• Dec 3rd, 2018 7:05 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4383 posts
1137 upvotes
Ottawa
arandomguy wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 3:44 pm
There's 0 risk involved due to free returns, especially with extended holiday returns.
so you are the boarder. LOL
Dec 26, 2011
596 posts
202 upvotes
hazelsmrf wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 4:04 pm
Don't you have to pay for shipping if you return it? I bought a PSVR and found it locally, it wouldn't let me cancel, so I'm assuming i'll have to pay to send it back since it wasn't THEIR error. They say I can refuse the package but they always just leave it on my door step so I don't think i'll have the chance to refuse it.
For Amazon? Yes and no. Strictly speaking you're supposed to pay shipping if you just "change your mind" but I doubt people who resell like that are going to be honest.

You can try cancelling shipment also even if it's shipped (should be a button for that). Worked for me yesterday, I was going to cancel but I forgot they even process overnight on Black Friday.
sonyHdr12 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 4:10 pm
so you are the boarder. LOL
I'm just stating the way it is.

I didn't even buy PS4s when my local staples still had wave 1 preorders and a 10% coupon.
Oct 16, 2011
188 posts
86 upvotes
arandomguy wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 3:44 pm
There's 0 risk involved due to free returns, especially with extended holiday returns.
I wouldn't say 0 risk, if you return too much stuff Amazon has been known to blacklist you.
Jun 2, 2007
242 posts
164 upvotes
Markham
dan668 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 3:56 pm
I need a new one as well. What are your guys thoughts on the ultra thin certified cable from monoprice? Deciding betwen that one and the one above which is a bit thicker. Probably less stress on the ports but then im never moving the cables around.
I have the ultra thin ones and I can never go back to the thick heavy stuff. Does the job, easy to manage, and very portable if you want to keep one in your laptop bag.
Don't forget to like and subscribe!
Dec 26, 2011
596 posts
202 upvotes
SillyRabbit wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 4:17 pm
I wouldn't say 0 risk, if you return too much stuff Amazon has been known to blacklist you.
The people who resell would just be returning unopened items and I would say aren't likely to be flagged as such.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1849 posts
325 upvotes
DanielM491 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 3:57 pm
Last time I checked the HDMI signal is digital? So any cable will do (within reason)
Well not quite, we are talking about very high bandwidth / frequencies here. A cable that doesn't have proper geometry and shielding will create too much interference for the error correction algorithm to fix and won't work. At lower frequencies you can get away with a sloppier design/build.

That doesn't mean you need $100 cables, but I'd definitely only buy ones certified for 18Gbps. 6 feet 2 pack amazon basics is only $11 right now for example.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16583 posts
6463 upvotes
Oakville
SillyRabbit wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 4:17 pm
Hoarder resellers aren't gonna be too worried about that. They'll find a workaround.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Nov 24, 2006
674 posts
110 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
arandomguy wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 4:15 pm
For Amazon? Yes and no. Strictly speaking you're supposed to pay shipping if you just "change your mind" but I doubt people who resell like that are going to be honest.

You can try cancelling shipment also even if it's shipped (should be a button for that). Worked for me yesterday, I was going to cancel but I forgot they even process overnight on Black Friday.
Yeah I tried to cancel it and they said they weren't able to cancel it. That was this morning, and it STILL hasn't shipped, but nope, too late to cancel. Grrr.

I wonder what reason they could possibly give to get free returns on a console, as far as I know they'd only pay for shipping if it was defective or their error? Anyways, we'll try to sell it locally for cost, and if we can't then i'll eat the return shipping cost.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16583 posts
6463 upvotes
Oakville
hazelsmrf wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 4:31 pm
Yeah I tried to cancel it and they said they weren't able to cancel it. That was this morning, and it STILL hasn't shipped, but nope, too late to cancel. Grrr.

I wonder what reason they could possibly give to get free returns on a console, as far as I know they'd only pay for shipping if it was defective or their error? Anyways, we'll try to sell it locally for cost, and if we can't then i'll eat the return shipping cost.
I don't think Amazon *really* checks that closely for what reason you give.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Sep 15, 2015
784 posts
722 upvotes
Abbotsford
aos007 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 4:22 pm
Well not quite, we are talking about very high bandwidth / frequencies here. A cable that doesn't have proper geometry and shielding will create too much interference for the error correction algorithm to fix and won't work. At lower frequencies you can get away with a sloppier design/build.

That doesn't mean you need $100 cables, but I'd definitely only buy ones certified for 18Gbps. 6 feet 2 pack amazon basics is only $11 right now for example.
Hmmm - think we can do better than than. Amazon basics is the MOST expensive hdmi cable you should buy: For anyone who wants to understand the tech behind it (and digital VS analog signals in general)

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-ent ... -heres-why
https://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/ ... es-2951010

https://www.cnet.com/news/4k-hdmi-cables-are-nonsense/

There's no such thing as a "HDMI 2.0 cable." The version numbers refer to the HDMI connections in your gear. Which is to say, your TV can have HDMI 2.0 inputs, but your HDMI cable is just an HDMI cable. Any High-speed will do. So even if you bought a High-speed cable when all your gear was 1080p and HDMI 1.4, it will probably work now with 4K HDR and HDMI 2.0a gear.
Oct 13, 2018
201 posts
229 upvotes
msavic6 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 2:52 am
Do these tips actually form a seal within your ear and block out noise or do they still let in ambient noise like the stock tips?
They do a great job than stock seal and you won't be able to hear anything if the music is on. A little bit of ambient sound is audible at times. I highly recommend these . They drastically improve the grip and bass and of course reduce outside sound .
Dec 9, 2006
970 posts
124 upvotes
Mississauga
blzn wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 3:28 pm
Didn't check out fast enough with Fifa 19 - PS4 last night and it still hasn't restocked :(.
isnt it cheapest at walmart for 39.99?? just got a copy in stores
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2699 posts
318 upvotes
SWstriker17 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 6:35 pm
isnt it cheapest at walmart for 39.99?? just got a copy in stores
Amazon also had it for $39.99 and I don't have a Walmart close by. Think I'll just get it via PSN store now.
Jan 28, 2018
666 posts
1038 upvotes
Toronto, ON
blzn wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 6:43 pm
Amazon also had it for $39.99 and I don't have a Walmart close by. Think I'll just get it via PSN store now.
OT: Isn't it better to get a physical disc so that you can get some credit with EB games once you're done with the game?
We The North!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2699 posts
318 upvotes
michelangelo88 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 6:49 pm
OT: Isn't it better to get a physical disc so that you can get some credit with EB games once you're done with the game?
I've always kept my FIFA/NBA 2K games.