• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2019 1:37 pm
Jan 17, 2010
800 posts
260 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
jellytime wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 1:16 am
If I were you, I would apply for the Tangering credit card. It's far better than this card.
Pls elabrate why Tangering CC would be better than Amazon CC in the context of Amazon online shopping. Unless you have and only have one cedit card, I don't see any negative impact of owning an dedicated Amazon CC... Same logic for Trigangle card for CT/Sportchek, TD aeroplan card for flight tickets, etc. etc. More than one CCs is always better than only one provided they do not ding your credit score...
Aug 1, 2010
784 posts
479 upvotes
roedoe wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 1:42 am
Not a good deal unless you are planning to spend $3000 at Amazon, but how is that possible???
A lot of people buy a ton of things from Amazon nowadays, including me. Very possible
Aug 1, 2010
784 posts
479 upvotes
cheney wrote:
Pls elabrate why Tangering CC would be better than Amazon CC in the context of Amazon online shopping. Unless you have and only have one cedit card, I don't see any negative impact of owning an dedicated Amazon CC... Same logic for Trigangle card for CT/Sportchek, TD aeroplan card for flight tickets, etc. etc. More than one CCs is always better than only one provided they do not ding your credit score...
100%. Us non-simpletons will continue to own a ton of CC's I guess!
Oct 17, 2012
565 posts
428 upvotes
Vancouver
I RFD wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 1:19 am
Why is 2.5% at Amazon bad? The best cash back card atm wont even get you 2%.
It's only 1.5% unless you have Prime. The 1% bonus, you have to pay the annual fee
Dec 25, 2017
985 posts
702 upvotes
andrew1joe871622 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 12:50 am
Ah my apologies. I searched "amazon mastercard" in hot deals search bar but it didn't show up on the first page. Didn't realize it was already posted.
I posted it but then everyone mass downvoted me so mods merged with the old discussion thread over at the personal finance section of the forums or somewhere like that.

Nevertheless, I don’t have enough incentive to take advantage of this card just because I shop rarely with Amazon and pay for a lot of the little purchases I make with gift cards from loyalty programs. But the 5% sure is nice considering it’s TD, I wonder if I made that bold in the original post, maybe people would have stopped mass downvoting me... :(
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3121 posts
1833 upvotes
Vancouver
I RFD wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 1:19 am
Why is 2.5% at Amazon bad? The best cash back card atm wont even get you 2%.
If you buy amazon gift cards from RCSS or somewhere else where you get 3%, then enter that credit into your amazon account, it’s more than 2.5%. There is also the top up offers that you sometime get at amazon.
Jul 4, 2018
137 posts
199 upvotes
roedoe wrote:
Not a good deal unless you are planning to spend $3000 at Amazon, but how is that possible???
The $3000 also includes restaurants and grocery purchases if you're referring to the 5% WB

Updated for you OP!
Mar 13, 2012
857 posts
410 upvotes
Near You
Weak offering, thanks TD.

It's a hard pass for me. Better to stick to Amex cobalt.
💳✈️🌍 American Express Platinum+Gold+Cobalt (Free First-Class Travel) • Rogers WE • STACK
💰 HSBC PremierTangerineEQ BankMotive
📞 Freedom 13GB/45$ • Google Fi 📱 🖥️ Novus 1GIG/60$
Mar 13, 2012
857 posts
410 upvotes
Near You
roedoe wrote:
Two words. Business Expenses.
💳✈️🌍 American Express Platinum+Gold+Cobalt (Free First-Class Travel) • Rogers WE • STACK
💰 HSBC PremierTangerineEQ BankMotive
📞 Freedom 13GB/45$ • Google Fi 📱 🖥️ Novus 1GIG/60$
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1757 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
sunnysidesolutions wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 2:16 am
It's only 1.5% unless you have Prime. The 1% bonus, you have to pay the annual fee
But anyone seriously into Amazon would be a Primr member. The card is more appealing for them.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2247 posts
1146 upvotes
Toronto
cheney wrote:
If you're only going to use this card on Amazon, then there is no card better than the Amazon CC. I agree with you.

Though, I will argue owning a Triangle card or this Amazon card is not like owning a TD Aeroplan card.

If you're happy owning multiple credit cards for the sole purpose to use them at specific retailers, then that is that. For myself and I would think most people, having specific cards for places that I don't spend much money seems rather cumbersome. How much do people spend on Amazon every year?

In any case, if you think this card is good for you, I won't argue with you.
Aug 18, 2016
161 posts
160 upvotes
I just use my Meridian infinite Visa and buy gift cards for Amazon at gas station or grocery store. Gives me 4% cash back at either
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1348 posts
1807 upvotes
Not a HOT deal unless you buy things from Amazon.ca AND like to save money Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
1630 posts
843 upvotes
GTA
This might not work for everyone but if you don't want to apply for another card but want the cash back then consider buying Amazon gift cards with higher cash back cards that you might already have.
An example would be the triangle we mc that gives 3% or people with amex cobolt get 5% both at grocery stores.

The downside is that this process is cumbersome if you consistently have large purchases and you loose any kind of extended warranty that some credit cards offer.

This was stated in the other thread but wanted to make sure everyone knows the alternate option just in case it helps.