Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2018

[Amazon Canada] Amazon Canada Black Friday Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2018 7:05 pm
Dec 1, 2017
80 posts
61 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
Kijiji hoarders already selling PS4 Spider-Man bundle for $370ish... I'm so angry. People, I hope you don't buy from these poachers and let them eat the cost.
Do or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Triumph starts with a "try" and ends with an... "OOMPH!" --Memphis and Mumble
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
15648 posts
5900 upvotes
Oakville
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 2:09 pm
There's like 4,000 of them on .ca and unlike on .com, we can't filter by seller.
If you go to a category in your search results (like HDMI cables, for example), you can filter by seller. But I swear by AmazonBasics for all my cables now.

bluenwhite89 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 2:42 pm
a poster above debunked this
Yeah, they found him via GEDMatch.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Nov 24, 2006
667 posts
102 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
I think the 23 and me is overpriced for what it is, if you're looking for the health info (the expensive 23 and me test) then you're much better off getting the Ancestry DNA kit for 89$ and uploading the data yourself to Promethease, you'll get way more information out of it, the downside is that it's... a ton of information, and it's a lot less pretty to look at than a cute website with graphs and pie charts. Also, I would not do this if you're the type to freak out if you find out that you have a 5x higher chance of getting cancer or something. It's all statistics, it doesn't mean you will develop cancer, if the base population has a 2% chance to get X disease and you have 5 times the chance, you still only have 10% chance of developing the disease. Anyways, every day or so I get an email from Ancestry saying they've matched my DNA to more people, most of them are quite distant (we share common ancestors very far back) but I've had a handful that have been much closer. If you don't have a family tree already set up on Ancestry I think that data will be of limited value to you.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
15648 posts
5900 upvotes
Oakville
hazelsmrf wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 3:07 pm
I think the 23 and me is overpriced for what it is, if you're looking for the health info (the expensive 23 and me test) then you're much better off getting the Ancestry DNA kit for 89$ and uploading the data yourself to Promethease, you'll get way more information out of it, the downside is that it's... a ton of information, and it's a lot less pretty to look at than a cute website with graphs and pie charts. Also, I would not do this if you're the type to freak out if you find out that you have a 5x higher chance of getting cancer or something. It's all statistics, it doesn't mean you will develop cancer, if the base population has a 2% chance to get X disease and you have 5 times the chance, you still only have 10% chance of developing the disease. Anyways, every day or so I get an email from Ancestry saying they've matched my DNA to more people, most of them are quite distant (we share common ancestors very far back) but I've had a handful that have been much closer. If you don't have a family tree already set up on Ancestry I think that data will be of limited value to you.
Do you still have to pay for an Ancestry.com membership to maintain the family tree stuff?
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Oct 24, 2002
115 posts
5 upvotes
Ontario
I bought the Zotac GEFORCE GTX 1070 TI AMP Extreme on Amazon for $520 last night. Don't see it anymore.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2623 posts
235 upvotes
Didn't check out fast enough with Fifa 19 - PS4 last night and it still hasn't restocked :(.
Nov 24, 2006
667 posts
102 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
wearysky wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 3:16 pm
Do you still have to pay for an Ancestry.com membership to maintain the family tree stuff?
No, I don't keep an active sub because I do genealogy research in spurts. So when I feel like doing research, I sub for that month, and after that I take breaks. When I don't have an active sub, I can view my tree and any files that I've personally uploaded, but if I try to click on a link to a census or something like that it'll say that I can't view it without a sub. But no information is lost, the census is still linked to your tree, you just can't see it. You could also screenshot the census or whatever document and upload it back to your tree, then you could view it without a sub I think, but when you have over 1000 names in your tree you tend to not want to do that very much :) Also without an active sub you can't view your DNA matches, but you can still view your data. I just tried logging in to my account right now to see what DNA info I could see (my sub isn't active right now) and it had updated information for me, it gave me new estimates based on new data, so they do let you keep up to date on your DNA information.
Apr 10, 2009
645 posts
45 upvotes
The 4tb reds seem to be one per customer. Will it let you put in 3 back to back orders?

Any thoughts on this? Seems to be within 10 bucks its lowest price according to triple c

CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD Intelligent LCD UPS System, 1500VA/900W, 12 Outlets, AVR, Mini-Tower https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000FBK3QK/ref ... -BbJX4CC06
Dec 26, 2011
586 posts
198 upvotes
MercHuntIsle wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 2:30 pm
Kijiji hoarders already selling PS4 Spider-Man bundle for $370ish... I'm so angry. People, I hope you don't buy from these poachers and let them eat the cost.
There's 0 risk involved due to free returns, especially with extended holiday returns.
Nov 17, 2014
339 posts
381 upvotes
QC
arandomguy wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 3:44 pm
There's 0 risk involved due to free returns, especially with extended holiday returns.
Yeah that's kindof lame... Also a lot of bundles were bought from EB trade in event. I think sony should've had more stock and reserved for 'new entrants' to ps4 as I would've purchased remotes, games, maybe even VR.
IF doesnt come back in stock before end of event on 27 nov, will continue on PS3 :)
Sep 26, 2012
989 posts
122 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
753951 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 2:19 pm
Doesn't get much better than Monoprice Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable
I need a new one as well. What are your guys thoughts on the ultra thin certified cable from monoprice? Deciding betwen that one and the one above which is a bit thicker. Probably less stress on the ports but then im never moving the cables around.
Sep 15, 2015
556 posts
446 upvotes
Abbotsford
Last time I checked the HDMI signal is digital? So any cable will do (within reason)
Nov 24, 2006
667 posts
102 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
arandomguy wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 3:44 pm
Don't you have to pay for shipping if you return it? I bought a PSVR and found it locally, it wouldn't let me cancel, so I'm assuming i'll have to pay to send it back since it wasn't THEIR error. They say I can refuse the package but they always just leave it on my door step so I don't think i'll have the chance to refuse it.