• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 4:31 pm
[OP]
Feb 22, 2015
4 posts
32 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Amazon.ca] [amazon.ca] jamieson multivitamin for Men - $7.68

This particular multivitamin appears to be on sale on amazon.
good as a filler too if you need $35 for free shipping
the other types (ie. adult, women, etc) do not seem to have the same discount
22 replies
Mar 1, 2012
819 posts
545 upvotes
Great price. Cheaper with S&S. Thanks, OP.
Feb 17, 2014
120 posts
208 upvotes
Calgary
I wonder if the expiry is soon and that's why it's discounted so much.
May 2, 2017
546 posts
844 upvotes
yycguy1 wrote: I wonder if the expiry is soon and that's why it's discounted so much.
Not usually discounted due to exp dates. Its due to price matching vs other stores. If it were to expire soon, it will be sold in the warehouse.

The no tax though, i have no clue. Some products on amazon do sell without taxes...
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1110 posts
229 upvotes
Oshawa
Seanne wrote: Not usually discounted due to exp dates. Its due to price matching vs other stores. If it were to expire soon, it will be sold in the warehouse.

The no tax though, i have no clue. Some products on amazon do sell without taxes...
I'm perplexed by the tax situation with Amazon. I thought it was weird how my order for a couple fans for example didn't get hit with tax, but a couple days later I ordered some lotion and it was. Although I want to see I've seen this before and Amazon can adjust for the taxes once the order ships. I miss the days old days of PST/GST when online orders coming from outside of Ontario weren't hit with tax.
May 8, 2013
545 posts
514 upvotes
London
the 225 pack of equate multis at walmart is regular price nearly the exact same as this deal on subscribe and save, technically like .3 of a penny difference in favour of this jamieson per pill...

is it any better quality or something?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4420 posts
1640 upvotes
Such a non fan of multivitamins.

IMO aim for at least...
Vitamin D (especially in winter)
Zinc (take with food. Good for libido, but other than that I find it's good for recovering from sickness/prevention).
Magnesium (various forms so do your research, but I use the energy boosting one and feel it helps)

Not for everyone, but I like Niacin for that nice tingly flush.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
8498 posts
3552 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks. Vitamins are very important... 1 a day. You definitely don't get enough in your food, and also not enough vitamins in your multi-vitamin, so you can supplement it with other stand-alone vitamins
Jan 27, 2015
310 posts
374 upvotes
King City, ON
As with any multivitamin, make sure you need everything that's in there. For example, if you have too much iron, or hemochromatosis, like one in 300 or 80 000 Canadians do, this can seriously hurt and eventually kill you. I believe there are multivitamins with no iron available.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
1740 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
yycguy1 wrote: I wonder if the expiry is soon and that's why it's discounted so much.
I noticed the ones at Superstore today, selling at the same price, were expiring in July 2020. I really hope what I ordered from Amazon gives me a lot more shelf life.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3263 posts
2039 upvotes
Toronto
Price is not bad especially since it's shipped to you. In comparison the Kirkland Men's vitamins (and senior men's) is $19.99 for 365 tablets in store and I think it drops on sale to $16.99 sometimes.
Dec 14, 2018
175 posts
103 upvotes
BC
Costco sells multivitamins for less than 0.06 each, these are 0.09! Pick them up in the store and on sale, they are even cheaper. Costco has many different vitamins at much cheaper prices than anywhere else and Jamieson products are way over priced.
Last edited by mjtree on May 25th, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 21, 2011
13 posts
1 upvote
St. John's
I've tried to research the benefits of multivitamins in the past, and couldn't really nail down a firm consensus. But from what I read, I came to the conclusion that they, at best, don't do anything beneficial for your body. And, at worst, can be harmful.
Mar 1, 2012
819 posts
545 upvotes
mjtree wrote: Costco sells multivitamins for less than 0.06 each, these are 0.09! Pick them up in the store and on sale, they are even cheaper. Costco has many different vitamins at much cheaper prices than anywhere else and Jamieson products are way over priced.
Costco multis use animal sourced gelatin. I can't consume that. Jamieson is one of the few multis on the market with full coverage and good price on sale (like this).