Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Cash Get $5 by adding $20 to Amazon Balance (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2020 11:25 pm
[OP]
Jun 27, 2013
17 posts
76 upvotes
Langley

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Cash Get $5 by adding $20 to Amazon Balance (YMMV)

Not sure if this targeted or a regular on-going promo, but I just got this today on my app.

Add $20+ to your Amazon Balance and get $5 credit.

*Will delete if posted.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200813-114857_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 13th, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title, added url
Thread Summary
Offer limited to the first-time a customer uses Amazon Cash.
47 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1111 posts
560 upvotes
get ready for downvotes - thats what happened the last time i posted something similar.
[*]
Oct 20, 2016
192 posts
348 upvotes
Montreal
bilaliz wrote: get ready for downvotes - thats what happened the last time i posted something similar.
That's a shame. Maybe RFDers just prefer to not see YMMV type posts like this? Better not to know about it at all then to know you weren't offered the deal?

Those who care about upvotes and downvotes will learn their lesson and simply stop posting targeted offers on here then. Which would suck because I always appreciate the heads up, even when I don't get to take advantage of the deal.
Last edited by LouZefurr on Aug 13th, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 16, 2019
506 posts
603 upvotes
thanks OP, upvoted. Salty RFDrs down voting YMMVs? Lol so I guess all those CT Triangle Mastercard, AMEX, and dozen other offers should all be down voted too... Illogical.

Down vote is not for "i cant get the deal" its for bad deals. 25% return on a $20 investment is as good as it gets...

EDIT: downvote for not being able to double dip on the deal is what I meant.
Last edited by Parrajara on Aug 13th, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1111 posts
560 upvotes
I agree it's a very good deal, those who don't get it just downvote unfairly
[*]
Oct 20, 2016
192 posts
348 upvotes
Montreal
Parrajara wrote: thanks OP, upvoted. Salty RFDrs down voting YMMVs? Lol so I guess all those CT Triangle Mastercard, AMEX, and dozen other offers should all be down voted too... Illogical.
Indeed. Thanks OP!
Parrajara wrote: Down vote is not for "i cant get the deal" its for bad deals. 25% return on a $20 investment is as good as it gets...
RFD does give people the option of selecting the following reason for downvoting: Unable to get the deal
Jun 18, 2016
379 posts
1055 upvotes
Parrajara wrote: thanks OP, upvoted. Salty RFDrs down voting YMMVs? Lol so I guess all those CT Triangle Mastercard, AMEX, and dozen other offers should all be down voted too... Illogical.

Down vote is not for "i cant get the deal" its for bad deals. 25% return on a $20 investment is as good as it gets...
There's literally an option on the downvote form called "Unable to get deal"
Sep 16, 2019
506 posts
603 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote: There's literally an option on the downvote form called "Unable to get deal"
Unable to get it because you already got it before is different. Downvoting cause you can't double dip doesnt seem reasonable. The offer is for anyone that hasn't already used it
Jul 24, 2020
11 posts
7 upvotes
there - gave you an upvote to break you even
Dec 1, 2009
289 posts
235 upvotes
Ottawa
Who cares about upvote or downvote. Just come here to enjoy sharing the deals and useful information.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1071 posts
324 upvotes
YYC
This is only for people who have never used Amazon Cash before.
Jul 12, 2005
586 posts
329 upvotes
LouZefurr wrote:
That's a shame. Maybe RFDers just prefer to not see YMMV type posts like this?
I see it every time I log into Amazon. And also if I check out items.

I also see an ad for $10 off my purchase of I sign up for their credit card.

These are spammed in my face every day on Amazon.. and now RFD.

I wasn't a down voter, just explaining the rational of why someone might
- Tired of seeing this thread?
- Click your profile name in the upper right corner > click Settings > under Accounts & Preferences on the left-hand side, click Hidden Threads > Enable thread hiding: Yes/No - select Yes then Save Changes
Oct 20, 2016
192 posts
348 upvotes
Montreal
NFN_NLN wrote: I see it every time I log into Amazon. And also if I check out items.

I also see an ad for $10 off my purchase of I sign up for their credit card.

These are spammed in my face every day on Amazon.. and now RFD.

I wasn't a down voter, just explaining the rational of why someone might
I also see the "Get a $10 Amazon.ca gift card◊ instantly, plus up to 5% back at Amazon.ca..." offer and I agree, it's annoying. I wish I could reject the ad with a "No thanks!" button and never see it again but alas, you can't.

At least on RFD you can Hide the threads you're not interested in seeing! When I check RFD (usually daily), what I do is scan the Hot Deals first page and Hide all the posts with offers and deals which I'm not interested in - it takes a minute but then the first page isn't cluttered with posts I don't care about!
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1230 posts
3638 upvotes
If only the cities could harness all this saltiness for winter roads