Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Amazon Fire TV 50" 4-Series 4K UHD smart TV pre-order, ships October 27 - $459.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2021 9:03 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6023 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
weedb0y wrote: I doubt anyone is really designing any mainstream consumer hardware with ethernet these days lol..
Really? My current model LG 65C1 TV has an ethernet port. Isn't that "mainstream consumer hardware"?

Reading the context of the original quote (missing from your reply), I think that you mean something like "does any mainstream consumer hardware that has ethernet leave out WiFi?". Apart from some network switches, security cameras, PoE-powered devices, and the like, you are probably right.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
3071 posts
1585 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I like TCL, I'm not a gambler, but I'm okay with a little panel roulette from Costco. You're protected so it's all good.

Same is true of Amazon, to a lesser extent.
Picked up a 55" TCL 4-Series for my sons basement "kid cave"....was $348 plus the $29 extended plan through Costco....TV has been rock solid!

Debating buying one of the FireTVs for my outdoor patio for the 2022 Summer Season now!
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2006
1506 posts
1351 upvotes
Ottawa
This would be a pretty short, informative thread on a new TV if all the off topic posts were culled.
Jul 4, 2008
78 posts
15 upvotes
hagbard wrote: As will the CCP.
Be aware, Google Chrome, Maps, Youtube, Apple products are tracking your info all the time.
Jul 4, 2008
78 posts
15 upvotes
Flix3r wrote: Amazon will love the data they collect from this.
Be aware, Google Chrome, Maps, Youtube, Apple products are tracking your info all the time.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2014
6054 posts
4059 upvotes
Parry Sound
This is the third pre-order post I've seen this week.

This is the hot deals section. Go post in shopping discussion or something. You're in the wrong place.
This message has not been approved by The Office of The Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
7220 posts
5993 upvotes
IslandDeal wrote: I suspect that "commercial" TVs that are used for digital signage (EG: The menu screen at Tim Hortons or video walls) would be dumb. They are usually very similar to their equivalent consumer products in terms of specifications but they have better cooling, "lockouts" and longer MTFs (Mean Time to Failure.)

A large PC Monitor would actually make a great TV if you have a sound system and lots of $$$
Commercial digital signage TV's are typically 1080P. They have a basic SOC media player that will play an .avi or .jpg file from USB (some small businesses use the port to display one .jpeg of a restaurant menu or promo) - others connect a PC or media player to play active video content.

The advantage of a commercial digital signage display is they are built to be on 24 x 7 and high bright screens can be purchased with a high nit value for use in brightly lit locations.

They can also be configured in a video wall daisy chain using panels with ultra thin bezels (the ultra thin bezel TV's are extremely fragile)

Typically they have no built in ATSC tuner. Just HDMI, VGA, Display Port, DVI connectivity & a serial DB9 port for use when in a video wall. They do come with a remote control.
Some have built in clock timers to turn them off at the end of the business day and back on at the start of the business day.
Last edited by plymouthhater on Sep 11th, 2021 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1304 posts
960 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
Dhanushan wrote: USD pricing?
Yes it's a US based site.I linked the article mainly for why they decided to make their own tv's.
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2019
1189 posts
815 upvotes
Amazon stuff are known to be good at least. Fire tablet, tv, amazon basics stuff, clothes, batteries. If the specs are to your liking get it.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: This is the third pre-order post I've seen this week.

This is the hot deals section. Go post in shopping discussion or something. You're in the wrong place.
Agreed, should not be posted here. Amazon doesn't need any free advertising.
For Sale:
Apr 8, 2006
254 posts
133 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: This is the third pre-order post I've seen this week.

This pre-order is 23% off. To some, that qualifies.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1942 posts
3072 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Wait is this new? I remember seeing an Amazon tv years ago
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
goozy1 wrote: Wait is this new? I remember seeing an Amazon tv years ago
Yes, these are Amazon-branded TV sets

Amazon said it needed to build its own set in order to better integrate its Fire TV software with Alexa voice controls.

Amazon starts making its own TVs with new Fire TV Omni and 4-Series

The higher-end Omni TVs have far-field mics for Alexa commands
Destiny is all
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2014
6054 posts
4059 upvotes
Parry Sound
Dhanushan wrote: Yes, these are Amazon-branded TV sets

Amazon said it needed to build its own set in order to better integrate its Fire TV software with Alexa voice controls.

Amazon starts making its own TVs with new Fire TV Omni and 4-Series

The higher-end Omni TVs have far-field mics for Alexa commands
Do they have their own plant? I doubt it.

Who's manufacturing these TVs for them?
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
MayorOfToronto wrote: Do they have their own plant? I doubt it.

Who's manufacturing these TVs for them?
Did you read the thread or The Verge article?
TCL is mentioned a few times in other posts.

"Amazon might call these “Amazon-built” TVs — and the company’s advanced far-field mic tech is definitely present — but it’s also very likely that Amazon has struck partnerships for much of the other hardware here. I’m almost certain that TCL is manufacturing one or both of these TV lineups. "
Destiny is all
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2014
6054 posts
4059 upvotes
Parry Sound
Dhanushan wrote: Did you read the thread or The Verge article?
Clearly, no. Thanks for the answer.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
TamazonCL

"Ta-ma-zon-cle"
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
Interesting, I like that you'll be able to use your Echo speakers as surround sound speakers. The Omni series looks like the way to go for me, right now I'm voice controlling my Fire stick from my Echo and find a bit of a lag, with the Omni series essentially incorporating the Fire TV Cube tech built-in the command responsiveness should be significantly faster.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Panel specs and teardown reviews would be required before I pass judgement. e-Arc and IR out look promising.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)