Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Canada - Xbox one s, digital edition $179.95

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2019 5:54 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 30, 2009
995 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Canada - Xbox one s, digital edition $179.95

For those who are interested in the all digital Xbox one s, Amazon has the same deal as Black Friday. Thinking of picking one up myself. Loving the digital gaming on my Ps4.

Xbox One S 1TB All-Digital Edition Console (Disc-Free Gaming) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07XQXZXJC/ref ... aEbBCTKYMN
6 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 31, 2006
1512 posts
95 upvotes
So how do you play a game you have on disc ?

Is there a way to prove you own it and then you can download it from the MS Store ?
GamerzPlace
Penalty Box
User avatar
Jan 4, 2011
5215 posts
1972 upvotes
harryt wrote: So how do you play a game you have on disc ?

Is there a way to prove you own it and then you can download it from the MS Store ?
You have to mail in paper forms with receipts.

Then they will send a prepaid UPS box. You'll have to put your console it the box and ship it to Microsoft in Montreal.

They will install games that you proved you bought with the forms and the receipt. Then you'll receive your console back.

Pretty straight forward if you ask me.

That is why people with digital edition always buy games in lot, so they can get them all installed the first time they ship their console.
Member
Jun 22, 2006
333 posts
51 upvotes
Coz4k wrote: You have to mail in paper forms with receipts.

Then they will send a prepaid UPS box. You'll have to put your console it the box and ship it to Microsoft in Montreal.

They will install games that you proved you bought with the forms and the receipt. Then you'll receive your console back.

Pretty straight forward if you ask me.

That is why people with digital edition always buy games in lot, so they can get them all installed the first time they ship their console.
Is this for real? I assumed that you're just SOL for disc-based games with this console.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 15, 2011
42095 posts
6648 upvotes
Does EB Games or the big box retailers sell digital games? Or do we have to purchase digital games from the Xbox store?

Especially games on sale, clearance or price errors?

I’m new to this and debating on picking it up.

Is this the cheapest? Or does another retailer have it for less?
Proud to be an Indian.
__________________________________________________________________________
Incident/Cyber Breach Response|Malware Analyzer|Threat Intellligence
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 1, 2002
9018 posts
5465 upvotes
Toronto
harryt wrote: So how do you play a game you have on disc ?

Is there a way to prove you own it and then you can download it from the MS Store ?
You need to buy an Xbox One with a disc drive to play a game on disc.
Jr. Member
Sep 23, 2019
140 posts
184 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Does EB Games or the big box retailers sell digital games? Or do we have to purchase digital games from the Xbox store?

Especially games on sale, clearance or price errors?

I’m new to this and debating on picking it up.

Is this the cheapest? Or does another retailer have it for less?
You'll find digital games on sale in most big box stores. However I'd opt for Microsoft deals from the Xbox store on the console. Cheaper and easier.

This is a great deal but if you're looking for better you're just splitting hairs over an additional $20 that may never come.

Top