Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Echo Devices on sale (ranging from 24.99 for flex up to 239 for ring camera with echo show 5

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2021 3:52 pm
[OP]
Feb 2, 2008
113 posts
78 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Echo Devices on sale (ranging from 24.99 for flex up to 239 for ring camera with echo show 5

sample of the prices

All-new Echo Dot (4th Gen) | Smart speaker with Alexa | Charcoal $44.99 from 69.99
All-new Echo (4th Gen) | With premium sound, smart home hub, and Alexa | Glacier White $99.99 from $129.99
Echo Show 5 – Compact smart display with Alexa – Stay connected with video calling - Charcoal $69.99 from $99.99
Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - Smart speaker with Alexa - Plum Sengled Bluetooth bulb $39.99 from $69.98
All-new Echo Dot (4th Gen) | Smart speaker with clock and Alexa | Glacier White $54.99 from $79.99
Echo Flex - Plug-in mini smart speaker with Alexa $24.99 from $34.99
Echo Show 8 – HD 8" smart display with Alexa – Charcoal $109.99 from $169.99
Ring Wired Spotlight Camera (Black) with Echo Show 5 (Black) $239.99 from $348.99

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=echo&rh=n%3A1 ... =sr_nr_n_1

flex has been at 14.99 for lowest but if you want a good price on the new echo 4th gens this might be a good time to jump
8 replies
Mar 1, 2008
182 posts
41 upvotes
Pretty sure the flex was $15 and the auto was $25 not long ago. I know we can’t go back in time, but I expect these prices will repeat since they want you to get on the Alexa system.

I don’t remember the prices for the others. If you need it now that’s fine. Otherwise, I would probably wait until it hits that price point again for the lower end items.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4336 posts
4386 upvotes
Vancouver
A_guy wrote: I expect these prices will repeat since they want you to get on the Alexa system.
But everyone who's willing to try Alexa is already on Alexa now, so maybe those free and super-low-price promos are over. :)

The Echo Dot 3rd-gen might be the best deal until they are cleared out. Not everyone likes the spherical shape of the 4th-gen, and reviewers seem to think the sound didn't get significantly better from 3rd-gen to 4th-gen.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3823 posts
3167 upvotes
No Bum Deals
"ALEXA, set the timer for 20 minutes..."

"...[pause]......"

".....TIMER FOR HOW LONG?....."

"20 minutes..."

"......HMM, I DON'T KNOW THAT ONE....."

"ALEXA, PLEASE set the timer for 20 minutes..."

"...[pause]......"

"TIMERS ARE COMMONLY USED AS AN AUTOMATIC MECHANISM FOR ACTIVATING A DEVICE AT A PRESET TIME...."

:facepalm:
🢂 2x Koodo 35/10 - 1x Koodo 35/7 - 1x Fido Data 0/3 🢀
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4336 posts
4386 upvotes
Vancouver
"Alexa, check email"
"You have 3 new email messages in primary inbox. Would you like me to read them?"
"Yes"
(reads first part of message 1 from Gmail, with "Continue?" if it's too long)
"Delete, or next?"
(can also say Quit, or Reply and speak your reply, then Send)

"Hey Google, check email"
"No matching emails found in Gmail."
"Hey Google, check email for new messages"
"Sorry, I can't help with email yet"
(Google can't read its own Gmail. Its first response was deliberately misleading, implying that it could.)
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13790 posts
7493 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Echo’s are great as activation hubs when your Ring Doorbell is pressed to show your front door on your FireStick while watching TV. Add the Ring Skill and just set this Routine, FROM is your Echo device:

If you have a FireStick with TV controls, you can also get up and turn off the TV by calling it out, no need to pick up the remote.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
9639 posts
5036 upvotes
Paris
Scote64 wrote: But everyone who's willing to try Alexa is already on Alexa now, so maybe those free and super-low-price promos are over. :)
I literally just bought my first stand alone Alexa Friday, the new echo dot with alarm clock. I bought a Denon amp and the Google integration isnt great, so I am hoping I can use Alexa to activate it as they say Alexa integration is better. I also have a fire stick but dont really count it as an Alexa as I have to push a button on the remote to use it and the primary function of it was to reduce load on my xbox when I wanted to use Crave TV. I also bought a second fire stick for the cottage in the hopes of my Starlink getting shipped in the next 2 months.

I have a Google pretty much in every room, all wicked RFD deals.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13693 posts
3763 upvotes
Scarberia
AncasterRFD wrote: Echo’s are great as activation hubs when your Ring Doorbell is pressed to show your front door on your FireStick while watching TV. Add the Ring Skill and just set this Routine, FROM is your Echo device:

If you have a FireStick with TV controls, you can also get up and turn off the TV by calling it out, no need to pick up the remote.
too bad it only works on ring doorbells! i think it might work with eufys too , with google hubs nest doorbells work like this too, just wished all 3rd party doorbells had this feature
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13693 posts
3763 upvotes
Scarberia
pooper wrote: "ALEXA, set the timer for 20 minutes..."

"...[pause]......"

".....TIMER FOR HOW LONG?....."

"20 minutes..."

"......HMM, I DON'T KNOW THAT ONE....."

"ALEXA, PLEASE set the timer for 20 minutes..."

"...[pause]......"

"TIMERS ARE COMMONLY USED AS AN AUTOMATIC MECHANISM FOR ACTIVATING A DEVICE AT A PRESET TIME...."

:facepalm:
must be a glitch on urs, mine works perfectly
to stop timer u have to say 'alexa, stop' on google u just say stop! kinda annoying

also. op prices have been way lower during BF! echo show 8 was like 90 bucks, flex was 15 bucks,etc
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>