[Amazon Canada] Amazon Canada Black Friday Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2018 7:05 pm
Dec 26, 2011
586 posts
198 upvotes
hazelsmrf wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 1:03 am
I did it directly on the order page, it gave me a message saying that they would attempt to cancel it and would email me, and then I got an email saying "We weren't able to cancel the following item from your order" and it goes on to say that you're welcome to refuse the package when you receive the order. It had already been charged so I figured, but it was worth a shot.

I don't have any cancel during delivery option there, maybe it depends on the courier? It was sent Canada Post. It just has "Track Package" or "Return or Replace Items". I went to the Canada Post site and it gives me an option to set a delivery preference like side door, or deliver to post office, but no cancel. I guess I could choose deliver to post office, and then when I go pick it up just tell them to refuse it and send it back.
Yeah that is what I used. I'm guessing in your case the shipper had already picked up the package which is why.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4231 posts
1087 upvotes
Ottawa
Absolute wrote: Awesome price and unit - according to Amazon I bought it on Boxing Day last year for a similar price, Time to grab a few more for new servers....
no usb no go
Sep 25, 2009
93 posts
8 upvotes
I'm looking to replace my parents' Google Nexus Player, which has crapped out.

I see a lot of praise for the Fire Stick 4K, but I'm not sure it fits their use cases.

They will mainly be using it for:

1. Netflix

2. Youtube

3. Chromecast

4. Free android TV channels like CBC, etc...

Can the Fire Stick 4K do this? I know it does Netflix well, but what about Youtube? No supported app? It needs to be convenient.

I also don't think the Fire Stick Chromecasts, not in any easy way.

Finally, I'm not sure if it gets CBC and stuff.

Is this really a replacement for a broken Nexus Player, or should I be looking for something else?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1754 posts
626 upvotes
Quebec
Amazon doesnt have 2nd gen echo dots black anymore ?
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11991 posts
1488 upvotes
Kanata
The_Guy222 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 7:20 am

I see a lot of praise for the Fire Stick 4K, but I'm not sure it fits their use cases.

1. Netflix

2. Youtube

3. Chromecast

Can the Fire Stick 4K do this? I know it does Netflix well, but what about Youtube? No supported app? It needs to be convenient.

Is this really a replacement for a broken Nexus Player, or should I be looking for something else?
You should look somewhere else, imo. It does netflix great, Youtube is through a web browser, no chromecast natively, and some apps aren't available.
Dec 8, 2008
947 posts
100 upvotes
Montreal, QC
goofball wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 9:41 am
You should look somewhere else, imo. It does netflix great, Youtube is through a web browser, no chromecast natively, and some apps aren't available.

The MiBox is the best direct replacement, the Shield TV is too expensive for their uses.

I bought a FireTV 4K stick for my parents yesterday. Faster than my old nexus, but for me the lack of Chromecast and native YouTube would be hard. Runs Kodi and IPTV android APKs well tho!
Sep 25, 2009
93 posts
8 upvotes
Yes, I agree with both of you.

The true replacement for their broken Nexus Player is some kind of Android TV box.

Is the MiBox on sale anywhere?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
1509 posts
1012 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I'm kind of annoyed that there's stuff I've been looking at that price dropped on Black Friday but doesn't show as a sale so I need to look up the pricing :/
Dec 8, 2008
947 posts
100 upvotes
Montreal, QC
The_Guy222 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 5:51 pm
Yes, I agree with both of you.

The true replacement for their broken Nexus Player is some kind of Android TV box.

Is the MiBox on sale anywhere?
Only place I’ve seen is Canada Computers.
Apr 9, 2009
450 posts
491 upvotes
Calgary
anybody have recommendations for a case for the fire HD 10?
May 26, 2007
843 posts
343 upvotes
Phlav wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 8:19 pm
anybody have recommendations for a case for the fire HD 10?
I would like to know as well. I can't even find the official one on amazon canada. Also I was hesitant to purchase this tablet but I'm glad I did . This is Amazon's nexus 7 . Unreal value and good quailty.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4165 posts
1265 upvotes
Moncton
The_Guy222 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 7:20 am

1. Netflix

2. Youtube

3. Chromecast

Apple TV. Currently on sale until Monday if you factor in the gift cards.
You can cast to it from an iOS device, although the Apple TV apps cover most viewing (no CTV app though).
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4231 posts
1087 upvotes
Ottawa
futabasan wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 2:42 pm
Well, I was not using my iPad a lot - I'm not denying iPad is the king of tablets but for my home it was just sitting around the house, except the odd occasion my toddler needed to watch YouTube or something. I have a macbook air and desktop that I use for productive work... just more accustomed to a PC/mac for work and my phablet (Note 9) for leisure/fun.

So I figured why not sell the iPad, Pen, keyboard, smart cover for a good price and just pick up a $70 HD 8 when it's on sale during Black Friday.

Sell everything for $650 iPad, pen etc. and pickup $70 tablet for the kid. Win for my situation... have around $600 in cash leftover to buy other black friday stuff :P
the thing is the iPad is not expensive, the expensive stuff are the pen&keyboard. you waste your money on those. this ipad can use 10 years, but other tablet maybe can be used only 1 or 2 years.
Nov 24, 2006
667 posts
102 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
sonyHdr12 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 10:41 pm
the thing is the iPad is not expensive, the expensive stuff are the pen&keyboard. you waste your money on those. this ipad can use 10 years, but other tablet maybe can be used only 1 or 2 years.
Huh, the pen and the keyboard aren't nearly the same price as the iPad itself, maybe 600$ for you isn't expensive, but that's how much I paid for my iPad Air some years ago. And I paid 1000$ for my iPad pro, so inexpensive is not the word I'd use. A 100$ pen or keyboard isn't even close. I bought my kids a cheap android tablet several years ago, and the thing was just so slow that nobody ever used it, so I'll stick with the expensive iPads.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4231 posts
1087 upvotes
Ottawa
for $350 new ipad , what can you ask more?