Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

[Amazon Canada] Sonos Play:1 $199($50 off) Gen 1

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2017 10:49 am
Jan 4, 2015
68 posts
107 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Amazon.ca] [Amazon Canada] Sonos Play:1 $199($50 off) Gen 1

I was looking for sonos speaker and this came out. Note this is the 1st gen, basically the newest one without Alexa. Bestbuy US is selling $150USD today. Save you the hassle to cross the border.

Please delete if reporst.
13 replies
Aug 24, 2012
26 posts
8 upvotes
Same price at Best Buy or directly from Sonos.
You can get 5% cash back with Ebates from Sonos
May 13, 2007
490 posts
283 upvotes
British Columbia
FYI - this is permanent price drop. It will not increase back to $249 after BF/CM...
Sep 5, 2010
935 posts
368 upvotes
Does this work with Google home?
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1900 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto
sony17 wrote: Does this work with Google home?
Sadly no.

The only way is to connect it to a Chromecast audio.
Oct 4, 2010
275 posts
245 upvotes
Torontoish
smokie wrote: FYI - this is permanent price drop. It will not increase back to $249 after BF/CM...
Interesting. Do you have a source for that? The sonos site says sale ends Nov 27
Deals are on the way!
Sep 5, 2010
935 posts
368 upvotes
This doesn't seem to have a headphone jack. Will it work with Chromecast audio?
Jan 4, 2015
68 posts
107 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
looks like you need raspberry pi to connect sonos one and chromecast. Someone did it here
Oct 6, 2011
19 posts
12 upvotes
SURREY
Their new Play 1 all have Alexa built into it, these ones don't. I imagine they're discontinuing this model and keeping them at this price.
Mar 31, 2008
320 posts
73 upvotes
Oakville
tofude wrote: Their new Play 1 all have Alexa built into it, these ones don't. I imagine they're discontinuing this model and keeping them at this price.
Correct. I wouldn't bother with this one but get the Play 1 esp now that we lowly Canucks finally have Alexa...
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14883 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
tofude wrote: Their new Play 1 all have Alexa built into it, these ones don't. I imagine they're discontinuing this model and keeping them at this price.
Their speaker with Alexa is not “their new Play 1”. It is the Sonos 1. The name distinguishes it from the “Play” line of Play:1, Play:3, and Play:5,
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
May 13, 2007
490 posts
283 upvotes
British Columbia
Insider information.

Play:1 and Play:3 will both be seeing permanent $50 price reductions after this weekend to reposition the products in the lineup with the introduction of the Sonos 1.
Aug 24, 2012
26 posts
8 upvotes
Reasons to get the play 1 and save 50$
if you already have one. You cannot pair a play1 with a Sonos one. And vice versa
If you dont care about alexa,
or already have a amazon Echo ( you can control play1 via the echo )
Otherwise, indeed go for the new model
Oct 5, 2008
755 posts
814 upvotes
GTA
Thinking about the Sonos ONE. Not sure if I have much use for the Alexa function though (also soon to have Google Home functionality apparently?). For only $50 difference though, seems worth it to go for the new one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)