• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2020 6:20 pm
[OP]
Sep 22, 2016
980 posts
1627 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Amazon & Costco: Shark Robot Self-Empty Vacuum + Wifi $389

Lowest according to 3camels.

amazon (amazon delivery will get delayed due to COVID-19 to end of Apr) : https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07TVL1PB6
costco (item backordered, Mid may delivery): https://www.costco.ca/shark-iq-wi-fi-ro ... 19475.html
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 30th, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: updated title
46 replies
Aug 25, 2009
308 posts
128 upvotes
Montreal
Not bad. Same price on costco.ca too
Aug 30, 2018
150 posts
109 upvotes
Tempting, any RFD'er reviews?
I have 2 robot vacuums and love them, might upgrade the cheaper one to this one with self-empty and mapping.
[OP]
Sep 22, 2016
980 posts
1627 upvotes
Dealshark3 wrote: Tempting, any RFD'er reviews?
I have 2 robot vacuums and love them, might upgrade the cheaper one to this one with self-empty and mapping.
Same here.. some discussion in the past: sharkclean-com-shark-iq-robot-vacuum-w- ... 332029/23/
I bought iRobot 677, but haven't opened yet. Wondering if I should get this one.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3924 posts
4941 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Dealshark3 wrote: Tempting, any RFD'er reviews?
I have it. I don't have anything else to compare it to, but it's a bit loud on hardwood (but silent on carpet). Way quieter than a regular vacuum.

Suction power seems fine. Mapping seems fine. It gets stuck sometimes, but always finds it way back.

Takes an hour to clean my 1 bedroom.
Feb 10, 2018
148 posts
243 upvotes
thanks OP,, I just ordered,,

did costco, i can afford the wait for better return policy, plus 2% for being a business member
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1385 posts
1091 upvotes
Pallet Town
I bought one in Nov during the Shark currency converter error + 20% off, total came out to $280 all in. Even after all of that, I ended up returning it. It never did complete mapping, and the software was generally very frustrating.

For those wanting to try it, I highly suggest a store with a really good return policy, just so there any risks. I ended up buying a Roborock S4 and although the auto empty feature was nice, it wasn't a dealbreaker not having it in my house. Navigation is night and day better, and I didn't have to try to time my smart lights to match when the vacuum would go off at night like with the Shark\

Happy to answer any questions if someone's trying to compare the two. Had the Shark for 3 months and Roborock S4 for 2 months
Last edited by Hawk25 on Mar 30th, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 21, 2005
70 posts
14 upvotes
Thunder Bay
I'm tempted, but from what I've heard the lidar based navigation ones are much better. I'm holding out for a deal on a Roborock S4 or S5 unless someone can convince me otherwise.
[OP]
Sep 22, 2016
980 posts
1627 upvotes
Hawk25 wrote: I bought one in Nov during the Shark currency converter error + 20% off, total came out to $280 all in. Even after all of that, I ended up returning it. It never did complete mapping, and the software was generally very frustrating.

For those wanting to try it, I highly suggest a store with a really good return policy, just so there any risks. I ended up buying a Roborock S4 and although the auto empty feature was nice, it wasn't a dealbreaker not having it in my house
I've heard roborock is solid. Where did you buy yours? amazon?
Oct 24, 2011
686 posts
556 upvotes
SURREY
Came in here to post this. Beat me to it OP. Thanked
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1385 posts
1091 upvotes
Pallet Town
LarryT778370 wrote: I've heard roborock is solid. Where did you buy yours? amazon?
Amazon.com during one of their sales (seems to be a monthly sale), $299 USD. Shipped it to the border and picked it up. I considered buying it from ******** and other overseas sites but after the issues I had with the Shark, having an actual warranty (albeit an annoying one to use due to the .com purchase) was worth the extra money
Oct 24, 2011
686 posts
556 upvotes
SURREY
LarryT778370 wrote: I got 3camels alarm set for this one.. been looking for a nice vacuum deal for a while. Seems like a nice deal if shark can map my 2 bedroom condo
Ditto except just want something for the main floor. Kids are crumb machines
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Mar 9, 2009
563 posts
157 upvotes
Have one since November. Mapping was available after around 15 runs for me. Its...usable but not exceptional. I can mark rooms and it will 75% of the time stay within the room. It doesnt have any advanced features like detecting extra dirty areas or sending it to a specific area, and the app is pretty slow, but it works well if left to its own devices. Cant really complain for the price I paid. Its gotten better over time about not missing edges and stuff and Self-Empty is very convenient. Just make sure you dont have any inch-high areas as it may or may not vault over them and get stuck.
Jul 30, 2015
69 posts
87 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought this in December and happy with the purchase. No issues with mapping.