Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Amazon.ca Philips Beard Trimmers Limited Time Deal 24.99/44.99 (32%&46% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2019 9:42 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2010
2572 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto
I would personally avoid anything with a vacuum. They just seem to get in the way making it more difficult when doing clean lines. They also seem to break/become weak very quickly.

Perhaps it was just the old model I had but the benefit is not great enough. The multigroom line is better.
[OP]
Jun 1, 2013
81 posts
34 upvotes
Merc with a Mouth wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2019 9:41 am
I would personally avoid anything with a vacuum. They just seem to get in the way making it more difficult when doing clean lines. They also seem to break/become weak very quickly.

Perhaps it was just the old model I had but the benefit is not great enough. The multigroom line is better.
I keep short stubble and the multigroom line only goes down to 1mm. I like the .5mm that the beard trimmers do.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2725 posts
1532 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
TorontoTrashPanda wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2019 7:27 am
The battery life on Phillips trimmers is horrible. After about 1.5 years, they can barely hold a charge.
^^Thisi^^

I wish that they were corded trimmers. Or at least had a battery that could be easily changed.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2725 posts
1532 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
blackston3 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2019 9:40 am
Probably left it on the charge 24/7 until the battery was ruined
This shouldn't happen with a properly designed charging system. Leaving it plugged in shouldn't bugger the battery.
It's not like this cutting edge, proprietary technology.
Jul 21, 2016
493 posts
759 upvotes
Leask
TorontoTrashPanda wrote:
The battery life on Phillips trimmers is horrible. After about 1.5 years, they can barely hold a charge.
I sold philips beard trimmer for 5 years.. first time I hear this. You are not leaving it on charge 24/24 are you?
Apr 26, 2019
176 posts
258 upvotes
Markham, ON
InvaIid wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2019 10:37 am
I sold philips beard trimmer for 5 years.. first time I hear this. You are not leaving it on charge 24/24 are you?
No, I didn't. I had the TT2040 body groomer and battery went downhill (practically needed a charge after a 10 minute use) after 1.5 years. Bought the same device again since it worked well for me and same experience with the battery (which is not replaceable).
Jul 21, 2016
493 posts
759 upvotes
Leask
TorontoTrashPanda wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2019 10:42 am
No, I didn't. I had the TT2040 body groomer and battery went downhill (practically needed a charge after every 15 use) after 1.5 years. Bought the same device again since it worked well for me and same experience with the battery (which is not replaceable).
15 use is a lot, that is really correct to be honest.. you don't shave 15 time a day...
Apr 26, 2019
176 posts
258 upvotes
Markham, ON
InvaIid wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2019 10:56 am
15 use is a lot, that is really correct to be honest.. you don't shave 15 time a day...
Yeah, it was a typo that I corrected. I meant to say every 15 minute use (probably closer to 10 these days since I just trim my beard and neck now).
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3339 posts
1861 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
I assume for those of us with actual beards it captures like 1% hair?
---
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1774 posts
1807 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kanechart wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2019 12:27 pm
I assume for those of us with actual beards it captures like 1% hair?
Those of you with actual beards never shave in the first place ;)

But yeah, even with my puby looking facial hair, it doesn't catch about 50%
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
17545 posts
2865 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoTrashPanda wrote:
Yep. I just tossed out my multigroom because the battery died after about 30 seconds on a full charge.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1446 posts
486 upvotes
Montreal
blackston3 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2019 8:58 am
One of the two plastic tabs of the head that go into the unit right?

Give them a call, they replaced it under warranty for me last week. Shipping was extremely quick from America - about 2 days FedEx for such a baby small part. Also, they've modified the head now (I guess after a billion complaints) - there's like a lever now between the tab, so that it doesn't bend and snap.

I have this vacuum beard trimmer since November 2017. The vacuum was weak and hair clippings still fall into the sink, however for an older person like my father, it's great as he does not have to worry about making a huge mess. Battery I agree with you greatly. I single charge holds up about a 4ish weeks worth of shaving (brothers and father using it too).

Love the adjustable comb option for smooth and even shaving. Really helps for head hair when the barber's cut needs a correction or you have one side with a bit too much hair and need to cut the height accurately
thanks, called them and theyll be sending a new...hopefully its the right one as the guy on phone seemed confused
Apr 18, 2005
306 posts
94 upvotes
Vancouver
For anyone who's concerned with battery longevity, make sure you get one that has a Li-Ion battery. They're much better. My Multigroom with Li-Ion battery is still going strong after about 4 years.