1260 upvotes
Toronto
Read title as “Hitachi gas powered handheld” and was wondering who they built this model for. Then I realized it wasn’t the personal handheld device they are so well know for...
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3211 posts
1566 upvotes
I've had a hitachi string trimmer for 7-8 years and it has been bullet proof. If I didn't already have a blower, I would strongly consider this one.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26271 posts
4556 upvotes
Hamilton
Came in expecting a wand.
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Feb 7, 2016
312 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have this unit and would recommend to avoid this product!!!!

The fuel lines started to crack after a year and one of return fuel line disconnected from the fuel cap....

Terrible
Feb 7, 2016
312 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I can provide pictures to you shortly today for those who don't believe..
Aug 3, 2012
393 posts
183 upvotes
AURORA
DCanadaS wrote: I have this unit and would recommend to avoid this product!!!!
The fuel lines started to crack after a year and one of return fuel line disconnected from the fuel cap....
Did you use ethanol-free gas? That is what is best for all outdoor power equipment.
Feb 7, 2016
312 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto, ON
homeowner72 wrote: Did you use ethanol-free gas? That is what is best for all outdoor power equipment.
87 Octane Gasoline..
Apr 7, 2011
689 posts
514 upvotes
ottawa
Use a rake ffs. burning gas cause you're plain lazy is not cool! The number of times I see people blowing their shit all over the road so it's someone else's problem
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1984 posts
951 upvotes
Toronto
DCanadaS wrote: I have this unit and would recommend to avoid this product!!!!

Terrible
sorry to hear. did you claim for warranty? it has extensive warranty up to 7 years for residential use.
Last edited by woolo on Sep 9th, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4920 posts
1455 upvotes
Vancouver
i have the same one and it was working fine for 2 yrs but now it wont start up; i have to hold the button down and pull the rope to turn it on. The 7 yr warranty is horrible from what i read
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1984 posts
951 upvotes
Toronto
hesp wrote: i have the same one and it was working fine for 2 yrs but now it wont start up; i have to hold the button down and pull the rope to turn it on. The 7 yr warranty is horrible from what i read
mine is still going strong for the 3rd year.

may i know what gas and mixture u use? Push the primer bulb in and release it slowly around 6 to 8 times before u pull the rope.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4920 posts
1455 upvotes
Vancouver
woolo wrote: mine is still going strong for the 3rd year.

may i know what gas and mixture u use? Push the primer bulb in and release it slowly around 6 to 8 times before u pull the rope.
i use it based on the manual ; yup i followed the instructions to the t. all well ; at least it works but in a strange way
Jan 13, 2012
261 posts
279 upvotes
Vancouver
DCanadaS wrote: 87 Octane Gasoline..
Yeah, that's why you had problems. You need to use ethanol free gas in small motors as the fuel lines/carbs/etc... get eaten by ethanol in regular gasoline as you found out to your detriment.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)