• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2018 7:05 pm
Dec 9, 2006
914 posts
71 upvotes
Mississauga
michelangelo88 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 6:49 pm
OT: Isn't it better to get a physical disc so that you can get some credit with EB games once you're done with the game?
Sport games depreciate so fast that by the time you're done with it next year, they aren't worth much at all
Oct 31, 2018
9 posts
2 upvotes
23andMe Health + Ancestry Kit is on sale for $129 down from $249 on Amazon. If you've ever been interested in one of these genetic/DNA home testing kits, this is a great offer. You can even download the raw data and input it into other DNA databases. This product is tax exempt.
Oct 16, 2011
178 posts
77 upvotes
Does anyone know if these prices are set until Monday or if they are going to go back up at midnight?

Would prefer to wait for Monday so I can get my Stack credit for $100 purchases, but don't want to pay higher prices.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2005
1096 posts
194 upvotes
Calgary
Perhaps he was commenting on purchasing a safe for his wallet?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2002
1125 posts
38 upvotes
aos007 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 4:22 pm
Well not quite, we are talking about very high bandwidth / frequencies here. A cable that doesn't have proper geometry and shielding will create too much interference for the error correction algorithm to fix and won't work. At lower frequencies you can get away with a sloppier design/build.

That doesn't mean you need $100 cables, but I'd definitely only buy ones certified for 18Gbps. 6 feet 2 pack amazon basics is only $11 right now for example.
Amazonbasics HDMI 3 pack is currently a spotlight deal at $10.55.
Aug 9, 2018
12 posts
4 upvotes
Guys is this the same exact UE Boom 2 selling for 99 on Best Buy? Is this a good deal?
Images
  • Screenshot_20181123-204411__01.jpg
Mar 1, 2014
3 posts
Toronto
Good looking out. Got these for my new TCL.
Matrx wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 8:35 pm
Amazonbasics HDMI 3 pack is currently a spotlight deal at $10.55.
May 17, 2012
441 posts
266 upvotes
Montreal
SillyRabbit wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 8:03 pm
Does anyone know if these prices are set until Monday or if they are going to go back up at midnight?

Would prefer to wait for Monday so I can get my Stack credit for $100 purchases, but don't want to pay higher prices.
TomRFD said a few posts (pages now?) ago that deals are until 3 AM eastern on the 24th (so 4 hours from now or so). Honnestly the website / deals are such a mess and seem so random, not sure to what extent this is accurate but I wouldn't count on all deals being there through the week-end.

Edit : not sure it's TomRFD but it's on the "Deals" page for Amazon Black Friday 2018 : "Don't wait, because these Black Friday deals are available until 2:59 AM EST on November 24. Amazon.ca offers free shipping for all Prime members or on orders over $35.00 for those who aren't members."
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10871 posts
275 upvotes
Ottawa
Mistro wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 3:35 pm
The 4tb reds seem to be one per customer. Will it let you put in 3 back to back orders?

Any thoughts on this? Seems to be within 10 bucks its lowest price according to triple c

CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD Intelligent LCD UPS System, 1500VA/900W, 12 Outlets, AVR, Mini-Tower https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000FBK3QK/ref ... -BbJX4CC06
Awesome price and unit - according to Amazon I bought it on Boxing Day last year for a similar price, Time to grab a few more for new servers....
- Absolute
Jun 26, 2006
656 posts
28 upvotes
bennyboy84 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 7:41 am
I only see 3 Tiger models priced 188 (pink one) to 279.99 (stainless 10 cup one). Which one is 140$?
Saw it in store at woodbine/hwy7
Dec 26, 2011
579 posts
193 upvotes
hazelsmrf wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 4:31 pm
Yeah I tried to cancel it and they said they weren't able to cancel it. That was this morning, and it STILL hasn't shipped, but nope, too late to cancel. Grrr.

I wonder what reason they could possibly give to get free returns on a console, as far as I know they'd only pay for shipping if it was defective or their error? Anyways, we'll try to sell it locally for cost, and if we can't then i'll eat the return shipping cost.
How were you trying to cancel? There is a cancel option that immediately does it if the item hasn't shipped at all. But there is another option you can select when you open the order to "cancel during delivery" or something. If you click it they'll just say "they'll try to get the shipper to cancel in transit but may not succeed" or something like that. There is no confirmation at all but I looked like in the morning when I looked at the tracking information and it automatically just switched to "package was refused delivery, returning to sender. Refund will be processed 3 days after arrival" or something like that. And this was for an item scheduled to arrive later that day even.

My guess is it was processed for shipping at Amazon's warehouse (they were working overnight) and so switched to shipped status but when the carrier came to pickup in the early morning and scan the parcels it hit that refuse delivery flag. Or something like that.
Nov 24, 2006
667 posts
102 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
arandomguy wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 12:31 am
How were you trying to cancel? There is a cancel option that immediately does it if the item hasn't shipped at all. But there is another option you can select when you open the order to "cancel during delivery" or something. If you click it they'll just say "they'll try to get the shipper to cancel in transit but may not succeed" or something like that. There is no confirmation at all but I looked like in the morning when I looked at the tracking information and it automatically just switched to "package was refused delivery, returning to sender. Refund will be processed 3 days after arrival" or something like that. And this was for an item scheduled to arrive later that day even.

My guess is it was processed for shipping at Amazon's warehouse (they were working overnight) and so switched to shipped status but when the carrier came to pickup in the early morning and scan the parcels it hit that refuse delivery flag. Or something like that.
I did it directly on the order page, it gave me a message saying that they would attempt to cancel it and would email me, and then I got an email saying "We weren't able to cancel the following item from your order" and it goes on to say that you're welcome to refuse the package when you receive the order. It had already been charged so I figured, but it was worth a shot.

I don't have any cancel during delivery option there, maybe it depends on the courier? It was sent Canada Post. It just has "Track Package" or "Return or Replace Items". I went to the Canada Post site and it gives me an option to set a delivery preference like side door, or deliver to post office, but no cancel. I guess I could choose deliver to post office, and then when I go pick it up just tell them to refuse it and send it back.