• Apr 17th, 2019 12:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2567 posts
3311 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Fire HD 8 Tablet • $74.99 | Fire HD 10 Tablet • $154.99

Not as hot as it was in the past for Prime Members: $49.99 for HD8 and $109.99 for HD10, but still kind of warm for a good spec'd "android" tablet.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07952VWG8/ref ... _fs_ca_kar

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07G3LSDN3/ref=fs_ods_fs_ca_sz

Hopefully this is a sign that the HD10 (black) will be in stock sooner than May 29th and they'll ship out my HD10 that I got for approx $85 ($154.99 - $45 prime credit - $15 courtesy credit - $7.50 gift card top up credit)
18 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14273 posts
4018 upvotes
Scarberia
hd8 is also 75$ at SDM right now if u got alot of points to redeem it, too bad the hd10 is regular 200$ at sdm, its not on sale i dont think
hd10 is way faster and snappier, better 1080p res
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2498 posts
287 upvotes
Mississauga
Can you use this to borrow ebooks from library?
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1291 posts
1993 upvotes
killer007 wrote: Can you use this to borrow ebooks from library?
You'd need to install Google Play first, then install Libby/Overdrive or whichever app it is that your library uses.
Oct 22, 2005
821 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto
yes.. overdrive as the post above mentioned or RB Digital (most libraries)
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10769 posts
5072 upvotes
I have the hd8 from last sale and removed the bloat installed google play and youtube and its snappier then my samsung tab e 8inch and battery life is pretty great too.For $50bucks i cant complain.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14273 posts
4018 upvotes
Scarberia
blazed16 wrote: I have the hd8 from last sale and removed the bloat installed google play and youtube and its snappier then my samsung tab e 8inch and battery life is pretty great too.For $50bucks i cant complain.
can u run google maps and smart youtube without any lag? basically unuseable for me
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3132 posts
1609 upvotes
West Coast
blazed16 wrote: I have the hd8 from last sale and removed the bloat installed google play and youtube and its snappier then my samsung tab e 8inch and battery life is pretty great too.For $50bucks i cant complain.
I just got back from a trip and am now opening the tablet for the first time. Any tips on how you smoothed out the performance or did you basically just go into the apps and delete stuff? Just currently updating the OS so haven't even looked at the main screen yet.

Thanks in advance
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2776 posts
1444 upvotes
Resiptv wrote: Are these tablets any good?
I'm happy with my HD8 for the money.

I only use it for light browsing and music/video streaming. I bought it primarily to display recipes while cooking.

Battery life is impressive at full brightness.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2461 posts
1007 upvotes
Burnaby
mikka2017 wrote:
can u run google maps and smart youtube without any lag? basically unuseable for me
Well it doesnt have a gps chip. Thats probably a big issue. I wonder if it would work with an external BT gps unit? I still have one from the days of the HP iPaq pda phones...
Jan 23, 2009
385 posts
318 upvotes
VI
aintic wrote: You'd need to install Google Play first, then install Libby/Overdrive or whichever app it is that your library uses.
No need for overdrive, it's on the Amazon store. Libby can be sideloaded or Google Play store.
Oct 3, 2014
303 posts
265 upvotes
remik wrote:
Hopefully this is a sign that the HD10 (black) will be in stock sooner than May 29th and they'll ship out my HD10 that I got for approx $85 ($154.99 - $45 prime credit - $15 courtesy credit - $7.50 gift card top up credit)
That was just too much information and irrelevant to this deal.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5219 posts
636 upvotes
How do you do this?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14273 posts
4018 upvotes
Scarberia
Oni-kun wrote: How do you do this?
Google xda fire tablet toolkit
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10769 posts
5072 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
Richfields wrote:
I just got back from a trip and am now opening the tablet for the first time. Any tips on how you smoothed out the performance or did you basically just go into the apps and delete stuff? Just currently updating the OS so haven't even looked at the main screen yet.

Thanks in advance
Oni-kun wrote: How do you do this?

Hey guys sorry for delay,

to answer some questions i have no lag at all its great and faster then my tab e 8inch lte.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/hd8-hd ... 0-t3889604

Follow these instructions to remove the amazon bloat and then to load the google play and youtube vanced is what i prefer.

If you start from scratch and follow those instructions in the link i provided everything went super smooth and works great.

i never deleted anything just diabled the amazon stuff so when you click the remove everything amazon it just disables it. If you say want the amazon books then you run a cmd in that tool to enable it but this thread i posted you will find everything there if you have any more questions just pm me ill be happy to help.
Nothing extra needed as this tool has everything included and no lag.battery life is great and no issues as of yet and ive been using it everyday.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3132 posts
1609 upvotes
West Coast
blazed16 wrote: Hey guys sorry for delay,

to answer some questions i have no lag at all its great and faster then my tab e 8inch lte.

Follow these instructions to remove the amazon bloat and then to load the google play and youtube vanced is what i prefer.

If you start from scratch and follow those instructions in the link i provided everything went super smooth and works great.

i never deleted anything just diabled the amazon stuff so when you click the remove everything amazon it just disables it. If you say want the amazon books then you run a cmd in that tool to enable it but this thread i posted you will find everything there if you have any more questions just pm me ill be happy to help.
Nothing extra needed as this tool has everything included and no lag.battery life is great and no issues as of yet and ive been using it everyday.
Nice, thanks for that. I'll try and tackle this tonight.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3727 posts
3248 upvotes
Markham
blazed16 wrote: Hey guys sorry for delay,

Thanks!
I have googled and found these adb commands to unhide certain Amazon apps after you have hidden all of them:
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.webapp
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.kindle.otter
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.kindle.otter.oobe
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.kindle
adb shell pm unhide com.audible.application.kindle
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.tahoe
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.client.metrics
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.device.backup
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.platform
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.photos
adb shell pm unhide com.nuance.edr.androidservice.service
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.whisperlink.core.android
adb shell pm unhide com.goodreads.kindle
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.csapp [Help App]
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.venezia [Amazon App store]
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.h2settingsfortablet
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.weather
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.kindle.personal_video
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.avod [Prime Video App]
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.windowshop
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.cloud9 [Silk browser app]
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.ags.app [Amazon Game circle App]
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.mp3 [Amazon Music App]
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.photos.importer
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.zico
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.calculator
adb shell pm unhide com.android.calendar
adb shell pm unhide com.android.email
adb shell pm unhide com.android.contacts
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.camera
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.kindle.kso [Special Offers App]
adb shell pm unhide com.amazon.kor.provider.permission.READ_PROVIDER
Being an Amazon Prime member, I can get free musics and videos after unhiding the Prime Video App and the Amazon Music App.