• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2019 1:37 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2007 posts
742 upvotes
Quebec
The thing about this card imo is this

First of all I wonder if it's worth it to have multiple cards for different reasons (well too many)

Exemple in my case I have these cards (Please note that my GF have a copy of each of these cards)

Tangerine #1 under my GF name. 2% for Restaurant, Groceries, Gas
Tangerine #2 under my name 2% for Recurring Bills, Drug Store Renovation Stores
BMO (Free 1). 1% for everything else

I recentyly applied for a PC MAstercard that and would go like this

If I shop at a Grocery, Gas or restaurant that is not Loblaws Brand we use GF Tangerine
If I shop at a drug store, Renovation store, use my Tangerine
Everything else would go PC Mastercard for Optimum points

Now I go just go to a grocery store and buy Amazon Gift Card and get 2%. The problem with this is that I. need to pay in advance and load my Amazon balance in case I need to buy something quick

Now I could go and with my already 3 cards add a 4th one which is the Amazon.ca card for 2.5%, at least I won't need to keep my balance toped for buying stuff, But I buy maybe 1-2k per year on Amazon, so I wondering if it's worth it to take a Credit dive and I might never get the money from the 2.5% back if I don't buy a lot lol
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
4615 posts
254 upvotes
Thanks OP, I might grab this? The 2.5% forex doesn't seem to be getting much love here. That can be pretty substantial if you travel a couple of times per year, especially for bigger trips where you'll be spending a lot on dining and etc.

There's been a substantial increase in credit cards acceptance across the world, especially in developing (tourist friendly) countries. They're pretty much accepted almost everywhere, even street vendors and merchants have mobile credit card payment machines now. The need to have cash on you is getting even less which is better for travelers.

I guess this would get a ton of upvotes if it came with Prime yearly.

[FS] Linksys EA7500 Router | X-Fi Forte

Join the RedFlagDeals Club on Xbox Live!

Heatware
[72 - 0 - 0]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2003 posts
1344 upvotes
Ottawa
Dark-Colonel wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 7:26 am
Thanks OP, I might grab this? The 2.5% forex doesn't seem to be getting much love here. That can be pretty substantial if you travel a couple of times per year, especially for bigger trips where you'll be spending a lot on dining and etc.
Because there are better forex fee free cards out there like Brim and Hometrust that actually gives you some cash back for foreign purchases.
This card would definitely be hotter if it came with a prime membership.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1727 posts
924 upvotes
Laval, QC
So 5% only on Amazon groceries and restaurants, the rest 2-2.5% cash back is pretty weak
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11431 posts
10880 upvotes
Oakville
PatrickB012050 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 1:39 am
Unsure to be honest. As I buy everything from Amazon I got this card. But there must be some magical card we don't know about with better cashback?
Brim card gives 2% on Amazon.ca and no forex.
Jun 17, 2018
18 posts
45 upvotes
Vieux - Quebec
Rogers World Elite all the way lol
Aug 30, 2015
437 posts
142 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Susanclark wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 4:25 am
I just use my Meridian infinite Visa and buy gift cards for Amazon at gas station or grocery store. Gives me 4% cash back at either
I thought this didnt work. At groceries stores they only do a separate transaction for the giftcards which I believe is not categorized as groceries?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8897 posts
1639 upvotes
Toronto
This card would be decent if it gave you free prime membership as a perk.
Jul 17, 2013
5 posts
6 upvotes
Calgary
now would be a good time to get this card. Prime day is coming third week of july.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1992 posts
202 upvotes
Thornhill
so this card charges FX, and we get that back in terms of points? :/ and you have to have prime for the 2.5%?

kinda cold. i miss the old card.
Sep 7, 2014
747 posts
801 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
pca1987 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 8:52 am
I thought this didnt work. At groceries stores they only do a separate transaction for the giftcards which I believe is not categorized as groceries?
Yeah someone here gotta do some 'splaining cause this would be unreal if true! Anyone else confirm this is possible?
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4370 posts
1455 upvotes
cheney wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 1:42 am
Pls elabrate why Tangering CC would be better than Amazon CC in the context of Amazon online shopping. Unless you have and only have one cedit card, I don't see any negative impact of owning an dedicated Amazon CC... Same logic for Trigangle card for CT/Sportchek, TD aeroplan card for flight tickets, etc. etc. More than one CCs is always better than only one provided they do not ding your credit score...
Wow you are the perfect customer for these stores.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
10015 posts
101297 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

For those who is considering applying, I would wait until July. So if you do get the card, the 6 month 5% bonus will cover Christmas)/Boxing Day period of 2019...

Ju Leon...
Oct 24, 2012
244 posts
135 upvotes
Edmonton
150$ bonus IF you spend $3000 on a specific set of things. OK deal under the right circumstance. But if you need a card and you're going to spend on the website or their grocery store anyways then this might be right for you! Amazon Prime day is coming around anyways so you never know how much RFDers are going to spend there anyways.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1425 posts
781 upvotes
Calgary
inferno_gn wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 9:46 am
Hi there,

For those who is considering applying, I would wait until July. So if you do get the card, the 6 month 5% bonus will cover Christmas)/Boxing Day period of 2019...

Ju Leon...
This guy should be president of the internet! Genius.