None
[OP]
Apr 24, 2011
53 posts
24 upvotes
SURREY

[Amazon.ca] [Amazon Canada] CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i v2 - $109.99

Hello,

If you were looking for a reliable CPU Cooler get it now.

I got the cooler at this price during the Prime Day and looks like they have it at this price again.

They have them in stock at the moment.
Happy shopping!
10 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2373 posts
808 upvotes
Great price for one of the best coolers.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1123 posts
131 upvotes
Does it comes with fans? description says "cooler only"
Mar 6, 2017
238 posts
185 upvotes
tetris wrote: Does it comes with fans? description says "cooler only"
Yes, it comes with two 120mm fans.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2080 posts
2660 upvotes
GTA
Great price. Makes it hard for me to sell my unused one. :(
[OP]
Apr 24, 2011
53 posts
24 upvotes
SURREY
The deal is still on for those who need it
Oct 1, 2017
24 posts
8 upvotes
Great cooler. Easy to install. Never had a single problem with it.
Jan 5, 2017
14 posts
6 upvotes
I would not like to speak poorly of the deal as it is a solid price, but I would caution against closed loops if one is thinking of reusing the cooler in a later build. AIO watercoolers have their advantages over air coolers which are primarily in size, mounting and slightly lower load temps (temps are practically the same at the highest end). However, after 5 years on my H100i I was experiencing significantly worse temperatures due to fluid that has naturally evaporated in the loop during use and although one may try to disassemble their cooler, usually disassembly and reassembly will lead to other problems in the future because most AIO coolers are not meant to be serviced. Despite air coolers being bulky and tedious to get ram clearance. They present a better long term value if you have the real estate in your case. You could also go for a custom loop, but the performance per dollar drastically diminishes and they require regular maintenance.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6884 posts
5799 upvotes
Burlington
Jeclub wrote: I would not like to speak poorly of the deal as it is a solid price, but I would caution against closed loops if one is thinking of reusing the cooler in a later build. However, after 5 years on my H100i I was experiencing significantly worse temperatures due to fluid that has naturally evaporated in the loop during use ...
in a closed loop, where does this "naturally evaporated fluid" go?

You can get worse temps due to dried up paste, which happens with any air or liquid cooler. It isn't hard to open up the case to clean + reapply thermal paste.
Things can happen with liquid coolers: pump goes bad, leaks... but naturally evaporated liquid?
Jan 23, 2014
135 posts
76 upvotes
Montréal
konsensei wrote: in a closed loop, where does this "naturally evaporated fluid" go?

You can get worse temps due to dried up paste, which happens with any air or liquid cooler. It isn't hard to open up the case to clean + reapply thermal paste.
Things can happen with liquid coolers: pump goes bad, leaks... but naturally evaporated liquid?
Tubing is not glass/metal but plastic/rubber and coolant will evaporate but very slowly. In fact it does not really evaporate but permeate in the tubes.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10420 posts
6929 upvotes
konsensei wrote: in a closed loop, where does this "naturally evaporated fluid" go?

Yes. It's [kinda] a thing...even in what's considered as a closed-loop (consumer grade).

http://blog.nzxt.com/2017/07/does-aio-liquid-evaporate/

(...and CPUs could age: https://spectrum.ieee.org/semiconductor ... stor-aging)